The Ten Worst U.S. Purveyors of Antisemitism, #7: David Duke

Swindle your loyal fans, then take the show on the road.

P. David Hornik

December 29, 2013 - 11:00 am

PJ-Duke-1

No top ten of American hate would be complete without David Duke, the ex-Louisiana state representative who has made a career out of white supremacism and slandering African Americans, gays, and most of all Jews. The reason I put Duke no higher than number seven on my list is that, despite his fervent efforts, he has been kept—just barely—out of the mainstream. More mainstream, presentable figures—who are not hate-mongers per se—are more effective purveyors of antisemitism.

The Anti-Defamation League has called Duke “perhaps America’s most well-known racist and anti-Semite.” His greatest triumph, if one can call it that, was being elected in 1989 to the Louisiana State Legislature, where he served until 1992. Duke has also run unsuccessfully for governor of Louisiana and for U.S. senator (twice), representative, and even president. His first bid for the Senate and his bid for the governorship, however, won a majority of white Louisiana voters.

Meanwhile Duke has carried on with the show, tirelessly spreading hate through books, articles, his newsletter, his website, and leadership of racist organizations from the Ku Klux Klan in the 1970s to, at present, his European-American Unity and Rights Organization (EURO). More recently Duke has been taking the show on the road, further inflaming Jew-hatred in places—including parts of Eastern Europe and, particularly, the Middle East—where it is already strong. And lately Duke has been starring on Iranian TV.

Years ago I worked for a computer rental place in New Orleans when this guy showed up and tried to rent a computer. I didn't much want to do business with him and fortunately he could not produce a credit card with available funds. He tried the "fame" thing..."you know who I am don't you"? Like that was going to make me more likely to rent to him. I heard, totally anecdotally, and I cannot confirm this, but I did hear it from two local small businesses, that he had left bad checks with them.

He really did seem like just the kind of opportunistic huckster that you might think he was.
Food for thought.

Justice Matthew Cooper who is Jewish, is convinced I am anti-Semitic. But, why would he conduct himself from the bench in such a way that would fuel anti-Semitism? Unless his outburst is an inspection of his own brain for his hatred of Gentile fathers of European decent.

Maybe he knows Jay Lefkowitz who said to The New York Times:

“Deep down, I believe that a little anti-Semitism is a good thing for the Jews – reminds them who they are" (New York Times Magazine, February 12, 1995 p. 65). These comments were made by Jay Lefkowitz, a lawyer, who served as President Bush’s Special Envoy for Human Rights. The fact that the comments originated with a lawyer is uncanny, but even more so because of his background and his status as a Special Envoy for Human Rights in North Korea. What the comments really demonstrate is that a desirable amount of anti-Semitism – Mr. Lefkowitz needs “a little anti-Semitism", not a lot – whenever absent, can and must be induced by provocation to perpetuate the cause for Jewish group stratagem.

Just thinking out loud.

Fanaticism is now mainstream in the legal community, that it is affecting my divorce case:
When a Judge (or the lawyers) loses his or her objectivity, then the truism applies:
Everything is religious, everything is political.

Justice Matthew F. Cooper: Sending me this about "The F--king Jews"
Mr. Santomauro: No, actually, it was the opposite of that. It was "F--k the Arabs" in the essay.
Sandra Schpoont (Attorney for my 11 year old son): Oh, that's better.
Steven Mandel (Attorney for my ex-wife): Oh, that's better.
Justice Matthew F. Cooper: Oh, that's better.

Letter from The Mandel Law Firm (Steven J. Mandel) 12-9-13

Justice Matthew F. Cooper: "Is that [Jewish] agenda to dilute the Aryan race?" On page 20:

+++
The essay in question:
+The Myth of the Innocent Civilian

"Justice Matthew F. Cooper has distorted, invented or misremembered almost every significant claim and phrase. In particular, 'Jewish conspiracy' is completely false, in spirit and in word.

"It is serious and upsetting. Rather than correct a smear, Justice Cooper has attempted, perhaps not surprisingly, to justify one smear with another in the same direction.

"Michael Santomauro promotes the ideal of "scientific journalism" – where the underlaying evidence of all articles is available to the reader precisely in order to avoid these type of distortions. Michael Santomauro treasurse his strong Jewish support just as he treasures the support from pan-Arab democracy activists and others who share the hope for a just world." --I.S.

Peace.
Michael Santomauro
Cell: 917-974-6367
+TWITTER: http://twitter.com/#!/Santomauro

"An anti-Semite condemns people for being Jews, I am not an anti-Semite."--Michael Santomauro.
I'll grant you that Duke is an antisemitic bigot, but putting him on a top ten list of purveyors of antisemitism is like putting Cop Rock on a top ten list of purveyors of bad television.
He probably started out as an "honest racist", so to speak, but quickly discovered what a bunch of fools most racists are. Being more intelligent than the average KKK member (yeah, I know, I know -- sort of like being in better shape than the fat lady in the circus), he figured that he might as well scam them while he was at it.