The PJ Tatler

Bryan Preston

July 9, 2013 - 8:26 am

Testimony resumed Monday on SB1 in Austin, and continues. That’s the abortion bill that state Sen. Wendy Davis (D) filibustered and then a mob shouted down in the Texas legislature’s first special session. Abby Johnson, former Planned Parenthood director, testified that despite what her former employer says, yes, abortion clinics are unsafe and must be subjected to stronger oversight.

Watching the debate as it has gone on over the past couple of weeks, I can’t help but be struck by a glaring irony. The left have come out in force to support lower regulations for a billion dollar corporation that lives off of government corporate welfare. In what industry outside abortion would they do this? I can’t think of one.

The bill in question would ban abortions after 20 weeks, and bring Texas abortion clinics up to the standards already mandated for other ambulatory surgical facilities. Planned Parenthood wants unrestricted abortion at largely unregulated clinics, and the usually regulation-happy Democrats agree with them.

My state rep posted her support for the pro abortion faction on her facebook page yesterday and I respectfully requested that she explain her support of criminals such as Gosnell and lower standards for women's health..... so far I've been called all kinds of names by her supporters, but she's refused to answer my respectfully posed questions...... I may have also challenged her to defend her stance as a practicing Catholic.... (in a 90% Catholic voting district).
I'm guessing that the "Texas Gosnell", Douglas Karpen, would see his three clinics close. And the five troubled Whole Woman clinics in Austin, Beaumont, Ft Worth, McAllen, and San Antonio. Do the other 29 clinics that would be shut down look like those filthy ratholes? The reason the TRAP laws work, is that the abortion industry would rather shut down than reduce their obscene profits by meeting basic medical standards.
Some profits are more obscene than others; "safe, legal" abortions targeting viable babies and carried out in places scarcely less squalid than the proverbial "back-alley" locales of the pre-Roe days are obscene by any standard.
Because, dead babies.