The PJ Tatler

Bryan Preston

December 7, 2013 - 11:18 am

Rep. Bill Flores (R-TX) signed up for Obamacare today. It didn’t go well. Rep. Flores has posted a series of messages on Facebook describing rounds of errors, phone calls to technical support, and other frustrations while dealing with President Obama’s signature policy and the multi-million dollar web site built to impose it.

In his first message on the subject today, Flores writes: “Just finished trying to enroll in #Obamacare using @DCHealthLink (the Obamacare website for Members of Congress). It was an AWFUL experience–hours of time, dozens of errors (printed dozens of pages of error messages–will post soon), at this point I am still not sure I have coverage, I had to install new browser because they don’t like Microsoft Internet Explorer or Firefox (still got crash errors!), my total phone time on hold in excess of 4 hours, and total time online was in excess of 8 hours. Wait until I tell what you have to go through just to change your password–only bureaucrats could have designed something so awful that it is laughable!

“Why does #POTUS think this is good for America?!!” Flores asks rhetorically.

“POTUS recently said that he was not incompetent, but that government is incompetent, so why make America subject to bureaucrats?”

A few minutes later, Rep. Flores, a second-term congressman who spent his private sector career as an executive in the energy industry, posted another note. This one dealt with the financial impact of the Affordable Care Act.

“Under my new #Obamacare coverage (if I really have it), my premiums are substantially higher (over 50% higher) and my deductibles and out of pocket limits are over 30% higher! This only good thing is that out of the 112 plans available, I was able to get one of the 9 plans that does not cover killing unborn children.”

In his next missive, Flores highlighted Healthcare.gov’s cryptic error messages.

“My favorite @DCHealthLink #Obamacare message:
“Error 500–Internal Server Error

“From RFC 2068 Hypertext Transfer Protocol — HTTP/1.1:

“10.5.1 500 Internal Server Error

“The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request.”

The Brazos Valley congressman, who unseated longtime Democrat Rep. Chet Edwards during the 2010 wave that brought GOP control of the U.S. House of Representatives, adds that he still doesn’t even know if he really has health insurance after spending so many hours battling with Healthcare.gov.

Here in NV I have been subjected to Harry Reid's darling "Nevada HealthLink" & each time I call, (whenever their phone system is actually working) I am automatically put on hold & have to wait for 50 minutes before a human being answers. For EVERY entry, i.e. date of birth, the system stops & says "loading", so you have a delay after filling in each field. There is a check box (labeled "compare") next to each plan BUT when you check 2 plans to compare, it "loads" this request & then bounces you back to the page with the plans list & the compare check boxes unchecked. When I got a human being on the phone I asked about this & she said they know the "compare feature" is not working. I asked if there was either some place else on the website I could go to get the details on the various plans & she said "no, you will have to call the insurance company to get the details". The premium was listed along with some very minimal details, deductibles, Sliding scale of $15 to $250 for RX's, (seems like a big range to me) & a couple of other But NO list of Doctors & NO links to the respective insurance companies. Hubby said, "You have to buy it to find out what's in it"...this would be funny if it weren't so tragic. I got tired of dealing with this after 4 hours & signed out, after "blindly" selecting a plan. I signed in the next day to get the name of the plan I selected, it was gone. It still showed the premium amount we owe, but not the name of the plan, so HOW do I call the insurance company & ask what's covered? At this point, we have concluded that the best plan for us is the cheapest piece of sh!t money can buy & we will pay our preferred Doctors cash. I have already started calling them to find out what their cash discounts are & they are reasonable, so we will just revert to the way my parents did things in the 50's. I used to prefer a nice high end PPO, but since I can't change the law, I am changing what I can...the way I do business with Doctor's. Since Obamacare is a tax (according to Chief Justice John Roberts ), we will pay the least amount we can get away with, (an uber cheap crappy HMO) & just not use it.
I don't know that POTUS gives an airborne fornication about whether his boondoggle is good for America or not. What he likely DOES give an airborne fornication about HIS name on the bill, HIS legacy, HIS ego, HIS, HIS, HIS, etc.
We ought to dimantle this government, brick by brick, down to the dirt, scatter its employees, appointed and elected officials to the four winds; first branding them on the ass with a capital T for tyrant.
Those functions we cannot do without will rise up with alacrity and show us what we must have. We could start with the modest plan we began the American experiment with.
and because he is in Texas and a republican, liberals and loons will ignore this documented process and failure to have a system work
Obama Refuses to Rule Out Jail Time for People Who Dont Buy Health Insurance

The people who laid this egg are the same ones who are always saying that we need paid federal employees to help people sign up for welfare benefits because it's too complicated for them to figure out on their own...

And that voter ID laws are racist because it's too much of a burden to show ID at voting booths...

And that we shouldn't let workers be able to decide what to do with their own retirement investments because people lack the necessary expertise...

... But somehow this law, which NO ONE understands, is now mandatory for all Americans.

An Ass masquerading as a President once found a Doctor’s white lab coat
which had been left out in the sun to dry. He put it on and spoke to his
countrymen. All bowed, both men and women, and he was a proud Ass that
day. In his delight he lifted up his voice and brayed treatments and
prescriptions and timetables and qualifications randomly and incoherently and unleashed mindless and ravenous bureaucrat zombies upon the land to look for trouble, find it everywhere, diagnose everything incorrectly and then in a very grouchy manner force Doctors to misapply the wrong remedies, and then everyone knew him for the Ass he really was. So the question becomes: has America devolved too much from a nation of Lions and Foxes into a nation of Mice and Sheep, in which case it's too late ?

And as Baroness Emmuska Orczy's Marguerite lamented: "I see now what begins as a dream can end as a nightmare. Some causes can become warped and twisted, like some men".
That's my recommendation: we have Tricare (the completely cr@ppy insurance that the military has been stuck with for a very long time); most doctors don't accept it so it just allows us to check the box to avoid the tax, and we self-pay for all of our small expenses. Large bills are somewhat covered (80% for ACL surgery) so there's that..
The only thing you didn't mention was: sow salt, like the Romans did after they turned Carthage into a pile of gravel.