The PJ Tatler

Bridget Johnson

May 16, 2013 - 11:47 am

House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) indicated today he won’t be satisfied with low-level IRS employees taking the fall for the targeting of conservative groups.

“Listen, jobs is our primary focus, but while we’re focused on that, we’re also focused on holding this administration accountable. Our committees are working overtime to uncover the truth about what happened in Libya, and they’re trying to get to the bottom of what happened in the IRS scandal,” Boehner said at a news conference today.

“…The best way to repair this damage is for the administration to come forward with the truth, the whole truth, so that the American people will have all of the facts.”

When asked which people he wants to see go to jail, the speaker reiterated that he wants to see all the facts.

“I want to know how this happened, who was responsible for it. It’s clear that there — there is law. Section 7214 of the Title 26 of the U.S. code states very clearly, any officer or employee of the United States acting in connection with any revenue law of the United States who is guilty of extortion or willful oppression under the color of law shall be dismissed from office and, if convicted, be fined up to $10,000 and spend five years in jail,” Boehner said.

“…Somebody made a decision to do this. And I doubt that it was some low-level employees in the Cincinnati field office.”

Boehner was asked if he trusts President Obama in light of all the scandals.

“Listen, it’s not about trusting someone. Our job here is to get to the truth, and we’re going to get to the truth. And I know what you’re up to. I’m not taking the bait,” he said.

At a press conference with Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan today, Obama said his “main concern” with the IRS scandal “is fixing a problem.”

“And we began that process yesterday by asking and accepting the resignation of the acting director there. We will be putting in new leadership that will be able to make sure that following up on the IG audit that we gather up all the facts, that we hold accountable those who have taken these outrageous actions,” Obama said. “…And I’m looking forward to working with Congress to fully investigate what happened, make sure that it doesn’t happen again, and also look at some of the laws that create a bunch of ambiguity in which the IRS may not have enough guidance and not be clear about what, exactly, they need to be doing and doing it right, so that the American people have confidence that — that the tax laws are being applied fairly and evenly.”

Miller is scheduled to testify before the House Ways and Means Committee tomorrow morning.

Bridget Johnson is a career journalist whose news articles and opinion columns have run in dozens of news outlets across the globe. Bridget first came to Washington to be online editor at The Hill, where she wrote The World from The Hill column on foreign policy. Previously she was an opinion writer and editorial board member at the Rocky Mountain News and nation/world news columnist at the Los Angeles Daily News. She has contributed to USA Today, The Wall Street Journal, National Review Online, Politico and more, and has myriad television and radio credits as a commentator. Bridget is Washington Editor for PJ Media.

Interesting. John Boehner, Republican Speaker of the House. Flexing muscles and bellowing about his wanting the truth, to get to the bottom.

Where has he been throughout his tenure but wagging his tail and panting to have belly stroked by Obama. Or for invites for golf, dinner, whatever.

Not much bellowing or muscle flexing. The only dramatic tension in how close to the wire he would play before folding to Obama with his "last minute compromises".

Could his sudden interest in "getting to the bottom" NOW be that potential constituents of his are in the firing line? NOW he's interested. NOW that an election is shortly forthcoming?

As Speaker of the House does he not know his job is to speak for ALL Congress and thus ALL citizens? Don't they all, each and every, Congressman/woman freely swear/affirm oath to uphold and defend the Constitution which is the property of ALL, ie We the People?

His sudden interest in playing King of the Jungle to get Ohio-ans to believe he'll go the last mile for them. a HOPE? That they won't want a Change and shall keep his seat in Congress safe and polished? Preparation for life-long tenure on the gravy train of that royal court of Washington?

Is John Boehner, voted the Speaker for other republicans in the House of Representatives one of the funniest men in that "Confederacy oif Dunces"or what?

But what do commoners know about the rules of that royal court in Washington? What do we know who only know of the fundamental identity and law of the USA?

So, Mr./Ms. Low Level Employee, we're going to prosecute you under Section 7214, Section 26 of the Code. That would be 5 years and $10,000 fine. Or, perhaps you'd rather be a cooperating witness. Hello, Mr./Ms. Second Tier Employee... Continue up the chain and Ta Da - you get to the real bad guys.
Time is coming folks, to replenish the tree of liberty.

Tea Partiers, Conservatives and old white folks will be quickly eliminated using the IRS rules under Obamacare.

Better to go out fighting, I say.

Tax Revolt, Lock and Load.
Obama said his “main concern” with the IRS scandal “is fixing a problem.”

Hmm..The Japanese have a saying, perhaps shared with other Asian cultures,
that 'One can fix the blame, or fix the problem. (but not both)' perhaps Obama
will claim to have fixed the problem at the expense of not fixing the blame.
Well, that's two Eskimo guides they've thrown off the dogsled already. How many will they have to ditch before the howling wolves of the public are satisfied?

Surely they won't get around to the dogsled driver...?
Nobody should overlook the significance of this key point:
"Acting commissioner Steve Miller was not in charge at the time of the scandal. He planned to leave the post in June at the conclusion of a 25-year career at the IRS."

He's apparently being used by Obama as a "Red Herring"...a diversion.
According to this article the woman who was in charge during that time period at the IRS, now heads the IRS Obamacare office?

Can anyone here hack into King Obama’s Mr. Teleprompter at just the right time … … like real soon??!! Before he even realizes what he is saying, we may be free, free at last, thank God Almighty, free at last!!

Good afternoon subjects. I mean, um, ah, my fellow Muslims. I mean, um, ah, my fellow Americans. I am hereby resigning from the office of your God, I mean, um, ah your Supreme Ruler. I mean the, um, ah, Presidency. I will spend some of my remaining time on Earth trying to forgive myself for making Kenya, I mean, um, ah, Venezuela, I mean, um, ah, America worse off when I could have made, um, ah, America better off with the same effort and I will spend the rest of my life living in a hut with my half-brother whats-his-name in Kenya studying the Holy Qur’an. I mean, um, ah, studying golf, I mean, um, ah, studying horticulture. Allah willing. I mean, um, ah, God damn you. I mean, um, ah, um, ah, um, ah, um, God bless you.
New bumper sticker:

Once the IRS was against Al Capone
Under Obama, the IRS is Al Capone
But soon we'll be scolded by Obama that this all began under Bush.
1 2 Next View All