The PJ Tatler

Rick Moran

April 27, 2013 - 8:01 am

You may have seen a Tatler post of mine up this morning going into excruciating detail about how two Iowa Democrats were convicted of fraud in getting President Obama on the ballot in 2008 primary.

I got so excited and carried away in explaining the counterfactual possibility that Obama would never have been elected president, that I failed to notice that the Democrats were not from the state of Iowa, but rather Indiana.

Ooops.

I’ve been writing for PJ Media for 6 years and have had my own blog going on 9. I’ve made many errors of fact and omission during that time, having written more than 3700 blog posts and articles, but I can’t recall being so careless as to get a fundamental fact of a story so massively wrong — and then failing to notice the error until it was pointed out in the comments.

So as I wipe the egg off my face and pick myself up off the floor, I would like to apologize for this inexcusable mistake. I’d like to say it won’t happen again, but being human, you and I both know that it is a fool’s promise to underestimate our ability to make asses of ourselves.

Rick Moran
Chicago Editor

Rick Moran is PJ Media's Chicago editor and Blog editor at The American Thinker. He is also host of the"RINO Hour of Power" on Blog Talk Radio. His own blog is Right Wing Nut House.

I'm promoting you to fact-checker-in-chief and you may sit next to the CEO for a week. Pay raise? Heck, NO! You're not a member of the Tea Party INUB bloggers union. :)
Thank you !

But why take the story down, why not correct or update it? Just wondering.
The post was not salvageable since most of it was fantasizing scenarios where Obama wouldn't have been elected. Otherwise, I would have made a few corrections and kept it as it was, indicating the corrections at the bottom of the page.
As long as your mistakes do not imply giving North Africa to the muslim brotherhood or abandoning Ambassadors in the hands of terrorist, you are OK.
I taught high school for 30 yrs and the entire time told my kids, "Just say I messed up, sorry, I'll try not to do it again." It's over at that point, stop with the excuses, and move on. Rick, you're human, it happens, how adult to admit and move on. Kudos.
This should be posted at AT, not here.
Yes, but unlike the MSM, with their endless maunderings about their accuracy, you simply state your mistake and move along. That's how it should work.

Only little children and Liberals spend quality time excusing away their mistakes but also leaping onto the mistake's of others, "Gotya!" Here, you're the better writer for it and thank you for the correction.
Stuff happens, I worried you had been pressured to take the story down. I'll repeat my comment with the corrected state as well.

Charles Krauthammer often describes Obama as a lucky politician. If not for the petition signature fraud, the media blackout of his relationships with Wright, Ayers, his name changes and passport history, the sealing of all his records, the benefit his race gave him, he never would have been president. The news out of Indiana will cause the labels of "The Accidental President" or "The Illegitimate President" to cling to Barack Hussein Obama. Or Barry Soetero. Or Barry Davis. Or whatever his name is revealed to be when the records are unsealed.
What you (or Krauthammer) is talking about there is not luck.