August 21, 2012 - 12:54 am
- The Border Conspiracy, Part Two: Video Confessions of a Hidalgo County Sheriff’s Deputy, by Bryan Preston. More shocking video obtained by PJM: a brave whistle-blowing deputy says the effort to manipulate the county’s crime statistics starts at the top, with Sheriff Lupe Treviño.
- Fear and Shame on the Campaign Trail #3 — The Year of Living Jerkishly, by Roger L Simon. Time for the Chinese to amend their calendar: We are now in The Year of the Jerk.
- Hurricane Isaac to Disrupt GOP Convention? By Brendan Loy. Stay tuned.
- Israel’s Options After America’s Foreign Policy Debacle, by David P. Goldman. Israel has far less to lose by attacking Iran than the Obama administration believes.
- When Land Is History, by Victor Davis Hanson. VDH’s family farm, and the millennia of history its land has endured.
- Raiders of the Lost Tubes of Solyndra, by Zombie. Where our $500 million went: The missing Solyndra glass tubes have finally turned up — in a modern art exhibit at U.C. Berkeley.
- Will a Defiant Rep. Akin Burn the GOP’s Campaign Hopes? By Bridget Johnson. Republicans piled on the Senate candidate to drop out of a critical race as the congressman under fire for rape comments dug in his heels.
- 3 (Conservative) Reasons to Admire Helen Gurley Brown, by Kathy Shaidle. She was a liberal who made the world safe for Sex and the City, and was pro-abortion. Yet Helen Gurley Brown’s traditional “puritanism” makes her a surprisingly conservative role model.