The PJ Tatler

Patrick Poole

September 8, 2013 - 11:35 pm

I’m in Israel this week for the 2013 World Summit on Counter Terrorism sponsored by the Interdisciplinary Center in Herzliya.

Yesterday I had the opportunity to talk at length with my friend and colleague Avi Melamed about ongoing events in the region.

In this first audio clip, Avi and I discuss Syria, jihadists in the Sinai and the tectonic shifts occurring throughout the Middle East:

In this second clip we talk about Hamas and other jihadists in Gaza, how the fall of the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt has caused a crisis for Hamas, and how PA President Mahmoud Abbas is taking advantage of his rival’s crisis:

In this third and last clip we conclude with a discussion of the regional situation and its effect on Israel’s security:

Avi will be in the U.S. in the next few weeks. I would encourage readers to follow him on Twitter.

Patrick Poole is a national security and terrorism correspondent for PJMedia. Follow me on Twitter.

my Aunty Hannah just got a stunning silver Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class Diesel just by some part-time working online with a cheap laptop. go now http://www.wep6.com
Go to website and click Home tab for more details.
❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤
Why not give a little synopsis for those of us who don't have the time to listen to the whole thing?
Roger that. Movies are slow and my machine sometimes chokes on them for reasons I cannot ascertain.
I had problems with all three when playing on my iPad. They'd just stop and sometimes start over from the beginning. Finally listened to them on the IMac. Definitely worth the effort.

Rubin recently noted the widely held Israeli sentiment that Americans don't understand the Middle East. I agree with that sentiment. Someone like Melamed seems to have a better handle on the region that Obama's entire foreign policy team. Maybe that explains why that bunch of amateurs has made such a mess of things.
Why not put them all into one MP3 file for downloading? Makes it easier on a commute rather than sitting at the laptop. :-)

One Trackback to “MidEast Dispatch: Tectonic Shifts in the Arab World (Podcast)”