Ron Radosh

I have no objections to Jeb Bush running for president. He obviously has a wide appeal as a potential candidate. With a Mexican wife, and as a man who speaks fluent Spanish, he would be able to increase the Hispanic vote in the GOP column. On the other hand, many in the Republican base find his position on immigration untenable, and would fight him tooth and nail during primary season. He is also a serious advocate of education reform. His support of Common Core, however, will also find many who are in the conservative ranks objecting, since they fear that Common Core represents educational centralism and having the government ram federal standards down their throats.

What I do object to is that Bush is already being heralded as the obvious candidate, the man to whom the big money must and will flow. As the Washington Post reports:

Many of the Republican Party’s most powerful insiders and financiers have begun a behind-the-scenes campaign to draft former Florida governor Jeb Bush into the 2016 presidential race, courting him and his intimates and starting talks on fundraising strategy.

Apparently, whoever makes up this somewhat mysterious Republican “establishment” fears that their former hope, Gov. Chris Christie, is damaged goods. Secondly, they fear that unless they intervene quickly behind a chosen candidate, Sen. Rand Paul could win the nomination and, in a time of the necessity of strong actions abroad by the United States, could push their party and the country in an isolationist direction.  As one prominent unnamed bundler told the reporters about Jeb Bush, “he’s the most desired candidate out there.” The article goes on to note that at a moment’s notice, Bush could activate a waiting national fundraising effort that would give him more funds than any competitor in the Republican ranks.

Whatever happened to letting members of the Republican Party choose their own candidate freely, and holding a convention in which delegates actually can make their own choice for the nominee? Evidently, that moment has already passed, and the folks who gave us McCain and Romney have already made up their minds.

Again, I do not necessarily agree with the arguments against a Bush run, but those arguments will be made, and the threat always is lurking in the wings that some conservatives, finding that their favored candidate is not likely to get the nod, will begin to talk about running a “real conservative” on an independent line in 2016. And such an act would siphon off just the right amount of votes to put Hillary Clinton in office.

As for the Democratic Party, its equivalents in the big-money community have anointed Hillary as their preferred candidate. Like Jeb Bush, she has not said she is going to run, but is already taking all the steps to have the money ready to flow and the organizations on the ground should she decide to take the step.

Hillary Clinton also has obvious vulnerabilities: Benghazi, Benghazi and Benghazi for a start, followed by the “Russian reset” with which she is identified. And nationally, Hillary would do all she could to counter her negatives by resurrecting the charge that Republicans are “waging a war on women,” and by arguing that nothing could destroy their goal more than putting the first woman president in the White House.

Then there is the Democratic base, whose members would most likely feel Hillary is too much of a centrist, a DLC-type Democrat in the mold of her husband who would placate big money and Wall Street. Already, Senator Bernie Sanders, an unabashed democratic socialist representing Vermont, is talking about the possibility of running his own independent campaign.

As he told The Nation in an exclusive cover interview with John Nichols last week, he is “prepared to run for President of the United States.” Sanders “has begun talking with progressive political strategists, traveling to unexpected locations like Alabama and entertaining the kinds of process questions that this most issue-focused member of the Senate has traditionally avoided.”

Ever the socialist, Sanders argues that “somebody has got to represent the working class and the middle-class in standing up to the big-money interests.” You might think Hillary Clinton is a good leftist and fervent class warrior, but Bernie Sanders disagrees. “I like Hillary,” he says, “but I think, sad to say, that the Clinton type of politics is not the politics…that I’m talking about.” What the nation would get with Hillary in the WH, he argues, is “the same-old, same-old Robert Rubin type of economics…or ‘centrist’ politics, or continued dependence on big money or unfettered ‘free trade’-that is not what the country needs.”

Much as some conservatives argue that only a Ted Cruz-type candidate can mobilize the base and get conservatives out to the polls to win, Sanders argues that Hillary does not have “the politics that galvanizes the tens of millions of people today who are thoroughly alienated and disgusted with the status quo.”  Hillary Clinton, he says, has the wrong politics and is the representative of “the Democratic establishment.”

In Bernie Sanders’ eyes, many Democrats are in fact “not terribly different from some of the Republicans.” This is the mirror image of the argument I heard Glenn Beck say on radio a while back — namely that the Republican Party is finished and represents nothing, and that true conservatives should think of backing their own candidates outside of the tarnished Republican brand.

Sanders fully realizes that if he decides to run, he will put into place the Nader effect, getting just enough votes to swing the election to make it a Republican win. That alone might give him pause. But he also believes firmly that “operating in the framework of the Democratic Party” is not a “better approach.” He also believes that the people understand that unless the party changes, they will lose white working-class votes. In his eyes, the only way to win is by a massive shift to the kind of socialist policies he openly supports.

So we have the possibility of a Clinton nomination on the Democratic side and a Bush nomination on the Republican side, and the chance that in both parties, mavericks dissatisfied with that choice will favor an independent run of their own. For now, all bets are off, but a third-party run — either by a disenchanted Democrat or a conservative or libertarian Republican — always hurts the party they broke from and more likely ensures the political victory of a candidate they all disdain.

You may not object to Jeb Bush running, but I sure as hell do.

I've voted in every Presidential election since 1976 and have voted for every Republican candidate since Gerald Ford. I even held my nose and voted for Dole, McCain and Romney. I'm as loyal as you can get. And I'm through.

I'm sick of the Republican establishment shoving RINOs down my throat and being ignored about anything else except when they want money. I'm through with it. I will not vote for Chris Christie, Jeb Bush or any RINO, just as I will not vote for anyone pushing any kind of immigration "amnesty" (otherwise known as "handing permanent, unbreakable control of the country to the Democrat Party").

I'm sick of the GOP leadership being unresponsive to anyone but big corporate donors. They're walking on very thin ice with me and millions like me. But I predict that once again the GOP will gamble that our sense of duty to the country will overcome our disgust and anger at yet another Dem Lite Republican candidate, and serve us up someone like Jeb Bush.

And I will stay at home.
Ron states that the party insiders fear Rand Paul running as an isolationist in a time where American leadership is needed in the world. How does electing Jeb Bush provide an antidote to that? He has no foreign policy experience is likely to rely on the same Wilsonian neo-cons, his brother did. So we would end up with open ended, poorly defined regional wars and pointless nation building. Not a lot different than what the hapless Clinton brings.
MB4 below is right on the GOP establishment and the Bushes pushing amnesty. The Chamber of Commerce wants cheap labor without benefits. If the Roves of the world think they're going to re-build the Reagan coalition by shafting blue collar America, they're out of their minds.
Hope somebody is printing "No more Clintons, No more Bushes" bumer stickers.
The Dirty Little "Secret": The reason that politician supporters of "Comprehensive Immigration Reform", like Jeb Bush, want it is so that they and/or their campaign contributors can have serf labor. They would probably prefer actual out-and-out slaves but that is illegal. "Comprehensive Immigration Reform" Democrats, like Obama, also want it so that those who are now illegal can become legal and vote for them, if they aren't voting for them already.

Does anyone think that any of these "Comprehensive Immigration Reform" politicians actually care one wit otherwise for the illegals. Does anyone think that any of the "Comprehensive Immigration Reform" politicians are going to invite these Mexican Indios and Mezclados to join their elite/exclusive golf clubs? Come to live in their gated communities, other than as servants? Invite them to their yachts, other than as low paid deck hands and/or servants? Invite them to their cocktail parties? Introduce them to their daughters?

The big majority of the Mexicans who have come here/will come here are Indios and Mezclados, not the Spanish descendant fair-skinned ruling class of Mexico. This is a form of ethnic cleansing by Mexico's ruling class. So these "Comprehensive Immigration Reform" politicians, like Jeb Bush, are aiding and abetting and facilitating ethnic cleansing. If the U.N. were not such a joke, they would all be standing trial for trying to reintroduce a form of latter-day-slavery in the United States and for the mass ethnic cleansing of Mexico.
my buddy's mother makes $65 every hour on the computer . She has been fired for seven months but last month her income was $14300 just working on the computer for a few hours. hop over to this website============>>> http://www.works12.com
Make extra money from the comfort of your Home! This is certainly the nicest-work I have ever done. Start earning with Google. I earn up to $500 per week. See Page www.Pow6.com
To mans1967: divide 19048 by 77 to see how many hours your ficticious pal worked. Sixty plus hours weekly is "a few hours"? Liar!
I'm going to vote for Sardondi. If we don't deport the illegals the hispanics will soon be in the majorit and will run the USA like they run Mexico. Want to live in that sort of chaos? If not, out they go!
my friend's sister makes $77 an hour on the computer . She has been laid off for five months but last month her pay check was $19048 just working on the computer for a few hours. Get More Info........w­­w­w.W­o­r­k­s2­3.u­s
۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞­۩ஜ
Start making cash right now... Get more time with your family by doing jobs that only require for you to have a computer and an internet access and you can have that at your home. Start bringing up to $8012 a month. I've started this job and I've never been happier and now I am sharing it with you, so you can try it too. You can check it out here...
www.work71.com

۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞­۩ஜ
LET’S HAVE A PRODUCTIVE 2014
CLICK THE LINK FOR MORE INFORMATION
The GOP are an old bunch of has beens. They're like the quarterback who is old but won't quit. They will have to be thrown out I guess.
I will never vote the GOP ticket again. Romney was it for me. I would never vote for Jeb Bush.
I will only vote candidate now, and that candidate would be Ted Cruz.
The GOP knew their voters were being targeted during the last election by the IRS, and remained silent. That was an unforgivable betrayal.
We must go third party ticket if Jeb Bush were to win the primary. I'm willing to take the risk. I will never throw my vote away on this party again.
If I were ever going to vote for a Republican again, it wouldn't be Jeb Bush. But, since I'm never voting for a Republican again, doesn't really matter to me who they nominate. I'm done with them.
How about a compromise? Only give young hot Mexican females citizenship....and vigorously deport the rest.
1 2 3 4 5 Next View All