The PJ Tatler

Paula Bolyard

August 17, 2014 - 2:49 pm

Missouri Highway Patrol Captain Ron Johnson gave a rousing and heartfelt speech at a rally today at a Ferguson church for Michael Brown, the unarmed 18-year-old man who was shot by police a week ago. In a rally attended by the parents of Brown and a lineup of nationally known civil rights leaders, Johnson, who has become the face of the law enforcement effort in Ferguson, was greeted with a standing ovation by the crowd of approximately 1500 people.

Capt. Johnson began by speaking to Michael Brown’s family. “I want you to know my heart goes out to you and I say that I’m sorry. I wear this uniform and I should stand up here and say that I’m sorry,” Johnson said. The crowd cheered and again gave Johnson a standing ovation.

“This is my neighborhood,” Johnson continued. “You are my family, you are my friends, and I am you.” He vowed to protect the community’s right to protest.

He said his heart was full seeing a church full of people clapping and cheering. “This is what the media needs to put on TV.”

Johnson admitted that the last 24 hours had been tough for him, saying that he had met some members of Michael Brown’s family. “They brought tears to my eyes,” Johnson said. “And shame to my heart,” he added.

He said, however, that his daughter had encouraged him with the story of Peter and Jesus in the New Testament. “When Peter failed, Jesus picked him back up,” his daughter told him.

He promised to stay with the community of Ferguson “as long as it takes.” Capt. Johnson said, “Because when this is over I’m going to go into my son’s room — my black son, who wears his pants sagging, wears his hat cocked to the side, got tattoos on his arms, but that’s my baby.” Johnson paused for another standing ovation.

“And we all ought to be thanking the Browns for Michael,” he continued. “Because Michael’s gonna make it better for all of our sons so they can be better black men. It will be better for our daughters so they can be better black women. Better for me so I can be a better black father. And we know they’re going to make our mamas even better than they are today.”

Johnson encouraged the community to pray and allow the death of Mike Brown to make them better. “I love you, I stand tall with you, and I’ll see you out there,” Johnson concluded.

Watch video on the next page.

Capt. Ron Johnson gives a rabble rousing, racist speech at criminal Michael Brown racist hate fest in Fergusonistan
Why not just name a national holiday after the thieving-ass
Dope? What a pile of crap when some punk holds up a corner
Store for chump change cigars, walks down the middle of the
Street like a retard fool, resists arrest and probably assaulted a cop.
The world's better without that idiot who victimized a little shop owner just trying
To feed his family and better himself unlike brown. So the
Dead clown's some kinda hero? B fukkin' S !
The worlds gone berserk!
I know that church wouldn't be the place to bring this up so okay. But... the elephant in the room is that we have ANOTHER black teenage hoodlum who's made out to be a hero while being shot committing a felony (after his previous felony). Yes, it's a felony crime to assault a police officer and try to take his gun away. Captain Johnson, why are you ashamed? How is Michael Brown's criminality going to make it better for anyone?
In responce to mr sinz54,

# 3 in less than a heart beat.

The only crimes I have heared about are by Mr.Brown. Both crimes involve phyical violence.

The poor teenage "VICTEM" stood at 6'5" 290lbs 18 year old. If you are old enough to attack people smaller than you are then you are not a sweet child.

This has nothing to do with military it is civilain matter. And yes I would still step in to stop a crime in progress if I was able to. This is the matter with all of us these day's, no one wants to step up and put the lawless in it's place because it's not my problem. YES IT IS ALL OF OUR PROBLEM..
More 'hug a thug' crap.
Most articles and broadcasts, including the increasingly leftist Fox news continue to describe Brown as an "unarmed teenager". If I saw a 6' 4" 290 pound guy (black, white, yellow, or green) coming at me I wouldn't be too impressed that he was "unarmed".

Whatever you think of Johnson's speech, it illustrates the clear benefits of having police officers come from the community they are policing. A lot of that got taken away in the name of efficiency - and the truth is, it isn't.

Now, if Capt. Johnson was *in charge* of that local police, either his speech here would have to be very different, or he'd be facing different questions about the state of security in town.
"In a rally attended by the parents of Brown and a lineup of nationally known civil rights leaders,"

Ummm.... NO.

"In a rally attended by the parents of Brown and a lineup of nationally known race-bating poverty pimps who are doing more damage to black people than the KKK ever did"

There, IFIFY.

A tearful black cop (aka convenient Democratic political symbol) defending a "community's" right to "protest". This is enough to make any reasoned person puke. Protesting is looting while black.
There used to be a word for these people but it has been banned by the community-organizing Left.
Capt. Johnson seems to be a fan of apologies. Perhaps Brown's parents should say "I'm sorry" to the store owner he assaulted?
commenter sinz54 wrote below: "Let me ask those here who have served in the military: If you saw one of your fellow soldiers committing a war crime (sexually abusing a female civilian, for example), what would you do?".

1. This is a silly comparison as Capt. Johnson didn't see any part of the Brown shooting incident. He is also not involved in any official capacity in the shooting investigation.

2. You asked for a response from those with the benefit of military experience. My response is that police should use overwhelming lawful force to oppose unlawful force with the objective of re-establishing law and order.
Now, now. Remember your Narrative. Brown is a martyr - a victim of Racism. Racism is responsible for his life circumstances, his life choices, his crimes (if any), and his death. Just another poor, innocent baby child killed by Racism. The details are irrelevant.
Evidently the prevailing view of folks here is that Ron Johnson should have stood with the officer rather than trying to see things from the community's perspective.

Well, that's how cops have gotten away with corruption and abusing the citizenry for years, and that's how soldiers have gotten away with war crimes: Their fellows circle the wagons around them, protect them, and lie for them, rather than seeing to it that they face justice.

Let me ask those here who have served in the military:

1. Look the other way.
2. Lie about it to protect your fellow soldier.
3. Report it to the authorities so that he can be court-martialed.
# 3 in less than a heart beat.

"Johnson isn't supposed to automatically stand with the officer whether he's right or wrong. "

That's true, and "conservatives" who automatically stand with the police whether they are right or wrong are aiding and abetting Karl Marx in the destruction of our liberty.

On the other hand, Johnson isn't supposed to automatically stand with the looters whether they are right or wrong, either.

Maybe he could have just skipped the racism and appealed for law and order while an impartial investigation determines what really happened? Maybe he could have rebuked looting, and all who defend it, and pointed out the damage it does to the black American's image?

I'll tell you what I wouldn't do.

1. Give a race-baiting speech.
2. Show up to any event being attended by Al Sharpton.
1 2 3 Next View All