The PJ Tatler

Rick Moran

April 7, 2013 - 10:46 am

One of the more disturbing aspects of the internet culture — fed largely by the ability to post anonymously — is the rash of mean, hateful comments made following the death of a prominent figure associated with one side or the other.

It’s a disease that afflicts both sides. The death of Ted Kennedy a few years ago brought out the haters on the right to an unprecedented degree. The vitriol and foul language as well as carefully composed comments designed to inflict the maximum amount of pain that were the rule on the right then are mirrored today by comments and tweets on the left regarding the suicide death of prominent Christian pastor Rick Warren’s son.

SooperMexican has some tweets from the compassionate gay left who wish devoutly that Warren’s son was gay:

@BryanJFischer well after all the dead gay kids Rick Warren is responsible for, I guess one of his is a small price to pay. #tcot

If Rick Warren’s kid committed suicide after gay conversion therapy that would just be another body in Rick Warren’s body count.

@RickWarren your son died due to your anti-gay hate toward gay people including your son..

@anotheraka @normaconnors gays commit suicide every day and Rick warren rubs it into the families faces every day! http://Evilbible.com

Here are a few gems from the comments responding to the news on Raw Story:

Well it’s too damn late to convince that egotistical shit Rick Warren to commit suicide first isn’t it? The sins of the father are visited upon the sons. In this case probably late at night when the sons were in grade school.

[...]

Well, one of Rick Warrens gods thought it a good idea to take his son from him. What does your god think of that?

[...]

Why all the fuss? If you were unfortunate enough to have been spawned by Rick Warren, and have to put up with his bulls**t 24/7/365, wouldn’t suicide be high on your bucket list?

If you want to prove the ailment exists on both sides, you need a better example than Ted Kennedy. While usually when someone celebrates the death of a political figure, that's because the person is blinded by partisanship (I saw some on the right celebrate the death of Ebert because of his outspoken beliefs), I'd say the only reason people said good things about Ted Kennedy was because of partisanship. If anyone else had drowned a woman, fled the scene, and then tried to use his privilege to get away with it, everyone would agree that person should be strung up from the nearest tree. It was only because of awful partisanship that Ted Kennedy was tolerated at all. His existence in the Senate is just one of those things from the past I'll just shake my head at and never understand -- like our country's awful history of racism.
Mr. Moran, as your friendly, neighborhood Liberal, I would like to point out that the right-wing nut-bars have in my observation showed far more, and far more frequent, restraint than their counterparts on the left. They should be encouraged to embrace this trend instead of being castigated with the exceptions. Just as the TEA Parties leave their demonstration areas clean, the right-wingers restrain one another when the comments get rude.

A lot of that depends on the rules established in a given blog, but the general rule at, for example, The Gateway Pundit, is that people prefer to offer sympathy to public figures with whom they merely disagree, especially upon a death in in family.

Ted Kennedy was an exception, and to honest, he asked for it in life. Ted Kennedy had no problem slandering real people. In his later years, he was so awful that the Washington Post stopped covering his antics. And even then, there were many, many expressions of sympathy to his family.
I try to avoid speaking ill of the dead, with a few exceptions (I did not pretend to be sad about Hugo Chavez, for example). I most certainly do not speak ill of the dead or their family it when someone's child (granted he was an adult) dies. Rick Warren's son was not a public figure and to punish his parents over this is classless and wrong. I do not know why he killed himself, but he did reportedly suffer from depression and I have only sympathy to his family at this point.

As for Ted Kennedy, one of the most outspoken critics of him after his death was Andrew Breitbart. Now I do not think Breitbart's comments were that out of hand (Ted Kennedy was a public figure and hardly blameless) and Breitbart was obviously owning his own comments. And the left engaged in far worse attacks against Brietbart after he died.
I think Kennedy is an exception. If people are a allowed to get away with committing crimes against their neighbor, and without expressing sincere repentence are still lauded as heroes, then we have no choice but to make that clear, even after their death. When Clinton goes down to his just reward (may it be soon), the same applies. But with Obama, it's just policy; I would be against wishing him ill, during his life or afterwards.

"When your enemy falls, do not rejoice", but "in the destruction of the evil there is joy".
Leftists are indeed bereft of humanity.
I REALLY REALLY hated Ted Kennedy's politics and personal behavior, but when he died, I forbore saying anything online of my unworthy thoughts. I do disagree with Mr Warren on several issues, but this torrent of hatred, bitterness and ugliest intolerance is HORRIBLE. Homosexuality was officially de-classified as a mental illness in the 1970s by the American Psychiatric Association under pressure from the homosexual community, but judging from the homosexual activists' terrifically irrational, twisted, hate filled words and behavior when someone disagrees with them or will not accept homosexuality as totallly OK, wonderful and natural, homosexuality is very obviously a mental illness, the APA notwithstanding. Mr Warren and his family and friends have enough to deal with now,without the haters, militant atheists and such piling on. It's sickening, and WRONG.
Sheesh, what is it with so many writers equating official published voices with anonymous internet posters? I won't even read posts in most places due to the utter stupidity, nastiness, or downright evil things people post. I resent being compared with people of such vile simply because we might have a vaguely similar thought.

Osama Bin Laden, Hugo Chavez, and Ted Kennedy were the only people I can remember expressing gladness that they had died, simply because their contribution to making this world a worse place is over. I've never understood "Don't speak ill of the dead". The truth is the truth. But we should treat the dead and living in the same way, by enumerating their misdeeds. Teddy Kennedy's treatment of conservatives, essentially "Borking" so many voices for his own political gain, was awful and deserving of condemnation.

But you can say "He was wrong in life" without devolving into a complete a**hole. This is where so many PUBLISHED opinions differ. The left often says "burn in hell" (which they ironically often profess to disbelieve in), while conservatives say "May God be mericiful on his soul", "may their family be comforted", or "hopefully with this death the wrong-ness ends".

But I guess this goes back to the old Prager-ism. If we just think they're stupid then we can pity them in death. If they think we're evil they can justify celebration of ours.
One thinks of Fred Phelps and his Westboro Baptist Church...
The point the author was making was the cruel and careless way that hyper-partisans inflict needless pain on grieving families. I'm sure the worst offenders have decried the "politicizing" of deaths in tragedies like Newtown or Katrina when the other side used those tragedies for political purposes. This is much worse...
As someone who's lost a son to suicide, I can only ascribe plain old evil to those who would make such comments. It may be that losing a spouse is more painful, but short of that, nothing cuts as deep a gash across your life. The pain never goes away, and you feel it every single day.

As has been said many times, liberals believe that conservatives are evil, and conservatives believe liberals are wrong; its a completely different mindset. That leads to liibs treating conservatives in the most hateful ways, and this is a clear example. I hate that public discourse has come to this.
"I hate that public discourse has come to this."

Should read: "I hate that so many vulnerable minds have been led to this kind of discourse by political activists and their operatives."
One can judge the character of someone who celebrates a tragedy and exploits it to their advantage. We are seeing this occurrence more and more from the Liberal Left. It is disgusting to see this nastiness, and I am ashamed to called them a member of m species.
On Ted Kennedy , I visit the Roman Catholic Church Ted Kennedy would go to in secret to pray . Mass is filled with Joseph , Mary and Jesus aliens and sinners in the back rows in their poverty which remind me of the story of when the three were told to flee by the angel from wicked King Herod. This is how Ted Kennedy in the last years of his life could go there and no one know who he was a Christian who in his life was also a sinner. He that is without sin cast the first stone. He that is on the side of wicked King Herod ,yikes!
Quite ironically, I live on the very street as the Kennedy childhood household. I must say, seeing and listening to the tourist who come here, they don't come here because it's history, they come here because they belong to a cult, whether they understand it or not.

Even more ironically, there is another house on this street that has a brick garage partially set into a hill. The Federal tour guides will tell them how it is that this is one of the locations where the Kennedys would hide bootleg liquor during prohibition.

Imagine that. People practically falling down over their Liberal God while not even hearing how it is that his antecedents are crime and smuggling.

Liberals are truly a pathology and a mental disorder.
Yes, ironic, isn't it? If it weren't for the huge fortune that Joseph Kennedy Senior made from bootlegging during Prohibition, they'd have likely been just another middle class Massachusetts family. Or maybe not, Honey Fitz before him was a rich, corrupt politician. But Joe did bootleg his way to riches, and the family is held to be demi gods,even so.
Bear in mind why the Knights of Columbus came to be you can read about on wiki but not all were accepting of the black man who had Joseph and Mary and Jesus people who were released from slavery 30 years before the knights of Columbus were founded.
excerpt :"On March 15, 2008, Pope Benedict XVI approved a decree recognizing the heroic virtue of Father Michael J. McGivney, founder of the Knights of Columbus. The pope's declaration significantly advances the priest's process toward sainthood, and gives the parish priest the distinction of "Venerable Servant of God." If the cause is successful, he will be the first priest born in the United States to be canonized as a Saint.[21]
Racial integration in the U.S.

While some councils were integrated, increasing pressure came from Church officials and organizations to change its blackball system and Supreme Knight Luke E. Hart was actively encouraging councils to accept black candidates by the end of the 1950s.[22]

In 1963 Hart attended a special meeting at the White House hosted by President Kennedy to discuss civil rights with other religious leaders. "
So sinner Ted Kennedy secretly going to church where the new family of Joseph and Mary and Jesus aliens were praying made Ted feel how Saul felt when he became Paul and saw the mystery of God spoken of in his letters in the ancient 2000 year old texts we can read today.
What he saw is how a Mary alien woman would be thrown in prison if she reported she was raped and so now you know why the great curse came on Mitt Romney in his Nephilim mistreatment of these aliens acting like wicked King Herod and hurricane sandy to put the final nail in his run to become president of USA
excerpt from 2000 year old text
Ephesians 3

The Message (MSG)
The Secret Plan of God

3 1-3 This is why I, Paul, am in jail for Christ, having taken up the cause of you outsiders, so-called. I take it that you’re familiar with the part I was given in God’s plan for including everybody. I got the inside story on this from God himself, as I just wrote you in brief.

4-6 As you read over what I have written to you, you’ll be able to see for yourselves into the mystery of Christ. None of our ancestors understood this. Only in our time has it been made clear by God’s Spirit through his holy apostles and prophets of this new order. The mystery is that people who have never heard of God and those who have heard of him all their lives (what I’ve been calling outsiders and insiders) stand on the same ground before God. They get the same offer, same help, same promises in Christ Jesus. The Message is accessible and welcoming to everyone, across the board.

7-8 This is my life work: helping people understand and respond to this Message. It came as a sheer gift to me, a real surprise, God handling all the details. When it came to presenting the Message to people who had no background in God’s way, I was the least qualified of any of the available Christians. God saw to it that I was equipped, but you can be sure that it had nothing to do with my natural abilities.

8-10 And so here I am, preaching and writing about things that are way over my head, the inexhaustible riches and generosity of Christ. My task is to bring out in the open and make plain what God, who created all this in the first place, has been doing in secret and behind the scenes all along.
Please I implore you protestant Christian do not be a fighter rebel opposing the True God or you will be loser hopefully in this life and not the shock you will come face to face with in the afterlife
I've got to say, Rick Warren is not a hero of mine, nor do I think he's helping the cause of Christ much. I think the Purpose Driven Business Model (R) in particularly anti-God. But I can't revel in the pain and sorrow and loss of a man's son. Who can smile and laugh at that? I can't.

And I've also got to say, perhaps out of spite, that I didn't know much about Jerry Falwell, or care particularly for what I knew about him. But when Kathleen Parker wrote that vile obit of him, I never read another peice by her again.

Some people just love to mock Chistians
1 2 3 Next View All

One Trackback to “Left Celebrates the Death of Rick Warren’s Son”