VodkaPundit

Dude, Where’s My Mandate?

July 18th, 2013 - 8:08 am

Big vote in the House yesterday:

The House voted Wednesday to delay implementation of the individual mandate in the Affordable Care Act until 2015.

Twenty-two Democrats joined almost all Republicans in approving the bill 251-174. Virginia Rep. Morgan Griffith was the sole Republican to oppose the bill.

I’m on Griffith’s side on this one, although I have no idea why he voted like he did.

Rather, the GOP should be passing something to mandate that the President follow his own damn law and enforce the business mandate as, you know, mandated by law. Re-mandate it or something. But this lawlessness has got to stop. The President can’t be allowed to pick and choose which laws, especially ones he campaigned for non-stop, he’s going to enforce.

Is it a bad law? Is it a ruinous law? All the better. Maybe then we can get this abomination stricken from the books.

Mandate the president to obey the law or repeal the damned law.

Republicans always love to prove themselves stupid to give the Democrats cover. Those who voted with them are the most vulnerable in 2014, that's why they voted that way. They also know the stupid thing will not pass the Senate.
If I thought the bill would pass the Senate, and Obama would sign it, I'd oppose it. Because I agree, the American voters should have the law inflicted upon them, in all it's putrid glory.

But since it won't pass, I'm all in favor of sticking the Democrats with more pro-ObamaCare votes, leading up to the 2014 elections. :-)
I'm with you here. Implement the law, on schedule. That will be the best argument for repeal.
If Congress passes a law delaying implementation, it's not the President picking and choosing - anymore.

It's a hilarious "yeah, you sure had a stupid idea there, Tex" at the President and the representatives that passed the law.

I would certainly prefer a repeal to a delay, especially a delay very conveniently timed until after the next election...