The PJ Tatler

Bryan Preston

March 14, 2013 - 1:07 pm

This segment aired on Jimmy Kimmel last week. It’s hard to decide which is worse, the ignorant people who have no idea what they’re talking about but seem to have strong opinions anyway, or the ignorant racist at the end who supports Obama “because he’s black.” You make the call, I guess.

YouTube Preview Image

I'm not as disturbed by opinions that differ from my own as I am by people who believe FACTS which aren't true. If we can't agree on facts, then our goose is cooked. You can't hope to get people to vote differently if they are operating from different facts than you are. For instance, if the typical Democrat voter holds that the Republican Party is the party of racism and that's why he votes Democrat - despite the contrary being true - I'm at a loss to see how you're going to get that person to change their vote. No one wants to be thought a racist.

So how do you reacquaint people with the reality that the Democratic Party has a lot more racial skeletons in its closet than the Republicans ever have?

I think it all comes back to the schools and teaching kids the TRUTH. If provable facts are the core of what they are taught, kids have a chance of growing up reasonable and well-informed. If kids get told flagrant lies - whether by teachers or the media - there is very little chance they'll "see the light" later.

Taking the schools back looks like a momentous challenge and one that will take a full generation or more to bear fruit but it is probably our best chance of restoring some sanity. But with the Democrats in power and their cronyistic relationship with the teacher unions, I think we've got our work cut out for us in reforming education.

I'm not a happy camper....

I like the low-information voter! In my opinion, his only problem is that he knows TOO MUCH:
-- How to register to vote;
-- Where the polling place is;
-- What day is Election Day;
-- How to acquire an absentee ballot;
-- How to vote early.

So I say: Let the low-information voter fulfill his obvious destiny: let him become the ZERO-information voter. We could solve a lot of problems while he's watching Real Housewives of Atlanta.
A lot of intelligence per sq. ft. on the Hollywood Boulevard, innit?
Ya gotta love the people living in Kaliforicate - people there are so busy getting laid - or trying to - it does not surprise me that they wouldn't know a sequester from a hole in the ground.

And kudos to the public school system - they've managed to dumb down the entire citizenry of a once well educated state to the level of a third world banana republic. Come to think of it many of the college campus's look like a third world what with the tuition breaks for foreigners.

Lets see - what was that movie called? Ah yes - Idiocracy! I wonder if that isn't the fate of Kaliforicate? How far behind them are we? With luck I won't live that long!
Just one of the reasons it would have been better to keep control of most matters at the level of the state, county, or even ward is that one then would have needed only to figure out how to properly educate and inform one's own fellow citizens. One could actually hope to achieve political reform through one's own organizational and rhetorical abilities. Thanks to "progress," though, everything's managed from the center. However, by "managed," I mean "mismanaged," and by "from the center," I mean, from some glittering metropolis over on the East Coast, filled with statues and other blockheads. So of course millions of Americans don't know the first thing about "the sequester," even though it concerns an amount of money about 85,000 times what any one of them may earn in a lifetime. Everything's being mismanaged a world away. One could organize, print up pamphlets, make videos, take out ads, make soapboxes to stand on, write speeches, call town hall meetings, and even persuade everyone around of what one knows to be Truth, Justice, and Goodness, but then what would one have? As far as I'm aware, one might have a community full of people who knew how to manage their own, local affairs, and that would be about it. That would be a fine accomplishment, but as matters stand, one would still have another few tens of millions of people to persuade before one could change anything at the national level. I have to deny that there's anything of "progress" in such a state of affairs, despite the circumstance that centralization has been a goal of "leftists" or "progressives" -- or just whatever today's euphemism is -- since well before I was born. I have to deny there's anything liberal about it, as well. In what sense can it be liberal to enmesh men in circumstances in which, whether individually or in a group of like-minded people, they have to move heaven and earth to persuade a majority of their fellow citizens? I have to insist that for something to be "liberal," there has to be some liberty involved. If most affairs were administered locally, rather than being badly administered by a foreign city at a cost of $3,800,000,000,000 per year, a community could hope to manage its own affairs well. In most respects, they could let everybody else go to Hell, if need be -- not because one should want them to, of course, but just because there's never been much that one can do to persuade, say, 100,000,000 people of something on a timely basis, anyway.
We really, really need to use the "civics" test we give to naturalizing citizens as the qualifier for voter registration. It would destroy the Democrats but that would make the World a better place.
I bet if you asked these folks (as Obama is so fond of calling them, regular down home kind of guy that he is) what they thought about gay marriage they would all know what it is and would all be in favor of it.
Those poor Portugese. What did they do to deserve being saddled with an American sequester?
Americans often have a great desire to express themselves but nothing to actually say. The racist was at least honest, which brings that group as a whole only back to about the year 1550. Next stop: cotton armor and the Age of Copper. "For St. James and King Charles!" Why not just ask them about the revolution on Mars?
The ignorance on the streets is not what dooms us. Frankly, most people don't pay any real attention to politics.

The problem in my view is that the Lamestream Media has given up all pretense of fairness or objectivity, and that is where far too many still get all they know about politics.