The PJ Tatler

Scott Ott

July 12, 2014 - 5:38 am

As I read this New York Times story – ‘Fertility Clinics Scan for the Strongest Embryo — about chromosomal testing of in-vitro fertilization embryos, I kept waiting for the counterpoint to the idea that scientists could help create a purer race.

Finally, the opposition arose:

I’m sorry, the actual sentence said “good embryos might be thrown out.”

I don’t know how I made that mistake.

In any case, embryos get “thrown out” whether the test is administered or not.

Don’t let your mind drift as you read the story about the science of producing better offspring by weeding out the bad conceptus.

Try to think about all that great people we’ll create, and the time and money we’ll save by not having so many defectives among us. After all, shouldn’t people have the right to create the kind of offspring they wish when they’re spending so much money to do so? You can customize your car or your computer — why not your little Cassie or Kyle?

Scott Ott co-hosts a news, commentary and humor show called Trifecta on PJTV. He created and hosted the 20-part series on the Constitution titled Freedom's Charter. His satire site, ScrappleFace, spawned three books and praise from Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck, Mark Levin and many others.

Don't try to play God. Most of you can not even type. You can not manage DNA. Leave things to Him. We will all be the better for it.
It never left, really. The word was considered taboo, and they've changed what they consider "ideal" (that now means an Ivy League degree), but they never gave up.
"Still, critics say, if the test is at all inaccurate, some good people might be thrown out or defective ones chosen.

I’m sorry, the actual sentence said “good embryos might be thrown out.”

I don’t know how I made that mistake."

I think it's either because you are a fundamentally dishonest person, or you have a faith contrary to mine. And really, I lean on it's being the first--or on your being abysmally ignorant about human reproduction. A good half of all human embryos ever created are lost through natural processes, I don't see you shedding a tear for them.

And the fundamental problem with "Eugenics"--capital E--wasn't that people were trying to have the kids they want, it's that it was a government program. The only way to avoid "eugenics"--lower case e--is to force people to mate with only others whose names are drawn out of a hat, randomly.

Anything else is just another way of complaining about how terrible it is modern technology lets us fix harelips and correct vision.
Looks like the old Eugenics of the past is coming back in a new improved model.
I am a better speechwriter than the speechwriters, I am a better diplomat than the diplomats, I am a better economist than the economists and therefore I am a better embryo than all other embryos.

I have declared that my cloned embryo should be the sole and only embryo fertilized and allowed past the abortifascists..., I mean abortifacients.

No religious objections to the master race of me will be allowed. Five men who aren't me should not be allowed to determine ...well, anything, frankly. I will stack the Courts with me. And all news outlets will be staffed completely with me.

I am the Country and the Country is me.

I am my own grandpa. My Country Tis Of Me is the national anthem.

Wait...how is any of this different from the Democratic Party now?

Oh, yeah...women. I guess I'll have to wear mom jeans and throw like a girl.
Hitler and Eichman are loving this turn of events.

Coming to a 7-11 near you.
The folks in the ghettos; White, Black and other, will continue to make kids in cars and in the woods, and those kids will not be the mutant freaks of the rich and famous. I'm looking forward to seeing the diseases and problems of the designer kids of Wall Street and Hollywood.
And if/whenever scientists identify a conclusive embryonic genetic marker for homosexuality, we're going to see some pretty quick about-facing from the proggies about "choice" and abortion.
Don't underestimate their ability to square circles, at least within their own heads. They would soon be bleating "Sex selection good! Gender selection bad!"

(After all, you mustn't judge Asians for wanting boys over girls! And if Muslims decide to abort teh gheys, well then, "SHUT UP YOU BIGOTS!!1!!!eleventy!!!!)
You really shouldn't drink when you're on the internet.
'cept the boys want to be girls all the time. Perhaps that takes care of it.....XD.........

One Trackback to “Some Good People Might Be Thrown Out, or Defective Ones Chosen”