The PJ Tatler

J. Christian Adams

August 18, 2014 - 12:03 pm

Huff Post’s Ryan Reilly recently had problems telling the difference between earplugs and rubber bullets. He also has long struggled with telling the difference between fact and fiction.

Reilly was recently arrested covering the mob violence in Ferguson, Missouri. He described the loss of his cell phone and communication devices incident to his arrest as “dehumanizing,” which gives you a sense of his priorities I suppose.

But Reilly’s clownish debut on the national stage isn’t news to anyone who has followed his checkered history as a “reporter.”

Reilly formerly worked for a privately owned website that served as a Department of Justice propaganda site called Main Justice.  James O’Keefe is currently suing Main Justice for publishing outright falsehoods about him. After a stint at Main Justice, Reilly moved to TPM Muckraker, where he continued to serve in the role of government mouthpiece.

Now he is at the Huffington Post.

Ryan Reilly

Ryan Reilly

Among his scalps was a false report at TPM Muckraker that the election integrity organization True the Vote was under federal investigation for voter intimidation by the Justice Department, a claim which proved to be false, and a claim TPM refused to retract.

But Reilly has also published false information about others, including me. I address his falsehoods in my book Injustice: Exposing the Racial Agenda of the Obama Justice Department, a book which explains more about what is happening in Ferguson and Washington, D.C. than any report Reilly has filed so far from the field.

I note in my book Injustice:

Around this time, a left-wing blog published a false story claiming I was “fighting to testify.” To the contrary, I was afraid of the legal bind in which the subpoena had put me. The story was the fruit of an unsavory alliance between the DOJ and various left-wing blogs that became the DOJ’s mouthpiece as the Panther scandal unfolded. The “fighting to testify” story appeared on a little-read blog called Main Justice whose writers, Ryan Reilly and Mary Jacoby, obviously kept in close contact with my critics at the DOJ. Department officials would use the website to relay smears against me, Coates, and other supporters of the Panther case.

I asked for a correction to Reilly’s false story, but it never came. As such, I won’t give any interviews to him until he corrects the record.

This history has relevance to the unfolding saga in Ferguson because Reilly will be quoted and relied upon by others. Those who do should proceed with caution. You’ve been warned.

J. Christian Adams is an election lawyer who served in the Voting Rights Section at the U.S. Department of Justice. His New York Times bestselling book is Injustice: Exposing the Racial Agenda of the Obama Justice Department (Regnery).  His website is www.electionlawcenter.com. Follow him on Twitter @electionlawctr.

Anyone who would wear that tie to a black-tie event already has dehumanized himself.
Not to defend lying left wing idiots but since when do we have to jump to obey every command from a police officer? Militarized police and idiot reporters may be a bad mix but something is wrong with the big picture. I like Mark Steyn's take on all this. All this high tech hardware and no cruiser-cam?

No, ma'am, I believe that is SCOOBY-DOO! And you can see how proud he is to be showing it off.

He'd love to show off his Power Rangers and My Little Pony apparel, but they are both jammies.

Backpfeifengesicht.
When the villains become infantile the end is nigh.
Anyone who could possibly miss the fact that he continued to video rather than pack up as instructed WANTS to see the police (with their 'scary' guns) "harassing the press".

It is a made-up 'event'.

Where do you live? There are 2 rules: 1) do what the cops asks; 2) STFU. Follow these simple edicts and you get to walk away.
Have you ever been in a position to receive a command from a police officer? I have. If the cops are as out-of-control as you say, what outcome would you expect from challenging a cop's authority in a situation he says is dangerous?

When I had a sheriff's deputy's gun pointed at me, I concluded that the rights and wrongs of the confrontation were best left for another time. And not only did I not get arrested, I got back my club with a few words of advice on how to use it most effectively in a fight.
By any chance, is that the bear who flogs TP on his necktie? If so, how incredibly appropriate for what he writes.

Probably as close as he'll ever come to snooping around and solving mysteries (i.e., real reporter-type stuff). It's easier being a mouthpiece with a necktie.
I'm reaching here, but I hope that the tie was a birthday gift from a child or the result of a lost bet.

One Trackback to “‘Dehumanized’ HuffPost Reporter Ryan Reilly’s Struggle with Facts”