Ed Driscoll

Fired for Associating with Republicans

January 7th, 2014 - 10:58 am

“For crime of hanging out with a Republican, Democratic state senator fires staffer,” according to this Daily Caller story:

A recent college graduate and aide to Colorado state Senator Irene Aguilar was fired from his job because he visited the office of a friend who worked for a Republican.

Tyler Drum, who graduated from Colorado State University last year, told Campus Reform that his friendship with Republicans made Sen. Aguilar uncomfortable, though she did not formally give a reason for his firing.

“Partisanship runs much deeper than I thought,” he said in an interview with Campus Reform. “I thought this would happen on the Republican side.”

Drum, now unemployed, has lost some of his faith in the Democratic Party.

“Now I’m a disenchanted Democrat,” he said. “This was my first job after graduating, [the Democrats] don’t care about my situation, they don’t care to know who I am.”

As Charles Krauthammer said almost 12 years ago, “To understand the workings of American politics, you have to understand this fundamental law: Conservatives think liberals are stupid. Liberals think conservatives are evil.” Perhaps there’s more to the story than the Daily Caller is reporting, but based on their article, it’s almost as if the left views Republicans as some sort of strange, alien — evil — other, who must not be associated with, lest ideological contamination occur.

Someone should do a blog post rounding up additional examples of this awful turn in American politics. Oh, and note this:

“The Democratic Party is not as tolerant and accepting as I had thought,” he told The DC.

Breaking news from 1861, 1914, 1942, 1963, 2008, and 2009.

If his friend's boss has any sense at all, he'll hire Mr. Tyler immediately and put him to work reaching out to other disillusioned Democrats.
They told me if I voted for Romney we'd see unchecked political retribution in the workplace. And they were right!
Come to the Dark Side, Tyler. We have cookies. And we don't mind if you have Democrat friends.
You'd have to have a heart of stone...
Semperfi hasn't read General dada's book and doesn't want to. Also doesn't think we shipped tons and tons of yellowcake out of Iraq.
Whoops. it's General Sada
“I thought this would happen on the Republican side.”

What a turd. I don't think I would hire him.
"As Charles Krauthammer said almost 12 years ago, 'To understand the workings of American politics, you have to understand this fundamental law: Conservatives think liberals are stupid. Liberals think conservatives are evil.' "

But in fact the opposite is true, Democrats are evil, and Republicans are known as the stupid party because they think that Democrats have good intentions, but are just mis-guided. But the Dens are really just socialists.
Reminds me of my 1950s Catholic days in a small midwestern town. In those times it was a serious sin for us to attend a service in a protestant church without good reason and approval by the parish priest. A good reason was the wedding or funeral of a friend. The priest was lenient in giving a dispensation, but you'd better have gotten it first.

"Religious Indifference" was the name of that particular sin at that time; Political Indifference seems to be today's progressive version of it.

One Trackback to “Fired for Associating with Republicans”