The PJ Tatler

Bridget Johnson

December 6, 2013 - 7:34 am

Asked by MSNBC’s Chris Matthews in an interviewed aired last night about whether Vice President Joe Biden or former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton would make a better president, President Obama said “not a chance am I going there.”

Then he did.

“Both Hillary and Joe would make outstanding presidents and possess the qualities that are needed to be outstanding presidents,” Obama said. “They — and I think Joe Biden will go down in history as one of the
best vice presidents ever. And he has been with me at my side in every tough decision that I have made, from going after bin Laden, to dealing with the health care issues, to — you name it, he’s been there.”

Biden has been in Asia this week on a swing through Japan, China and South Korea.

“Hillary, I think, will go down in history as one of the finest secretaries of State we have ever had, and helped to transition us away from a deep hole that we were in when I first came into office, around the world, and to rebuild confidence and trust in the United States,” Obama continued.

“And they’ve got — they’ve got different strengths, but both of them would be outstanding.”

He then continued about “the most important qualities of any president.”

“I’m not necessarily saying I have these qualities because I’m speaking historically — I think has to do with more than anything a sense of connection with the American people. That’s what allows you then to have that second quality, which is persistence,” Obama said.

“If you know who you’re working on behalf of, if you remember as Lincoln did or an FDR did or Truman did or a Kennedy did. If you remember that person that you met who was down on their luck but was a good character and was trying to figure out how they are going to support a family. If you remember that young child who has big dreams but, you know, doesn’t yet know how they’re going to get to college — if you feel those folks in your gut every single day, that will get you through the setbacks and the difficulties and the frustrations and the criticisms that are inherent in the office,” he continued.

“And I think, you know, the interesting thing about now having been president for five years is it makes me humbler as opposed to cockier about what you as an individual can do. You recognize that you’re just part of a sweep of history. And your job really is to push the boulder up the hill a little bit before somebody else pushes it up a little further and the task never stops at perfecting our union.”

Obama characterized the American people as “good” and “decent.”

“And yes, sometimes we get very divided partly because our politics, and our media specifically tries to divide them and splinter them,” he said. “But, you know, we’ve got so much stuff going for us that as long as any president stays close to the people, I think they’re going to do all right.”

Bridget Johnson is a career journalist whose news articles and opinion columns have run in dozens of news outlets across the globe. Bridget first came to Washington to be online editor at The Hill, where she wrote The World from The Hill column on foreign policy. Previously she was an opinion writer and editorial board member at the Rocky Mountain News and nation/world news columnist at the Los Angeles Daily News. She has contributed to USA Today, The Wall Street Journal, National Review Online, Politico and more, and has myriad television and radio credits as a commentator. Bridget is Washington Editor for PJ Media.

"And he has been with me at my side in every tough decision that I have made, from going after bin Laden, to dealing with the health care issues, to — you name it, he’s been there.”

Only a gross incompetent would have found going after bin Laden a tough decision.
Obama: Being President ‘Makes Me Humbler as Opposed to Cockier’ - "But I'm still full of sh!t."

- there, fixed the quote
Lol, the most "unconnected" president in history saying he's "connected" with the American people - he opens his mouth and out spews BS. Just the line stating that Joe Biden is "one of the best vice presidents in history" marks Obama indelibly. Pray for our country.
My neighbor's aunt makes $72/hour on the laptop. She has been without a job for eight m onths but last month her pay was $18944 just working on the laptop for a few hours. website link>>>>>>>>>>>
www.jobs37.com
up to I saw the receipt which was of $9841, I be certain that...my... best friend actually making money part time from their computer.. there friend brother haz done this for under twenty two months and resently paid the mortgage on their villa and purchased themselves a Mini Cooper. you can try this out......>>>>>WWW.JOBS59.COM
I guess that he should be humble. He is proving to be the absolute worst president in the history of the nation. He has redeemed Carter, Tyler, Grant, Harding, and Wilson. All of them began obama's tenure of office ranked at the bottom or near bottom of the list of all of our chief executives. obama with his dishonesty, laziness, arrogance, incompetence, and sheer stupidity, has eclipsed them all. He has left them in the dust and will leave a legacy of tragedy which will last into the next century, provided the nation can recover enough to survive that long.
my friend's half-sister makes $72 an hour on the internet. She has been laid off for six months but last month her pay check was $15553 just working on the internet for a few hours. link>>>>>>>>> www.jobs35.com
In an attempt to be more than Obama is or ever could be, those who surround him must be praised. And while he praises their inability, he preens. A common liar, a
do-nothing usurper of an office beyond his ability, making equally useless cohorts
into paragons is his way of making himself appear generous. And it makes the electorate similarly incompetent. What fools we mortals be !!
My last pay check was 9500 dolr working 12 hours a week online. My sisters friend has been averaging 15k for months now and she works about 20 hours a week. I can't believe how easy it was once I tried it out. .......:> http://www.jobs60.com
my friend's half-sister makes $72 an hour on the internet. She has been laid off for six months but last month her pay check was $15553 just working on the internet for a few hours. link>>>>>>>>>>>>> www.jobs35.com
My last pay check was $9500 working 12 hours a week online. My sisters friend has been averaging 15k for months now and she works about 20 hours a week. I can't believe how easy it was once I tried it out. This is what I do,,,,,,, http://www.jobs35.com
my friend's ex-wife makes $64/hour on the internet. She has been laid off for 6 months but last month her paycheck was $15398 just working on the internet for a few hours. you could try this out http://goo.gl/SrYNin
Is the picture of Obama that features with the title of the article deliberate?

Hoilds himself exactly like Benito Mussolini in his days of glory. Anyone out there remember Benito?
I'm too young to remember, but I've seen the picture. I prefer his last photograph - hanging upside down riddled with bullet holes.
1 2 3 4 Next View All

2 Trackbacks to “Obama: Being President ‘Makes Me Humbler as Opposed to Cockier’”