The PJ Tatler

Stephen Green

June 18, 2013 - 2:24 pm

DE-niro-in-Israel-cleaned1-550x366

Via Israellycool.

Stephen Green began blogging at VodkaPundit.com in early 2002, and has served as PJMedia's Denver editor since 2008. He's one of the hosts on PJTV, and one-third of PJTV's Trifecta team with Scott Ott and Bill Whittle. Steve lives with his wife and sons in the hills and woods of Monument, Colorado, where he enjoys the occasional lovely adult beverage.

Actually, that photo is crying out for a Photoshop, say of de Niro holding up a sign: "Come on over, Stephen Hawking, the water's fine!"
I'll wait and see, thanks. Good on him for visiting Israel; there's no better way to promote Israel than to visit, and let the country speak for itself.

But just being in Israel doesn't mean he's a supporter of anything. Maybe they offered him free ice cream, or something.

If he shows strong support -- and doesn't contradict it as soon as he gets home -- then that'll mean something to me.
hahahaha, until i clicked on the link i legitimately thought it was chuck hagel
How about some context for this picture? I'm curious to know when and where it happened and what was the nature of the event.
That's what the link is for. Click it.
Sorry, I missed the link. However, even clicking didn't tell me much. Was he in Israel or just somewhere that had an Israeli flag? When? What circumstances? What's with the second picture in the linked article? I can't quite make out what it says underneath the "B******". I don't read celebrity news so I've never heard of De Niro taking any position on Israel at all. Did he make a statement describing Israel as an example of apartheid? Or did someone claim he did and the picture you've cited is his refutation of that claim?? Seriously, I have no idea what's going on here and you haven't done much to clarify things.
It appears that the second picture has the stamp of "bullsh*t" on it as a refutation it being a quote from him. Drilling down a bit in the various links leads to posts trying unsuccessfully to track the quote down to its source.

So I'd say that the above pic is something of a confirmation of De Niro actually being supportive of Israel.

But I'd hesitate to actually assert it. One really never knows with Hollywood Intelligentsia.