The PJ Tatler

Bryan Preston

January 23, 2014 - 1:57 pm

Earlier this afternoon, James O’Keefe’s Project Veritas released a video showing Battleground Texas activists mocking him and condoning voter fraud. In the video, an attorney and voter registrar for the group, which is supporting Democrat Wendy Davis’ run for governor of Texas, is seen making a joke about the fact that Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott is confined to a wheelchair. Abbott is the presumed Republican nominee for governor.

Today, the Abbott campaign released a statement on the video.

AUSTIN – Attorney General and gubernatorial candidate Greg Abbott today released the following statement regarding the release of Project Veritas’ video featuring Battleground Texas and Sen. Wendy Davis’ campaign:

“The content of the video denigrating the disabled is unworthy of our great state. Despite the distraction, I will continue my efforts to help all Texans rise in life and achieve their dreams. I will be a Governor who fights for all Texans – for children, small business owners, families, and entrepreneurs – a Texas that includes all.

“That’s exactly what I have been doing – while in a wheelchair. I’ve fought for more and better jobs, I’ve defended Texas and taxpayers from an overreaching federal government, I’ve protected children from predators to keep our communities safe, and I’ve successfully argued before the U.S. Supreme Court to defend Texas values.

“It’s that demonstrated ability and character that motivated Texans to elect me to statewide office five times. My service is a reminder of what Texans can achieve, regardless of their circumstances. Texans know that I will continue to fight for the greatness of Texas.”

Abbott was injured in an accident at age 26 that left him partially paralyzed.

You can view the shocking video here.

Thus far, neither Battleground Texas nor Wendy Davis has reacted publicly to the video.

Update: Wendy Davis is reacting to the video of her supporters mocking AG Abbott.

Davis hit her level of incompetence when she gave birth to her first child.
Wendy Davis 1/22 - Gregg Abbott doesn't understand struggle.
Wendy Davis 1/23 - Gregg Abbott persevered through great personal challenge.

Hey Wendy, a good surgeon can fix that cleft tongue for you.
Ah, civility. Democrats need not apply.
Two fatally flawed individuals: Wendy Davis AND Hillary Clinton.
The MSM Progressive New Left Activists who command all media across these fruited plains are now in "full campaign circle-the-wagons" mode for their agenda, political philosophy and exercising of these (collectivist) tenets, to wit:
Wendy Davis, sweetheart candidate for Texas gubernatorial run has at best, a checkered past as does her "fellow traveler" Hillary Rodham Clinton (of Whitewater,Rose Law Firm and Vincent Foster fame another MSM cover-up).
Let's focus on Wendy Davis. MSM (Pravda) would have We The People believe she is "the new anointed one!"
Wendy Davis’s Restraining order has more than 35 items issued by a Federal Judge on 11/26/2003 Docket No. 32435976503. Of importance is Item #34 “ Using illegal drugs or consuming alcohol within the 24 hours before or during the period of possession or access to the child.” scribd.com - Wendy Davis temporary restraining order.
One has to read the facts to understand the issue...and the issue is? YEP! Honesty, Integrity and Judeo-Christian upbringing...all of which both Wendy Davis and Hillary Clinton lack in spades. Wake-up America! This Joseph Goebbels show of how to polish tarnished images for public consumption is as old as Obama's run for Elective Presidential Office. Fool We The People once, shame on us, Fool We The People twice, shame on you! God Bless America, she deserves better. Join a Tea Party, urgently. Pray. Amen.
Unfortunately, Davis' prior remarks belie the sincerity of her comments about the language used in the video. Also, I am unsure if she even understands the meaning of abhorrent.
Well there is a variation of the word 'hor' in there, maybe she just got a trifle confused.
Yeah,... let's go with that one...
Wow. Democrats don't like Republicans, even when they're in wheelchairs. I'm shocked. Shocked! That there is childish mocking going on in Democrat PACs.

Whatever.

What I'm more concerned about is the voting fraud instruction. You know, something that might actually make a difference.
Why oh why does the Dem Party hate all disabled people? Must be a war on them. Why? Obama needs to apologize and perhaps resign.

Plus they're racists. And they don't like kids.
I wonder how democRats would treat FDR today.
They would most likely worship him the same way. Anybody who tries to pack the courts in favor of leftism, sets up giant new programs, grows the government by leaps and bounds, etc. is probably going to be okay in their book. JFK and MLK, on the other hand, would be crucified. Cut taxes? Muscular defense? Not use race as a club to beat the other side? Content of character? SHOOT HIM!!!!1!
So...Republicans should riot!! What difference would it make?

/sarc...I guess
"Gasp! Hahaha! Shock! I can't believe my supporters, hahaha, said that about Abbott! Gasp! Hahaha! Shock! Giggle!"--Wendy Davis's late response to her supporters' mockery of Abbott.
The Davis video is awful, but I wish that Abbott's official reaction wasn't written in such bland, clichéd, PR-speak. John Kerry talks that way. GOP politicians shouldn't. I read it, and I came away with the feeling that some marketing intern drafted the text, it was approved by a campaign manager, and Abbott never even saw it. Don't get me wrong -- I want Abbott to win, and win big, but who the hell is advising him to use blah-blah-blah PR-speak to respond to something so venal?
No, the correct strategy is for Abbott to stay 'above the fray' and for the rest of us to scream "Wendy Davis Hates the Disabled" as loud as we can.
The Wendy Davis Militia A-Bomb! Wow - that puppy fell right back into the bunker. Kim Il Joon would be proud - go sister! Keep it up.
The most important ability of a Democrat is to be so crooked, you could swallow a nail and excrete a corkscrew.
1 2 3 Next View All