The PJ Tatler

Bryan Preston

July 15, 2013 - 6:35 pm

No justice, no peace, on the streets of Baltimore. Of, if you prefer, open season in Harm City.

Using a translator, police spoke to the victim, who knows some English, according to the police report. The victim told officers that he was standing in the intersection of Fairmont and N. Potomac Street when a group of five black males first approached him.

He described all of the males as between 16 and 18 and told police a 6-foot suspect with a black “stretchy” shirt and mohawk told him, “What’s up, [expletive].” When the victim raised his phone to call 911, the suspect raised his shirt and flashed a silver handgun in his waistband.

The victim turned and ran before he was caught in the 2800 block of Fairmont and was beaten, police said. He sustained abrasions to his elbows and forearms but refused medical attention.

Police listed all of the suspects involved as black males. Three were “skinny” while one was described as overweight.

A witness posted on Facebook that she saw the gang of young men chasing the victim before they caught up to him and started kicking and beating him. That witness wrote that the black males were shouting “This is for Trayvon!” as they beat the man.

If Eric Holder is still looking around for a hate crime to prosecute, Baltimore offers one.

Not for the first time over the past few years, I am glad to have left Baltimore in the rear-view mirror. It’s an anti-gun state, tilted against the law-abiding. The leaders there, all Democrats, are the usual collection of demagogues and monsters that infest most urban governments in America. They will have no serious response for the communities among them that are now under threat from the Sharpton brigades.

George Zimmerman and his family would be welcome in my neighborhood in Plano, TX. Treyvon not so much. Blacks are only 8% of Plano's population, but in almost 100% of the local violent crimes where one person hits another person in the head, the perpetrator is a young Black male. No similar problems with older Blacks. No problems from the soft-spoken African immigrants who locally drive cabs and work at Fry's. The problem is cultural, not racial. In my opinion, part of the problem is most people are afraid to get involved in any way with this problem part of our population. George Zimmerman tried to get involved and look what happened to him. Instead, most people pay money to move away from places where there are groups of young Black males. It's unfair to everyone else of African ancestry, but our politically correct society doesn't offer many options except either buying property, homes and cars, to insulate oneself or aggressively using the criminal justice system to harass the problem segment of the population.
Oakland police abandoned an intersection where "protesters" had closed off the streets. They intimidated drivers and made them turn around.

When danger reared it’s ugly head
The Oakland police bravely turned tail and fled
Yes, the brave Oakland police turned about
And gallantly, they all chickened out
Bravely taking to their feet
They beat a very brave retreat
They could see what it was all about
So the Oakland police all buggered out
If Obama had three other sons they would look and act like these three hood rats.
I live not far from Oakland, and believe me, Oakland and neighboring Berkeley have not received my business in any way for about 15 years. The last time I was in Oakland, a young black male threw a half-full glass bottle of beer at my head as I entered a black-owned business to spend a little money. The black proprietor could have cared less about it. It's easier to shop on the Internet.
Is this a civil war in the making?
You people are just proving how gullible and blaming the wrong people. We have a race issue in this country we cannot keep acting like its a non-issue

we Need to stop being scared of speaking about what happen with our anchester. We need to stop blamming people for doing nothing wrong. We need to blame people who beat people up. who assult people. No matter the reason.

See your still not doing the right thing. I mean who post on a crime on facebook but not report to cops?

Hmm, I wonder what Obozo's former pastor, Rev Jerimiah Wright, has to say about this kind of crime.
I am ashamed to be a Californian. This once great state is now under mob rule, exemplified by the super majority in both state legislatures and the entire state government. They have done such a great job over the last 30 or so years.
This is in reference to the reaction of the Oakland police department as FeralCat wrote about.
I am really afraid that it's open season on Hispanics, since the juries may let them off in revenge. Luckily much of Baltimore is disqualified from Jury Duty due to criminal records. In one Jury pool I was in, they had two judges, including the guy who appears in the welcome film, that's how bad the citizen-to-criminal ratio is. (Of course a lot of the jurors were Black; racist generalizations are idiotic.)
When I lived in Baltimore, the mayor recruited one of the guys who made NYC safe (which is why New Yorkers put up with Bloomberg's idiocies). He was unable to do so, thanks to Baltimore's pro-criminal City Council. (I will note, however, that the same people who were so bad in policy did give our local Citizen's Patrol (NWCP) a lot of co-operation.)

P.S. The MD legislature is worse; criminal lawyers there actually put their ability to win cases above public safely. That is much worse, to me, than taking bribes, and as far as I am concerned, they have blood on their hands. They will find out one day that there is a Judge they do not control.
I think most criminal lawyers adhere to that idea, it's better to win cases than to protect the citizenry.
I live near Washington DC and I work in the city. Trust me when I say that most people here - black and white - are going about their business as if nothing happened. We all have feelings and opinions about the Zimmerman verdict, but we're not beating each other up or burning our neighborhoods.

The people doing the beating and burning are the "usual suspects" - young, poor, urban black men who are angry about everything and are too stupid to express their anger any other way.

Please don't let the news media fool you. America is not going up in flames. We are not "gripped by violence." Most black people are not rioting. They have lives apart from Trayvon and Zimmerman - jobs to do, families to take care of, and yes, white people to get along with. They're not stupid. Neither are most white people. We have other priorities.

Don't be a tool. Look around you and see what's going on with your own eyes, in your own neighborhood, your own city. Believe that - not The Narrative(tm). You'll stay saner longer.
silver gun=Davis or some other cheap street gun.
I, too, lived near Washington,D.C. There were parts of the city that I would never enter. Washingtonians keep the peace by AVOIDING conflict. I still remember the riots after ML King's assassination and have volunteered with a man who slept in his printing business all night to prevent looting.
Apparently Maryland doesn'thave a stand you ground law, otherwise this guy could have shot this bunch of Trayvon wannabes. Instead he had to run until he was caught and beaten to avoid be profiled as a racist.
People like you shouldn't comment it just show how bias you really are
Maryland? Stand your ground? Please. Until the last couple of years, MD law was that if you had a home invasion, you had to be cornered with no means of escape before you could even defend yourself. Maryland forbids open carry, and concealed carry is reserved for a few favored occupations - and friends of the (Dem.) administration. Governor O'Malley's wife has a concealed permit, for instance. That said, if I go to B'more anytime soon, of course I will carry.
I seem to recall our Citizen's Patrol officer saying something about needing to jump out the window.

I don't think that's actually MD law, but that's Baltimore.
1 2 3 4 Next View All