Get PJ Media on your Apple

PJM Lifestyle

by
Ronnie Schreiber

Bio

November 5, 2011 - 4:26 pm

Siemens VersiCharge charging station, like the one installed in a home garage that burned in Moorseville, NC.

After a house fire in Mooresville, NC which started in the home’s garage was traced the the area near a charging station for an electric vehicle, WSOC-TV reported that Duke Energy, which installed the Siemens built charging station, has warned customers to not use similar units while the investigation into the fire proceeds. When fire investigators went through the burned out garage, they found a Chevy Volt plugged into the 240 volt station, the second garage fire reportedly involving a Volt. Since it was not the only electrical appliance plugged in that area of the garage, the charging station may not be at fault. The Iredell County Fire Marshal’s office said, “The charging station was in the known area of origin, but the cause of the fire has not been officially determined.”

Continue reading the complete post here.

When he’s not busy doing custom machine embroidery, Ronnie Schreiber edits Cars In Depth and contributes to The Truth About Cars and Left Lane News

Ronnie Schreiber opines about cars at Cars In Depth and other automotive web sites.
Click here to view the 9 legacy comments

Comments are closed.