Faster, Please!

Was Benghazi a Honey Pot Trap?

April 14th, 2013 - 9:14 am

I knew there was something missing from the Benghazi story, something fundamental that had thus far escaped my attention. Not that the questions being asked by the hundreds of Special Forces guys aren’t important. I, too, want to know why–if this is accurate–we didn’t have military forces ready to move in. I, too, want to know why the top political figures–the president and the secretaries of state and defense (Obama, Hillary and Panetta)–were so clearly disinclined to take action. That whole phony charade about the “video” bespeaks an effort to get the world to focus on the wrong thing. The blatant, almost compulsive lack of a sense of urgency upsets me no end. OK. But I was still trying to understand what had happened, and I wasn’t making great progress. I needed help. And so, as I often do in such circumstances, I dragged out the ouija board, checked the wiring and the batteries, and switched it on. Amazingly, it worked immediately, and I was once again talking to the lively spirit of James Jesus Angleton, who once upon a time headed up CIA counterintelligence.

ML: “Wow, it worked first time.”

JJA: “Lucky me. I was napping.” (Sound of Zippo lighter clicking shut).

ML: “I’m sorry! What time is it there?”

JJA: “We don’t have time here, it’s eternal, you know.”

I tried to think of something witty to say, but it didn’t work.

JJA: “That whole night and day thing, it doesn’t apply. Darkness and light were separated on earth, after all…”

ML: “Right. Part of creation.”

JJA: “Exactly. So what’s on your mind?”

ML: “Benghazi. It doesn’t parse, somehow.”

JJA: “What’s the problem? Just begin at the beginning, you’ll get it…”

ML: “What’s the beginning? When the attack starts? When Ambassador Stevens asks for better security? With one of the intelligence reports or warnings? When?”

JJA: “That’s all scene-setting. It begins with Stevens going to Benghazi.”

ML: “Okay, he goes to Benghazi, where he’d been many times before.”

JJA: “Stop!”

ML: “Huh?”

JJA: .”..many times before. Why?”

ML: “Well there’s a widely repeated theory that he was organizing clandestine arms shipments from Libya to the Syrian opposition forces, but I don’t believe it.”

JJA: “No, no, go back further. Before they made him ambassador. The whole Libya thing, the overthrow of Qaddafi. The Libyan opposition was based in Benghazi, right? We intervened to save the people in Benghazi, right?”

ML: “Yeah, so what?”

JJA: “Stevens was a key intermediary during that period, wasn’t he? He sneaked into Benghazi on a Greek cargo ship and established contact with the anti-Qaddafi forces.”

ML: “He was a hero to the post-Qadaffi rulers. They loved him in Benghazi.”

JJA: “Well said!”

ML: “What did I say?”

JJA: “You said they loved him.”

ML: “Did I say the magic word? Is Groucho going to give me a hundred dollars?”

JJA: “I didn’t realize you were that old” (coughs, chuckles, coughs again). “Yes, the magic word is ‘love’ and according to my sources, it’s the key to the operation.”

I objected somewhere above to the gimmick of the ouidja board conversation.
Speculation itself is perfectly natural......and, there's no question that with all of these big names/positions involved that something major is being covered up.
Mr. Ledeen's theory is not inherently homophobic or slanderous. Honey traps were a widely used technique in the Cold War. They were used against heterosexuals and homosexuals alike. I see no reason to believe that this technique fell by the wayside after the Cold War.
I still don't get it. I see the honey trap aspect, as the ambassador was homosexual, and maybe that Turkish guy was one of his friends. But why assassinate him? What was the point?
I also see where Obama-Panetta-Hillary come from: they are total cowards and politicians, and open warfare is not on their radar at all. They could not react any more than Chamberlain could react to Hitler.
But how does the honey trap thing work into the story?
You're a little slow on the uptake?

What part of that story was not plausible, if not probable, as it unfolded?

There were early reports of Ambassador Steven's body having been "violated", (either alive or dead), but this aspect of the story was obviously not going to be helpful to the Obama Administration.
I'm having a hard time finding an email addy for the lead congressman (Rep Frank Wolf (R) VA) pressing for a select committee to find out what happened. I've got the letter written, tho; here it is:

subj line: Regarding Rep. Wolf's leadership on the issue of the facts about Benghazi, please let me direct you to:

(email reads)

Dear Rep. Wolf,

I realize how unlikely it is that pertinent info should flow to you via an email from a guy way down in Lamar Hunt's district, but this is in re your role in the struggle to form a select committee to look into the Benghazi scandal.

I'm retired, and spend a lot of time reading and watching the media report on the current issues, and have those reasons to believe that the info contained in the above URL has not been been recognized and 'internalized' by your (and my) side of this issue.

In particular, the findings of a certain youtube sleuth who goes by the handle "Montagraph" are contexted and framed (and linked) within the article whose URL is at the top of this email.

Thank you very much for your kind attention,
Buddy Larsen
===

"God Bless America, and Long Live the Republic!"
At the time of Benghazi the video had been viewed by less than 100 people NONE of them in the Middle East.
The Arab world is full of Homosexuals and Amb. Stevens knew this of course which was why he just 'loved' working there. I have no doubt in my mind too that his Homosexuality compromised his security in Benghazi. He was after all tortured and sodomised by his "rescuers'.
It is a plausible theory...except for one thing: how does it explain the earlier removal of some of the security for Stevens, the refusal to provide him a quick escape plane, refusal to increase security once the Brits and Red Cross pulled out, and abject callousness with regard to letting him and others die without lifting a finger to help. I guess they were too engrossed in the action scenes to break away and order a rescue mission.

I have another theory, which doesn't necessarily rule out the "honey pot explanation entirely: Stevens was determined to be a risk to Obama's agenda or reelection, so he was hung out to dry....yes, intentionally "allowed" to be killed by Obama's buddies in Al Queda (now Obama wants to arm the Muslim Brotherhood in Sudan).
Other angles:

...and more recently,

(quote lead)

Exit another fighting general

By MICHAEL A. WALSH, New York Post

Lost in the inaugural hullabaloo was Tuesday’s news that President Obama has relieved Gen. James “Mad Dog” Mattis, the colorful and highly decorated Marine who’s been in charge of the crucial US Central Command, which oversees the various wars in the Middle East, since 2010.

...
Read more: http://nation.foxnews.com/gen-james-mad-dog-mattis/2013/04/10/another-general-exits-under-obama#ixzz2QYfvsGUF

===

Mattis is reported to've been purged by miltary-purge specialist Tom Donilon, a man whose record in DC should really, really, really become the subject of a PJM expose. While, y'know, we still have freedom of speech.
jackphat, daveinga, you're both on the verge of closing at least one loop of this thing. If you bing-search [ hagmann montagraph ] you'll find out a whole lot of things you'll likely regret having found out. Regret that is, if you're some of those folks who prefer not to be stupified with dread.

Amazing to me that this --the material in the Hagmann report and the findings of Montagraph --has not exploded in the media --but we all fully savvy THAT story.

In bing, [ general dynamics, ayres, passport scandal, brennan ] will educate you, as will [ the analysis corporation, the stanley company, quarle harris ]. All are tags which in combinations will pull a comprehensive story out of search.

Or, you simply verify that Hagmann is bona-fide, and then read his Part III of the Benghazi story [http://www.canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/49761].

I started reading Canada Free Press (Hagmann's perch) during the dark pre-climategate days when the sneering science treachery front was so oppressive, and CFP's Dr. Tim Ball was such a beacon of reason. And so I discovered Hagmann, who discovered Montagraph, the youtube maven and sleuth.

Pay attention to the numbers of hits on the associated URLs mentioned by Montagraph --the dates where they moved to hundreds of thousands at such unbelievable speeds.

What does it mean if it is true that the Ayres team cleaned up Obama's records in spring 2008, and that the sanitation contractor is now the director of the CIA, and that this team also produced and distributed the 'innocence of muslims' video, and that this team was at the other end of phone calls from the Benghazi facilities that have been characterized in a congressional hearing as "the Taliban are in the house!" [http://www.bing.com/search?q=congressional+testimony+%22the+taliban+are+in+the+house%22&qs=n&form=QBRE&pq=congressional+testimony+%22the+taliban+are+in+the+house%22&sc=0-0&sp=-1&sk=] -?

Alas, we are doomed to wait and see.
Actually here is what one might do:

1. What was his schedule prior to and planned for after the event.

2. Was the trip out of the ordinary in anyway, especially lead time.

3. What proximate events were there: had something startled him to action.

4. Were the unusual communications or intelligence.

5. Who else showed up about that time.

6. What was the opposition time line? Any unusual activity.

I think it was more than opportunistic: Sept. 11 has been a bad day for Islam, like the Siege of Malta and the like.

Now things are better, but I suspect that you will here answers to the questions I raised.
A frivolous suggestion, which does not explain anything. He has been in Benghazi many times on official US business, why would be this time any different? How does it explain that US did not bother (or could not) to save him? How is it relevant that Stevens was a gay, if he was? The author is just having fun at the dead ambassador's expense. I think this is rude and insensitive.
Did you ever wonder why, as so often has been the case, when folks get too close for comfort to a Clinton that they seem to mysteriously expire? Amazing, isn't it?
1 2 3 Next View All