Get PJ Media on your Apple

The PJ Tatler

by
Rick Moran

Bio

March 22, 2014 - 1:29 pm
Page 1 of 2  Next ->   View as Single Page

It’s getting so that no self-respecting racial agitator can get away with anything these days.

Leastwise at Grand Valley State University in Michigan, where a whiteboard on a dorm-room door featured some rather crude racist comments that so upset everyone they were probably about to announce that sensitivity training would be undertaken by the entire student body.

They needn’t have worried. The offensive language on the whiteboard was placed there by the resident of the dorm room. But until they discovered the hoax, there was much hand-wringing, assurances that racism didn’t exist at the school, and promises to do better.

MLive reported the original story:

Students who live in the residence hall said they were surprised by the incident, saying signs of racial tension haven’t been present in the past.

One resident, Andrew Seawood, a freshman from Stevensville, said the slurs were upsetting because the residents of Copeland typically get along with one another.

“It was a little surprising when they did say something was written,” he said. “Everybody gets along with everybody.”

Others were angry.

Mattie Johnson, a sophomore from Southfield, said she was “appalled” that such intolerance exists in 2014.

“We’re a multi-racial community, and we shouldn’t treat each other like that,” Johnson said. “We’re all Lakers, we should all get along.” …

In addition to the drawing of a person being hanged, the slurs also included hateful remarks written about Black History Month.

Is it really “hateful” to write “F**k Black History Month”? It’s crude. It’s anatomically impossible. But given that the “F” word has lost all shock value whatsoever due to overuse, I question whether “hateful” was the proper descriptive.

Donzelle Collins, a sophomore from Detroit, said the incident suggests the university still has ground to cover in building an inclusive campus.

He and others said black and minority students still make up a relatively small portion of the university’s overall student body. In fall 2012, 5 percent of GVSU students were black, according to federal data.

“It wasn’t a surprise, considering the area we’re in,” Collins said.

An emergency meeting was hosted Monday by the university’s chapter of the NAACP to discuss the incident. On Wednesday, students on campus said there was a strong turnout at the meeting.

Note the racialists rushing to take advantage of the publicity. An “emergency” meeting? Where’s the fire? One stupid sign on one dorm-room door and the college twists itself into a pretzel trying to prove how “inclusive” they are. Truly pathetic.

All Comments   (9)
All Comments   (9)
Sort: Newest Oldest Top Rated
"now discovered to be a fraudster who apparently wanted attention or was bored and wanted to stir the racial pot a little."

Or, maybe, he wasn't making any profound political statement or trying to achieve anything at all. He's just a reasonable person who is fed up with the whole stupid thing and blowing off steam about it!

He's in big trouble if that's the case. If the school finds out a black student doesn't like Black History Month, he'll be in for some serious reeducation.

22 weeks ago
22 weeks ago Link To Comment
Why was a black student using a white board?
22 weeks ago
22 weeks ago Link To Comment
One of the problems caused by this hoaxing, is that outside the campus fairyland, real incidents do occur, and of course now people will discount them. Anti-Semitic incidents do happen, and the community does not always jump and scream when they do.
22 weeks ago
22 weeks ago Link To Comment
Leftists will use any excuse to create a racial crisis. When I was in college in the 80's, a "racial incident" occurred at the dining hall in which a student took a salt shaker from a table where a group of black students were sitting, one of whom happened to be the head of the black student association. In response, this black student leader flipped out, threw the food and trays on the floor, and started ranting about racism and disrespect of "students of color." An emergency "racism teach-in" was held that evening. During that meeting, as described by the student newspaper, a white girl was driven to tears, and it was decided that all students were to undergo mandatory "diversity training". It turned out that the one who took the salt shaker was a foreign student from China, who did not want to raise his voice to get their attention, and figured that he could borrow the salt shaker which was not being used by the table at the time. This incident had nothing to do with white students or racism, but ended up defining the student body of the college as racist and in need of diversity re-education.
22 weeks ago
22 weeks ago Link To Comment
Trainwreck, I can't imagine what country that Foreign Exchange Student thought he wound up in by mistake...this surly can't be the USA!!
22 weeks ago
22 weeks ago Link To Comment
This reminds me of the book review David Goldman linked to on PJMedia recently. This story is a great example of the secular-religion going on a witch hunt. They were spooked by the spirit of intolerance and immediately set about preparing the incantations of the NAACP to ward off the evil.

http://pjmedia.com/lifestyle/2014/03/19/analyzing-americas-post-protestant-secular-religion/
23 weeks ago
23 weeks ago Link To Comment
If I was a student there I'd have set off one of those things like when a sub dives that goes "Aaaoooooga, aaaoooooga," and then announced on a bull horn the 82nd airborne was being deployed and should be falling from the skies any moment so please go inside and hide under a bed. Seeing that level of moronry, I bet a lot of them would've cried out "Thank God!" and complied.
23 weeks ago
23 weeks ago Link To Comment
No racial crisis? Make one.
23 weeks ago
23 weeks ago Link To Comment
Lets just save some time here. 186 comments before "comments closed" [http://americanthinker.com/blog/2014/03/yet_another_hate_crime_hoax.html]
23 weeks ago
23 weeks ago Link To Comment
View All