January 28, 2012 - 1:23 am
- Why Wasn’t France Downgraded Sooner? By Michel Gurfinkiel. Everybody with a brain knew that France was broke. Nobody paid attention.
- Pipeline Politics Derails More than Jobs, by Patrick Richardson. By killing the Keystone project, Obama has delivered a blow to the entire economy.
- Newt’s Lunar Base, by Rand Simberg. What are the costs, technologies, and politics behind the speaker’s promise of a moon colony as the 51st state?
- Do ‘Sanctions’ Work? By Robert Wargas. Overused, politically charged words have a funny way of draining themselves of all meaning.
- Smearing Newt: Taking Names for 2016, by J. Christian Adams. I never thought I’d see so many purported conservative writers, and once proud conservative websites, shilling for Mitt Romney.
- SOTU Breakdown: Obama’s Ignorance, Inexperience, Character, and Incompetence, by Barry Rubin. In the famous scene in The Caine Mutiny the captain is testifying at the court-martial of officers who removed him from command during a storm on the basis of mental incompetence.