The Tyranny of Cliches, and the exploration of the memes of the day.
May 7, 2012 - 12:45 am
- Obama’s Liberal Experiment Has Failed, by Victor Davis Hanson. The temple of postmodern liberalism was rocked these last few weeks.
- Jonah Goldberg Discusses The Tyranny of Cliches, Part I, by Ed Driscoll. The Clff’s Notes to the Newspeak Dictionary. (Audio interview with transcription.)
- Why America’s Enemies Are Thankful for Obama, by Michael Ledeen. It’s not for the reasons he had assumed.
- We Don’t Need Another Student Loan Repayment Program, by Timothy Furnish. There is a veritable legion of programs for repaying student loans which already exist.
- Cloward-Piven Strategy Working Perfectly — in Europe, by Zombie. France and Greece double down on an unsustainable entitlement economy.
- The Vanishing Labor Force of Obama’s Depression, by David P. Goldman. About a fifth of working-age Americans aren’t working — and a fifth of all personal income is transfer payments. These numbers are astonishing and without precedent.