Klavan On The Culture

Sex and German Philosophy

March 20th, 2013 - 7:23 am

Here, via our friends at FrontPage.com, is video of my recent talk about the arts at the Wednesday Morning Club of the David Horowitz Freedom Center:

I watched this speech, and was so impressed I had my family watch it. Afterword, my daughter looked at me and said ... wow that was incredible. Yup, and it was.

"Meat puppet" ... I am so stealing that the phrase.
I've just created a petition at whitehouse.gov asking the government to increase pressure on Iran to release the American Christian pastor Saeed Abedini. Could you please promote this petition so that we can help this tortured American be released?

Andrew - I love you!

I think this is one of the most powerful summaries of the human experience ever created. It actually brought me to tears because it helped articulate things that I have felt for a very long time, but was unable to do so.

Thank you for the work that you do.

Oh, and please continue with Klavan on the Culture, I miss it!
You-Know-Who said it best: "It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing." (Notice that "who," and not "which," describing the Spirit.)

You're so right about how non-religious conservatives are not thinking their world view through to its logical conclusion. A great talk.

You sometimes sounded like a right-wing Woody Allen. ("It's YOUR womb, what the hell is a baby doing in there?") I'm grateful for Andrew Klavan's voice in the world of creative arts- and you're right- it is a battle we are winning. But it goes slowly.

Keep up the good work, bro. You're appreciated by a lot more people than you think you are. I just downloaded Killer in the Wind and am looking forward to it. I just finished Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk and saw it as a perfect example of supernaturally gifted prose going, ultimately, nowhere because of a flawed perspective of reality. What a waste of talent.