The PJ Tatler

Stephen Kruiser

February 20, 2013 - 8:42 pm

We’ve had a few minor technical glitches here the past couple of days so these didn’t get posted last night. But I still liked them.

Stephen Kruiser is a professional comedian and writer who has also been a conservative political activist for over two decades. A co-founder of the first Los Angeles Tea Party, Kruiser often speaks to grassroots groups around America and has had the great honor of traveling around the world entertaining U.S. troops.

[b]test[/b]
fail.
While we're on the topic of ways to improve the new comment system, allowing users to set the sort order PERMANENTLY rather than having to click a sort choice EVERY TIME THEY OPEN A POST would be much appreciated.

And enabling format tags so we don't have to use All Caps for emphasis would certainly be more dignified.
Odds are that standard pointy HTML tags work, as they did in the original comment system.
...or not. Apparently neither BBCode nor HTML tags work here. What about *asterisks,* _underscores_ or /slashes?/
Nothing. That sucketh.
[quote user="suftunderbelly"]And what is it with not having an edit function? I saw this briefly on the old system but then it disappeared. Are you planning to introduce it with the new system as PJM new and improved?[\quote]

Let's not have an edit function... Online conversations are confusing enough without letting people change what they said. A much better idea would be an append function.

Example:
Added 2/21/2013 @ 8:49 CST:
It could look something like this! I can now clarify what was said without anyone being able to edit their comments to make it look like others are making unsubstantiated accusations.

But I agree with the rest of the comment, and would like to add, can we get a preview function and some sort of guide to the tags available in these comment boxes?
Ask yourself this: Given the level of conversation here on PJM prior to this fiasco, and by level I mean quality, how many contributors/commentators do you think would have any interest in tweets or tweeting?
Then, there's this; how many would be interested in commenting in only 140 characters?
Also this; how many tweeters(?) would have ANY interest in the topics to be found here?
I realize that social media is the next big thing coming down the pike for the 28 year olds and under but what about the rest of us? And if we're to become oh, so sophisticated netwise, don't you think that signing in vs recognizing an IP address is old school? And what is it with not having an edit function? I saw this briefly on the old system but then it disappeared. Are you planning to introduce it with the new system as PJM new and improved? And what the heck is this about losing the old comments? Am I disappointed in the new? You betcha! Am I coming back? I guess I have to to read some of the columnists but I used to show up for the comments too.