The spam filter has been filtering out a number of regular commenters. I am looking at the issue now.
Not me. I can get in. ;>
It’s probably for the better.
I know my comment was justly sent arrowing off into the abyss, and on reflection I think the spam filter was probably just doing its editorial office.
Maybe the filter is smarter than we think? Nah, that isn’t it. It let me in, didn’t it? Must be something else.
It is smarter than you think, it kept me out.
Here’s what happened to me:
1) A post went to electron heaven, i.e., it seemed to go through, but did not appear in the thread.
2) So I repeated the post, only to have the board software tell me it had previously been posted. Though it hadn’t.
3) So I put up a test post, which stated that it was a test and could be deleted.
4) The test post went up, so I tried to edit it into the message No. 1 which had been “disappeared”.
5) That definitely and for sure set off the spam filter, which deleted my test post and wouldn’t let me post anything on the Belmont Club for the rest of the day. I complained to Richard and he reset things so my deleted posts went up retroactively.
6) But, according to Richard, something like this happened to other posters too.
Am I still blocked? A similar story to tom holsinger‘s. I submitted one that vanished, another that was accepted that I then tried to edit to include the previously eaten materiel and then I got blocked. Am I clear now? Let us find out.
I tried to post something a couple days ago that disappeared.
I typed it in. Hit submit. The page refreshed and the post didn’t appear.
In the past when I went to purgatory the post appeared but there was a note that said it was awaiting moderation and after a while it was released and others could see it. In this case no note. No nothing. It was as if I had never posted it. There were no links in the message, which is what has sent me to purgatory in the past.
I wasn’t quite sure what had happened and I didn’t feel like typing it in again.
That is EXACTLY how it started with me on Friday.
FWIW, my post was in the Notes From All Around thread and was related to Spengler.
Am I back?
I was blogging from a fishing boat when all of a sudden this creepy music started up and I saw a big fin in the water.
It eats posts occasionally. Upon reflection, they rarely are worth recreating. NOTE to Habu — sometimes it’s *not* Wretchard being mean to you personally.
Comments are closed.