‘He Will Repay My Enemies For Their Evil. In Your Faithfulness, Put An End to Them.’

Psalm 54:5. Which other prayers and secular words of wisdom have brought comfort after the tragic violence in Boston today?

PJ Lifestyle Daily Question

April 15, 2013 - 3:33 pm

****
image courtesy shutterstock /  Mary_L

Every week day a book excerpt, video, news story or some combination thereof to provoke spirited debate on controversial subjects. Have an idea you'd like to offer up for discussion? Email PJ Lifestyle's editor Dave Swindle: DaveSwindlePJM [@] Gmail.com

Before the news of the bombing came out, I spent part of my lunch hour preparing for the Bible study I lead on Wednesday nights. It's a Matt Chandler video study on the book of Philippians.

Here are my notes from part of this week's session:

"But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body. (Philippians 3:20, 21 NIV)

Why shouldn't we be living with eternity in mind? How do we do that on a daily basis?

Anytime we don't feel well or are hurt, or our bodies don't work right, or we hear about tragedy...these are reminders that this isn't our home."

Funny how just a couple of hours later, I needed that reminder...
"The Lord is close to the brokenhearted, and saves those who are crushed in spirit." Psalm 34:18
Greetings:

"Let loose the Dogs of War."

Psalm 37.
"For the wicked shall be cut off...for the Lord loves justice."

Here are my notes from part of this week's session:

Funny how just a couple of hours later, I needed that reminder...
Excellent post. My sentiments exactly.