Auto Updates Comments
  • Sep 29, 2020 10:46 PM est | Stephen Green

One last thing...

Scott Ott just texted me with this:

Jake Tapper: "That was a Hot Mess Inside a Dumpster Fire Inside a Train Wreck...that was Horrific."

Dana Bash: "That was a shitshow"

"Their actual words," Scott tells me.

And I don't doubt it.

The thing is, and this is what Official Uniparty Washington always forgets, is that Trump has lived and breathed and made millions in shitshows for 40 years.

He's very good at this stuff, and if Biden didn't lose tonight, he also failed to prove that he's any "better" than Trump.

If Biden is pushing for change, all he sold tonight was more shitshow but with higher taxes and ongoing lockdowns.

Winner: Trump.

• Sep 29, 2020 10:42 PM est | Stephen Green
That VIP Gold Live Chat I just mentioned -- the one tomorrow afternoon.

If you want the best freewheeling, no-holds-barred commentary, tune into that at 3:30pm Eastern time on Wednesday right here at PJ Media.

• Sep 29, 2020 10:40 PM est | Stephen Green

Hey, one more plug...

If you're enjoying tonight’s drunkblog, you’ll love the old-school, in-depth features available just to VIP subscribers.  You’ll get extra content — including exclusive podcasts and live video chats — from all your favorite PJ Media writers.

Drunkblog readers enjoy a onetime only, never-before-seen 35% discount by using tonight’s exclusive promo code: BASEMENT. You can sign up here.

Cheers, and I hope to take your questions on my next VIP live chat alongside Stephen Kruiser and Bryan Preston.

• Sep 29, 2020 10:40 PM est | Stephen Green

The quick wrap: Biden didn't collapse, which is probably good enough for him and his campaign.

Exit question: Would Biden have collapsed without having been seriously propped up during the second half of the night?

• Sep 29, 2020 10:39 PM est | Stephen Green

"This is the end of this debate."

Fact check: True!

It's one of the few things Wallace got right tonight.

• Sep 29, 2020 10:38 PM est | Stephen Green

Um...

• Sep 29, 2020 10:36 PM est | Stephen Green
Biden can tell his supporters to "stay calm" all he wants, but they know the subtext is "Take Portland national."
  • Sep 29, 2020 10:35 PM est | Stephen Green

My only serious beef with Trump is that while I love how combative he is, he'd be much more effective at it if he were more focused.

• Sep 29, 2020 10:34 PM est | Stephen Green

Well, I thought we were at closing statements.

Seriously, what the hell is Wallace doing here?

• Sep 29, 2020 10:33 PM est | Stephen Green

Hey, it feels nice to laugh along with your good friends.

• Sep 29, 2020 10:31 PM est | Stephen Green

Closing statements already, and I'm trying to figure out how today's declassified intel about the Obama-Biden White House and Hillary Clinton regarding the Russia Hoax never came up as a question.

I'm kidding, of course. Wallace was never going to bring that up.

• Sep 29, 2020 10:27 PM est | Stephen Green

"The Green New Deal will pay for itself."

Also, Biden says he doesn't support the GND in the same response.

Aw, c'mon, man!

• Sep 29, 2020 10:26 PM est | Stephen Green

From the comments: "I figured Wallace would ask tough questions of both candidates, and, in fairness, he's asked some of Biden, but his performance incredibly unbalanced. Quite disappointed."

I can count two tough questions Biden got, but tons of framing and fact-checking against Trump.

This isn't a loser's lament -- I think Trump is doing fine. But Wallace has gone from "weak" to "propping up his favorite candidate."

One is excusable. The other isn't.

• Sep 29, 2020 10:24 PM est | Stephen Green

Andrew Sullivan just endorsed Biden earlier this week, IIRC.

• Sep 29, 2020 10:23 PM est | Stephen Green

Fact check: The US has met its Paris Accord commitments even after pulling out. Europe has not.

• Sep 29, 2020 10:22 PM est | Stephen Green

I am so done cutting Wallace slack.

• Sep 29, 2020 10:20 PM est | Stephen Green

I was willing to cut Wallace some pretty serious slack for having to deal with two enormous and combative egos tonight.

But his ego is now the issue, and it's taken over the debate.

• Sep 29, 2020 10:18 PM est | Stephen Green

Pardon my language, but this has to be said.

Fuck you, Chris Wallace.

Fuck you for framing the California wildfires on pulling out of the Paris Accords.

Factually wrong and just so dishonest you don't belong anywhere near serious, honest people.

• Sep 29, 2020 10:16 PM est | Stephen Green

"That is simply not true." Biden, denying how Hunter got rich from Burisma and China.

Wallace, where are those fact-checking skills now?

• Sep 29, 2020 10:15 PM est | Stephen Green

Crime is up 15%, Joe? Where? Which cities? Name them.

Comments