The PJ Tatler

Bryan Preston

August 1, 2013 - 7:25 pm

Coming soon to an American court room near you.

Wealthy gay dad, Barrie Drewitt-Barlow, says he and his civil partner Tony will go to court to force churches to host gay weddings.

He told the Essex Chronicle that he will take legal action because “I am still not getting what I want”.

A Government Bill legalising gay marriage passed Parliament recently but it included measures to protect churches from being forced to perform same-sex weddings.

Mr Drewitt-Barlow said: “The only way forward for us now is to make a challenge in the courts against the church.

“It is a shame that we are forced to take Christians into a court to get them to recognise us.”

He added: “It upsets me because I want it so much – a big lavish ceremony, the whole works, I just don’t think it is going to happen straight away.

“As much as people are saying this is a good thing I am still not getting what I want.”

Notice the phrase that he uses — “I am still not getting what I want.”

So I’ll force the whole world to bend to my will. In the name of tolerance.

The only things standing in his way are tradition and faith, and our culture doesn’t have any respect for either anymore.

Hell C of E, after all. Funny how this particular church was created because one man wasn't "getting what I want". Heh.
Come on, Barrie. If you really want to be cutting edge, you should sue a mosque for not hosting your nuptials.
Amusing how tolerant the tolerance crowd turns out to be once they have ridden that horse to power.
my roomate's sister makes $77 hourly on the internet. She has been without a job for five months but last month her pay check was $13591 just working on the internet for a few hours. Here's the site to read more.... WWW.CNN13.COM
I notice that cfbleachers and the pro-gay marriage "conservative" crowd is nowhere to be found on this thread.

They still have some vestige of shame it would seem, as they were told that this was the next step in the homosexual/Marxist agenda. They supported this, as they are much too intelligent and clued in otherwise when it comes to Marxism.

When is the golden calf due on stage?
I wonder why they aren't suing a mosque. Well, not really. On the other hand if the Christians can be forced to do this, can't the mosques be forced to do this?
How about the Orthodox Jews?
Better yet, maybe they should hold their reception in front of a mosque in East Londonistan, right in the middle of a Muslim ghetto. But I don't think they'd like the sort of tolerance that the local immigrants would have in store for them.
My point is that this is specifically targeted against Christendom.
How about we re-institute Freedom of Association? Abandoning that was a huge mistake.
As a famous Englisman said, "You can't always get what you want."
They should come to their coreligionist church in America, the Episcopal. They could marry each other plus a couple of gerbils and a dog, or whatever it is they want.
This is why I was so dismayed by the BSA decision. In that case, there WILL be homosexual propaganda, there will be homosexual leaders, there will be the complete leftist/pagan/homosexual agenda imposed.
"tradition and faith" aka freedom
“I am still not getting what I want”

What exactly he 'wants' is revealed when he states, “It is a shame that we are forced to take Christians into a court to get them to recognize us.”

Another word for 'recognition' is acceptance. That is what homosexuals crave, not marriage, which is just a vehicle to compel acceptance.

That he is willing to 'force' Christians or anyone unaccepting of homosexuality, to recognize and thus accept homosexuality, reveals all we need to know.
Right now the message is unrefined for the masses.

England is weak in tradition and religious freedom along with the most of the rest of the European continent. As was predicted legalizing same-gender marriage was just the first step to destroy Christianity. The Church of England is doomed. The Queen of England supports same-gender marriage which means she can make Barrie Drewitt-Barlow's desire for a religious wedding a possibility.

80 million members of the Anglican Communion will most likely experience religiously sanctioned same-gender marriage. That is a huge victory for same-gender marriage supporters. After England, Germany is next for Lutheranism, then the rest of Protestantism.

The foundations of Protestantism will be gone (or fulfilled depending on your point of view). This is the beginning of the end as same-gender marriage supporters attempt to sue their way into heaven.

Now that will be interesting to watch, but I don't look forward to participating as we all will eventually.
I guess they didn't learn the story about the tower of babel - and that ancient crowd that tried to force their way into heaven. didn't work out too well. . . .
well, wrong.. here is one "protestant" who will NEVER participate in this perversion in any way. I live by the words in our Scriptures, and it roundly condems homosexuality and defines "marriage' as one man, one woman, for life, no divorce/remarriage except for cause of adultery. Anything less is an abomination and I refuse to "participate".
Actually, the scriptures define marriage as one man and one or more women plus however many concubines the man wants. Still, I'm glad to see that someone who condemns same-sex relations on Biblical grounds also condemns divorce on the same grounds. Tell me, though, in what sense are you participating in the "perversion" of homosexuality if your church officiates at same-sex marriages? If your church re-marries people whose divorce was not for the cause of adultery and whose spouse is still living, does that also make you participate in some unholiness?
Yes, it does.