The PJ Tatler

Bridget Johnson

April 18, 2013 - 9:18 am

At a House Homeland Security Committee hearing this morning, Rep. Jeff Duncan (R-S.C.) asked Secretary Janet Napolitano about reports that the Saudi national cleared as a person of interest in the Boston Marathon bombing is being deported for national security reasons.

“I am unaware of anyone who is being deported for national security concerns at all related to Boston,” Napolitano said. “I don’t know where that rumor came from.”

Napolitano said she’s unaware of any current proceeding against the Saudi but promised Duncan she would get that clarified for him.

“I think this is an example of why it is so important to let law enforcement do its job,” she added.

Duncan questioned why they would deport someone at the scene of the bombing who “could possibly ID the bomber” and have no opportunity to question him any further. “Is that not negligence?” he asked.

Napolitano shot back that the congressman’s question was “so full of misstatements and misapprehensions that it’s just not worthy of an answer.”

“There’s been so much reported on this that’s wrong I can’t even begin to tell you, Congressman,” she added. “We will provide you with accurate information as it becomes available.”

Bridget Johnson is a career journalist whose news articles and opinion columns have run in dozens of news outlets across the globe. Bridget first came to Washington to be online editor at The Hill, where she wrote The World from The Hill column on foreign policy. Previously she was an opinion writer and editorial board member at the Rocky Mountain News and nation/world news columnist at the Los Angeles Daily News. She has contributed to USA Today, The Wall Street Journal, National Review Online, Politico and more, and has myriad television and radio credits as a commentator. Bridget is Washington Editor for PJ Media.

So, let me see if I can follow Ms. Napolitano's "reasoning": She says the congressman's statements are “so full of misstatements and misapprehensions that it’s just not worthy of an answer”, yet immediately follows up with “We will provide you with accurate information as it becomes available.” This makes it clear that she cannot know the answers herself, and so cannot honestly say whether or not the congressman misstated anything at all.

I believe this is what is termed CYA, which is a mighty tall order for Big Sis.
Nothing to see here. ignore the Saudi behind the burtain.
"I think this is an example of why it is so important to let law enforcement do its job,” she added.

You lying, incompetent POS. That's why you've prevented ICE from securing our borders and they're suing you too!

You belong in a jump suit or go back to managing your al girl bowling league.

She and Feinstein, Giffords, Boxer, Waters and Clinton are why we ought to repeal the 19th Amendment.
Oops...no html tags anymore? Sorry kids. No preview either? No opportunity to edit either? Wow. Better not make a mistake PJ'rs.
She sounds just like Captain Willard in Apocalypse now:
“Sir, I…have no knowledge of an such activity…or operation …(ahem)… nor would I be disposed to discuss those operations, if they had in fact occurred… sir”
The non-answer answer.
“yes its true, but you cant prove it, and you even if you can, you cant call me never call me a liar because I talked in a circle without declaring a F*ckin thing one way or the other”
Janet is correct. She is unaware;and want's to stay that way.

She called this a 'rumor' What is the rumor, That someone is being deported? Or someone is being deported for national security concerns related to the Boston bombing. She makes sound like it is all a rumor.

But then says this:

"She also said it was incorrect to label the student as a onetime person of interest. “That was a wash,” she said."

So there is a Saudi student, who is not a person of interest that is at the heart of this 'rumor'. What is the status of this student Janet? Is this student, still in this country? Do you know that? If the student is in no longer in this country, can you tell us why NOT?

The sheer arrogance and condescension from this administration knows NO bounds. They don't even pretend to have any respect for our laws and policies anymore!

Not worthy of an answer indeed!

"for national security concerns"
Thats the administrations "out". Yea, he was a suspect, yeah he was allowed to "walk"...but it wasnt for "national security reasons"...
it was for any OTHER bogus reason we can dream up later...I never said what it WAS, I only specified ONE particular thing it was NOT....and that leaves the whole of infinity to hide behind, doesnt it?
Okay, why was there an article here in which the Saudi King had his Ambassador denounce terrorists and disassociate his gov't from such people?

And why does she not have the information? Does Ms. Napolitano lack the adequate security clearance?
Duncan is a doofus. He seems to be trying to draw the connection between this Saudi student with the Bush administration's facilitation of hundreds of Saudi nationals following 9-11. Where was Mr. Duncan then?
He wasn't in office. Try google next time.
"We, in this administration, don't answer questions. Next question"

"Your question is filled with mistatements and inaccuracies, don't you know that's my job to do that with the answers?"

"Look, haven't you learned after Fast N Furious, Benghazi, ....your right to know is superseded by our right to not give a damn about your rights?"

"No, I don't agree with Hillary who said it doesn't matter anymore, she was wrong. You and the people you represent never mattered"

"Have I been arrogant and obtuse enough to continue on in my role in this administration? It's a prerequisite for a position here"

Is that a 16oz cup next to her? is there a surgary substance in that cup? I see the bottle of water but not what's in the cup: who want to bet that it's a full strength Mountain Dew?
(Does Mayor Bloomberg know about this?) :)
There are times when questions are really stupid, but this is not one of them. If this is just a rumor, and they are trying to clear it up, then just clear it up. No need to be condescending and arrogant. A simple, polite, "No.", would suffice. These people are just barbarians squatting in the palace.
1 2 Next View All