The PJ Tatler

Bryan Preston

June 11, 2013 - 10:07 am

Cheryl Mills and Patrick Kennedy just keep turning up at the center of State Department fiascos and scandals. The latest is one that broke Monday — a State Department memo details how they stepped in to stifle investigations into several ongoing department scandals.

Now the NY Post has more details. It turns out that the cover-up was carried out to help a major Obama campaign bundler who was appointed US ambassador to Belgium.

A chief investigator for the agency’s inspector general wrote a memo outlining eight cases that were derailed by senior officials, including one instance of interference by Clinton’s chief of staff, Cheryl Mills.

Any mention of the cases was removed from an IG report about problems within the Bureau of Diplomatic Security (DS), which provides protection and investigates crimes involving any State Department workers overseas.

Among the bombshell findings:

* A DS agent was called off a case against US Ambassador to Belgium Howard Gutman over claims that he solicited prostitutes, including minors.

“The agent began his investigation and had determined that the ambassador routinely ditched his protective security detail in order to solicit sexual favors from both prostitutes and minor children,” says the memo.

“The ambassador’s protective detail and the embassy’s surveillance detection team . . . were well aware of the behavior.”

Undersecretary of State for Management Patrick Kennedy ordered the investigation ceased, and the ambassador remains in place, according to the memo.

Gutman rolled up $500,000 in donations to Obama’s 2008 campaign and helped finance the inauguration. Apparently that makes him untouchable to all but hookers of all ages.

Meanwhile, Mills turned up scuttling an investigation of drug use by State Department officials in Baghdad. Because, really, no one should worry about US diplomatic officials who use illegal and mind-altering drugs in a war zone.

By gum, I'm beginning to suspect this Obama fellow may not be altogether on the up and up.
I was just reading about this on the front page of the NY Times!!

Just kidding...
I served over 18 years as an infantryman until medically retired in 2005 for wounds received in Afghanistan. I loved and served my God, my country, and my family with every ounce of energy I could muster until I was physically unable to continue taking the fight to our enemies on their ground. But now I wonder...for what?

The MILLIONS of so-called conservative voters who just could not vote for Mitt Romney and stayed at home on 6 Nov 2012...you have no idea what you have done. You do not yet recognize the literal danger you have placed not only us, but also YOUR very own children and grandchildren. Good God, how could anyone be so selfish? I know Romney was a far cry from the true conservative we all wished for, but he was also a far cry from what we still have.

IF, I say again, IF, we have the opportunity to vote in 2014, I hope by then all of you who sat out the last election will learn from your inaction how very precious your right to vote is, and that every single vote does count. If you cannot vote FOR someone, then at least vote AGAINST absolute tyranny and corruption....if that's not asking too much from you.

Remember Benghazi!
It wasn't "millions of conservative voters sitting out the election" that resulted in the re-election of Obama, it was the millions of unthinking Democrats, low IQ voters, voters who wanted to continue receiving "free" stuff, dead folks, and voters who voted three or four times, all voting FOR Obama that got him re-elected.

I'm conservative, and didn't like all of Romney's policies, but I voted for him, despite my doubts, as did virtually every other conservative voter I know. Maybe it would help if the Republicans could nominate someone other than Old school, Eastern Establishment RINO's
I couldn't agree more that the establishment RINO's have fielded much less than adequate candidates, and also that Romney was extremely timid, but (I believe it was Beck) had an article two weeks ago that stated approximately 2.5 million voters stayed at home and did not vote for Romney because he was not conservative enough. I certainly remember this board (PJM) was flooded with people threatening to do exactly that -sit out. I wish I could provide the link.

Remember Benghazi!
I certainly question those numbers. I don't think that many conservatives were dumb enough to prefer Obama to Romney. But, I would not disagrees with the argument that there wasn't much conservative enthusiasm for Romney. But I blame the Republican establishment for forcing conservatives to vote for candidates who seldom share their values, beliefs, and causes. Beck doesn't speak for me, but I sure wish the Republicans could find a candidate who does. Maybe the answer is a third party, but when they had a chance, the Republican party refused to embrace a third party which was a natural ally because it meant the Republican Establishment could no longer conduct business as usual in Washington.....too bad.
First of all, thank you for your service. Second of all, I agree but I also think there is blame enough to share with Ron Paul voters who stayed home or wrote him in and the corrupted voting polls in some areas.

People will get the government they tolerate. Hopefully, people will have woken up in time for the mid-terms.
Let's see, lying, abuse of power, invasion of everyone's privacy, warrantless searches, voter fraud, abandonment of US troops under attack, cover-ups, sexual assault of minors, illegal drug rings, perjury, Illegal fundraising, selective enforcement of the law, defiance of the Constitution, contempt of Congress.... Nope, no "high crimes and misdemeanors" here!
I may be mistaken, but I do believe that when Gutman was suggested for his Ambassadorship there were some in congress who objected because he's openly gay and it wasn't thought to be appropriate for him to be posted to a Catholic country.
On second thought, maybe it was Lichtenstein. And another ambassador. I hope some one can recall and correct me.
You're thinking of James Hormel. Long, long time ago, Clinton Administration. But it's funny how the Clinton Administration keeps rearing its ugly head, isn't it?

Right!

....and, even more sickening is those legions of Kennedy's keep popping up everywhere.
Really, Kennedy and Clinton's names popping up in the same cover-up story. Just like old times....
Thanks for the correction.

They're all the same, these lefties, so alike they're interchangeable. And when they crawl out of their swamp to assume office they all trail the same scummy corruption behind them.
The Washington establishment is acting more and more like Renaissance nobility. I preferred the original version, however. At least 16th century tyrants did not pretend to be honest, hard-working folks just like us. Plus they dressed much better.
Underage hookers? Illegal drug use? What administration is this, Bill Clinton's?
You just know that the Sun King is trying to catch up to the master.
Yet another scandal? Hmm, wonder if there might be a pattern, here?
My God, how long are the American people going to put up with this sleazy, slimy, criminally corrupt regime? This deserves to be front page news...in my opinion. Representatives of our nation abroad represent you and me. How humiliating...

Remember Benghazi!