Tune in each Thursday to XM Channel #130, POTUS ’08 at 6:00 PM Eastern/3:00 PM Pacific for Pajamas Media’s weekly PJM Political show! (And at 11:00 PM Eastern/8:00 Pacific for a rebroadcast) If you missed this week’s show, click here to listen.
Hosted by Bill Bradley, this between-the-holidays PJM Political is a look back at some of the key presidential elections in our nation’s history:
- In an excerpt from the debut edition of Pajamas Media’s “Deep Background” podcast, Austin Bay interviews City Journal’s Michael Knox Beran on “How Lincoln Saved The World.”
- Amity Shlaes, a senior fellow in economic history at the Council on Foreign Relations and Bloomberg News columnist reminds us of The Forgotten Man of the 1932 and ’36 elections that brought FDR and a New Deal to the White House.
- James Piereson, author of Camelot and the Cultural Revolution explores the twists and turns of the 1960 presidential election between Senator Kennedy and Vice President Nixon.
- Craig Shirley on the rise of Ronald Reagan, focusing on both his abortive ’76 run, and the 1980 election that brought him to power and signaled a turnpoint in both the nation’s economy and the Cold War.
- Details of Pajamas’ iPhone giveaway to win “man’s most perfect creation”.
- Produced by Ed Driscoll.