Faster, Please!

What if It’s Not About North Korea?

April 5th, 2013 - 12:13 am

I don’t really follow North Korea (mostly, I try to stay up-to-date on a few countries that begin with the letter “I”), but it seems to me that we are looking at recent events in the wrong context. North Korea is a charter member of the Axis of Evil, and works hand in glove with the other surviving regime of that infamous trinity, Iran. I’ve been writing for years about the intimate relationship between the two, ranging from North Korean assistance in digging tunnels in Iranian mountains and in the Tehran subway system, to Iranian cooperation with North Korean missile and nuclear programs.

Let’s just say that they work together a lot. So when I see the North Koreans jumping up and down and threatening to nuke us, I ask myself what’s in it for the Iranians? And I add the others in the global anti-American alliance. What’s in it for the Chinese? The Russians? The Venezuelans, Bolivians, Ecuadorians and Nicaraguans? Because all these guys coordinate so many of their activities that I can’t understand important events in any one of them without putting those events in the big context. When I see the Russians and the Chinese fighting against anti-Iranian sanctions, I remind myself that they, along with the Latin Americans, are in a banking network with Iran. When the Iranians sit down to negotiate about their nuclear program, I ask myself: what do the Russians want? And so it goes.

To be sure, it’s hard to find anyone this side of James Jesus Angleton who agrees with me, and he’s dead. But still, why do you think the North Koreans are threatening thermonuclear war these days? Yes, they may really be planning to attack us, but if I were the head of an intelligence service I would ask my smartest people to test an hypothesis: what if it’s misdirection? What if there trying to get us to focus on them, when something else is in the works someplace else?

Don’t ask me what the something else is, or the location of the someplace else. I don’t know. It’s only a theory after all. And I agree that the North Koreans may well be crazy enough to attack us. But if this is all part of a strategic operation by the anti-American alliance, then we should carefully go down our list of likely targets, and see what the major terrorists are up to.

I would ask my smartest people to pay special attention to people and communications moving north from Venezuela, where a very important election campaign has just begun to choose the successor to Hugo Chavez. The bus driver who served as his vice president would benefit from some dramatic event inside the United States, and the Russians, Iranians and Chinese are actively working for his victory.

However this all turns out, the basic point is valid and important: I don’t think we can understand the world anymore if we take it country by country. We have to look at bigger pictures.

(Thumbnail on PJM Homepage assembled from multiple Shutterstock.com images.)

Michael, ....what do China, Russia, Iran...and all their little satellite offshoots see, hear and smell when they look at Obama, Biden, Kerry, Hagel, Napolitano and Brennan?

The see incompetence, they hear weakness and they smell fear.

Now, if any of them were to rattle, prattle and threaten battle...it would have worldwide immediate repercussions. But, if they have the pudgy little 20 something do it, they can gauge the reaction. He's a stalking horse.

Not a chance in Haiti or Hades that Dennis Rodman's playmate would jab a thumb in China's eye.

They get a free look at the chessboard, playing against the American team that can't figure out how to move the pieces...or even what they are named. And, frankly...don't have a reflexive instinct to protect America as quickly as they would criticize and slander her. They AGREE with our enemies, more than our patriots.

The axis of evil has changed its center fulcrum. It's now inside the gates.

As an aside, I understand you are coming into town to give a lecture. Would love to see you there. Stay safe, Michael. We need you out there.
Impossible to say what the Norks are up to but ever since this whole thing got started the word "misdirection" has been screaming out loud. There is indeed something else going on and with our current leadership and the degradation of our population I doubt the outcome will be good for the USA. I think our enemies have seen that in a few years we will be oil sufficient and have decided that now is the time to strike us on the economic front. The loss of the dollar as the medium of trade for oil will lead to massive inflation here. Russia stands to gain big time. China I don't know about because they have lent us lots of money and if they can't get it back and can't sell us products because we are too poor what do they gain?
Maybe enforced oil transfers from us to them probably.

I have worried about, in this order, loss of freedom here, massive inflation and Russian aggression more than anything else for the last 10 years.
(in my view) What should really, really concern you...and keep you up at nights is...the maim steam media and those in the executive branch really appear not to "get it"( what Mr Ledeen wrote)...So we are likely to blunder into war...but since the goal is: "nice long lasting war and sell lots of weapons" (c me 1991) Obama is the perfect president!

I believe that China and N Korea play "good cop bad cop"...I think N Korea, Syria, and Iran do in fact have an integrated military industrial complex and military; so Assad going down naturally brings reinforcements from N Korea (and Iran and China and Russia et al)

And we sent all our manufacturing jobs and factories to China..tisk tisk

And you think "they" won't attack the USA? China attacks our infrastructure every day: stealing in cyber space, and positioning themselves to sabotage our networks...and we keep sending them all our factories and jobs...

I really believe China plans (would like) to repopulate the USA with Chinese...

This is a very old story line that began with the rebellion from God of the fallen angels who became demons ,look at the Greek/Rome pantheon of gods and goddesses ,the eastern religion pantheon of gods and goddesses and then came our modern world of their rejection , man standing at the crossroads chose atheism/ agnostism ,the old demon gods were a product of man's imagination they say but what happens with such a delusion this opens the door to the demons to control the atheist/agnostic mind
enter the old 2000 year old text based on older texts:
"3 Then another sign appeared in heaven: an enormous red dragon with seven heads and ten horns and seven crowns on its heads. 4 Its tail swept a third of the stars out of the sky and flung them to the earth. The dragon stood in front of the woman who was about to give birth, so that it might devour her child the moment he was born."
I believe these words were written before Rome destroyed the Temple of God in Jerusalem. The great 7 headed dragon had the power to do this before the Almighty because of the rejection the "child" spoken of in this prophecy.
Why do so many people fail at prophecy?
In 2001 good boy elected by USA people George Bush the son decided to remove Saddam Husein . Muammar Gaddafi was next to be removed but he coughed up his weapons of mass destruction. Now Hosi Mubarak has been removed and Bashar alAssad is being removed. But notice the King of Saudi Arabia and the King of Jordan remain.
God honors kings with their ancestor line and who know perhaps the line for the Jews in Israel can be traced back to King David and his son wise King Solomon?
Of course my point is this rejection of the son of the woman spoked of in the ancient text is not wise with his ancestors traced back to King David and King Solomon
This is why it is good for all of us to be humble reject atheism and pray for faith in the in the True God and I believe the three Abraham faiths are honored by the True God even though there are wackos still with power in all three as of today
2000 years ago ,Rome, became this great 7 headed dragon and these prophecies repeat and going back to the infancy of Israel only the prophet Joseph had the power from prison to predict the dream of the great pharaoh of Egypt .
Why is it the prisoner God uses and the great ones always get the story wrong?
footnote
I like to make the story simple for the modern infected with atheism then comes back to the God of his people with all that atheist/agnostic baggage that makes him interested in social climbing gets his face on CNBC and the like but God still has great mercy on the social climbers as we see with father Jacob protecting his youngest son from his other frisky sons out to do their business on anyone interfere with there social climbing
2nd footnote
the tears father Jacob weep over all his sons must have made Esau happy in his beast strength but the weeping Jacob like the woman who clean the feet of Jesus with her hair and her tears this act recorded for all eternity and the atheist agnostic modern world goes into the dust heap of history and those eager beaver social climbers come back to God but it is still difficult for them to give up their practice if social climbing with their past bags of trouble they bring to the table
Mr. "L" -- I'm going to suprise you a bit!

I have for some time seen Iran as the strategic 'kingpin' of not only the ME but other communist nations who have sought resurgence on the global brokers mat. Take out Iran (and 'the' well) with the full force of U.S. and allied military powers and set up a provincial governing body consisting of Jordan, Turkey and the UAE. We then move on to the asian rim giving NK 24 hours to announce surrender or we simply take them off the map. Think this wouldn't be a different world nearly overnight? I'm pretty certain while Russia and China may sabor rattle, neither of them would seek to start WWIII and would stand down.

Then we could all come home and tell the world, enough is enough --learn how to co-exist in peace with your neighbors or suffer consequences!

And then I awoke from my dream. :)
Or... we're just underestimating the stupidity of a typical "idiot-son".
Hanlon's razor. But then again, we dare not take the chance.

Actually, if Dr. Ledeen is correct, then things are a bit better, because the others may restrain MK a bit. If the USSR had been NK, we would all be dead by now. The reason we survived is the while the Commies were evil, there was a limit to their derangement.
Mr Ledeen makes a valid point about the cooperation between North Korea and Iran regarding nuclear programs being suspicious; what is very, very strange is that this pragmatic cooperation apparently involves a non-Muslim nation as a co-operator of presumed nuclear advancement, hence jointly against America?

Then, we're in for a two-front war, with the need to split our forces between the North Koreans and the Central Asian Iranians...and by Muslim-allied-extension the whole of the Central/West Asian mainland against us Americans.

We need to search long and hard in History to find such a war involving such radically different Allies as the Central Asian Persians and the Confucians and Buddhists and other religious influences of East Asia, merging in North Korea.

Maybe belligerent Muslims will inherently seek strange bedfellows?....the troublesome Muslims being our main enemy....as they themselves keep reminding us. The enemy of my enemy is my friend?

Top this off with our current elected....[emphasis: elected].....leadership, and we're [I keep saying] in a helluva mess.

The problem is that little boy with his toys may accidently overplay his hand, and then we still will have a crisis on our hands whether the other countries are patting him on the back or not. We are forced to take NK somewhat seriously while keeping the other eye on the middle east...just hope the golf game is only 9 holes that day.
Michael Ledeen, yet another rocket surgeon who actually thinks this about anything more complex than Lil' Kim's need for money and loot.
to: jkbrent (most humbly speaking) As the most correct intelligence analyst of the last 34 years I can conclude two things, with reasonable certainty, from your post!

1) jkbrent watches cnn and msnbc and generally speaking has an extremely negative view of fox(y) news...

2)...and jkbrent voted for Obama in both elections!

..."money or loot" is not likely a motive since these "events" cost N Korea more than shipments of "money and loot"...
You may be right; ususally Hanlon's razor is useful. However, I'm not sure we can blow our whole wad betting on it.
Interesting. What's Obama's reaction to those chemical weapons used in Syria a few days ago?
North Korea will shoot itself with a scud. Obama will apologize,surrender,and pony up several hundred billion in reparations. Now go back to your video games.
Why not? We apologized to Turkey for trying to murder our soldiers.
"an hypothesis"--? OMG. Tell me it's just a typo.
Silent 'h'.
We should be less worried about North Korea and their answer to Barack Obama and work on shoring up our alliances. Problem is that our Vacationer in Chief is busy doing just the opposite, when he does anything at all.
1 2 3 Next View All