The PJ Tatler

Defenders of Rachel Jeantel Channel John C. Calhoun

The Left's latest generation of segregationists.

J. Christian Adams

June 28, 2013 - 6:53 am

Rachel Jeantel’s testimony probably won’t help convict George Zimmerman, but it sure has flushed out the new segregationists.

Consider Chrissy Coleman (@ChrissyCole). She explains away Rachel Jeantel’s shifting story and absurd disassembly of the racial term “cracker” thusly:

So let’s cut to the chase. Any attorney, jury member, judge or white person in that courtroom is not going to understand Rachel Jeantel. And I don’t expect them to. In fact, I certainly, like my fellow writer Rachel Samara, understand why white people wouldn’t like Rachel. … But maybe the reason white people don’t understand Rachel Jeantel has something more to do with white privilege than, what they would call, Rachel’s capricious nature. … The thing is, what white people see in Rachel has little to do about her own issues, and more to say about the America that white people are blind to. … It’s just that your world and our world are, excuse the cliche, worlds apart.

Coleman sounds like John C. Calhoun (D-SC), the South’s leading defender of slavery and segregation. Calhoun believed that blacks and whites could never live together, and that after any emancipation, they’d forever be “worlds apart.”

calhoun

Opposing Calhoun’s segregationist ideology was Senator Charles Sumner (R-MA). Sumner’s position was the Judeo-Christian one — that all individuals are made in the image of God, hold divine worth, and are given rational freewill to do good or evil.

For this position, he was beaten with a cane on the floor of the U.S. Senate by Rep. Preston Brooks (D-SC).

Sumner’s philosophy drove the Civil War Amendments into the Constitution, enshrining into law the notion of racial equality under law. The civil rights movement was all about integration of cultures, as well as in law.

Fast forward to 2013. We are told by Mary Elizabeth Williams at Salon that racial preconceptions explain away Jeantel’s unreliable testimony: “She is not thin or blond or demure. So there goes her credibility.”

Never mind she testified that she didn’t think “cracker” was a racial term — it’s that hairdo and “court nails” that do her in.

Then this pardon from Rachal Samara, in a post boldly branded with race and titled “What White People Don’t Understand About Rachel Jeantel“:

And if the 5 white jurors (excluding the 1 Latina) are like most white people I know, they are unfortunately not going to like Rachel. They won’t understand her, especially not her defensive nature, and this will unfortunately work against her. Even though it shouldn’t.

To Samara and the new segregationists, we can’t expect universal behavioral standards like honesty, truthfulness, and courtesy.

Blame race all you want for Rachel Jeantel becoming a punch line. But remember one thing: your excuses sound like why one of the most venomous segregationists in American history defended slavery. I’m not willing to adopt Calhoun and Coleman’s “worlds apart” theory to explain away untruthfulness and rudeness on the stand.

Once upon a time, civil rights were built on the philosophical foundations of the integrationist Charles Sumner. It’s a shame too many modern “civil rights” advocates are channeling the ghost of John C. Calhoun.

J. Christian Adams is an election lawyer who served in the Voting Rights Section at the U.S. Department of Justice. His New York Times bestselling book is Injustice: Exposing the Racial Agenda of the Obama Justice Department (Regnery).  His website is www.electionlawcenter.com. Follow him on Twitter @electionlawctr.

A 19 year-old woman who hasn't yet graduated from high-school, can't read a hand-written letter she herself dictated, is pre-occupied with drinking, drugs, and getting high, continually shifts her testimony, shades the truth, and outright lies, in an attempt to destroy an obviously innocent man. Yes, the unsavory face of the predominant negro culture is pretty ugly and unappealing, but it's defenders want us to believe it's the fault of "white people" because they "just don't understand".

I admit I don't understand Jeantel, her actions, her motives, or her character.....or maybe I understand her, and her peers, all too well. And I guess that makes me a racist in the lexicon of the Left.
Thomas Sowell, Clarence Thomas, Condi Rice and millions of others somehow manage to go through life without being stupid, lazy, ignorant and dishonest. But according to Coleman Jeantel is the way she is because we just can't expect any different from her.

But it's conservatives who are racist, and don't you forget it.
Rachel Jeantel is simply the product of the "New Deal" and "Great Society" welfare-State.

Thanks FDR and LBJ.

While I agree with much being said, there is a deeper reason Rachel acted like she did on the stand: sullen, almost unintelligible at times and contradictory. Rachel is not DeeDee so committed perjury almost as soon as she opened her mouth on the stand.
If you review ABC's phone interview with DeeDee, her voice is quite a bit higher in tone and is much more articulate than Rachel's. Rachel's mumbling and speaking into her chest was to mask that is my guess.
However, because DeeDee's initial sworn testimony (when she was sitting beside Sybrina, TM's mother and in her house) *BOLSTERS* Zimmerman's account, the defense may let it slide for the more important point: BOTH of the witnesses (Zimmerman eye and DeeDee ear) to what happened agree that Martin had enough time to get back to his new baby mama's apartment and go back to confront Zimmerman. DeeDee's sworn testimony says he did so.
Lets face it, their is a racial divide in this country whether we admit it or not. Example: every black appearing on FOX, CNN or the like will lay down a perfectly reason why Travon Martin was the victim instead of the perpertrator. These are educated people who would never think that walking around in a gaited community with recent break-ins and thefts at 2;00am in the rain could even be considered suspicious. Of course, the press will do their best to inject race even thow Mr. Zimmerman is Hispanic. Stevey Wonder can see that. Also, those same educaters believe O.J. Simpson was innocent of decapitating two whites.
I think you and Roger Simon have fallen into a Leftist trap, as well. That trap is the idea that people shouldn't be held personally responsible for their own actions. Whether Jeantel is a helpless pawn is debatable, but whether she should be held responsible for her attempts to mislead the jury is not. She knows it is wrong to try to spin the truth to make Martin less culpable in his own death. It doesn't take a college education, or an I.Q of 150 to understand that lying when an innocent man's future is at stake is reprehensible.
Enquiring minds want to know...

Were Trayvon and Rachel using Obamaphones?
is it just me, or does this girl remind you of Mayella Ewell from To Kill a Mockingbird?
Is it hard to believe the following is what actually occurred?

" Hey boss. A guy named Zimmerman just killed a black kid. I think we can use this to drum up more Jewish support and money. This kind of thing makes the Jewish community nervous. Lets bring in Sharpton to stir the post and we will increase campaign contributions by the tens of millions. Liberal Jews will bend over backward to prove how un-racist they are. The election will be in the bag. "
" Lets no waste this one "
" Ok. Lets get in front of the cameras "
" If I had a son he would look just like ...... "
" Hey boss. It turns out Zimmerman isn't Jewish, he's Hispanic "
" Whoops. "
Older relarives spoke perfectly good English and could be understood. She appeared to be half "zonked out" I think this indicates the type of person the
"victim" chise as a friend. I never had any prejudice until I moved to suburb outside Washington,DC and had to deal with these people and try to teach them.
An opinion informed by observation and experience is not predjudice. I came to downtown Atlanta with the standard college liberal predjudice towards blacks and went to great lengths to try to socialize with them and be color blind. A bit of experience with my wife being constantly addressed as white b*tch and constant offers to "f*ck her like no honky could", a few robberies, an attempted mugging and similar "cultural experience" informed my predjudice. I bought pistols for each of us which became our constant companions and I was not reticent to flash or draw one. Fortunately, I never had to fire one to protect my person, family, or property. A couple of years of that and I sold the business, got as far from Atlanta as I could, and will NEVER live any place that has an significant number of blacks.
That is not prejudice, that is experience.
Horrid auto spell check...

I meant to write, We will never see change in our country
There is another issue here that I see no one addressing. There is a large number of colored people in the US who believe it is all but impossible for blacks to be racist. Until they accept that anyone can be racist, we will never see change in our CPU try. This ignorance fuels the racial divide perhaps more than any other.
I just finished spending a night in a black section of a small town in Florida as a rider with a buddy of mine who works out there. We spent a good deal of time patrolling the section that was built for the workers years ago by US Sugar and that section is black- mostly of Jamaican descent- I'm told. I spent a generation in police work before I retired often working with street blacks in my city. Last night they had a street party in that small section. I wish I could post the scenes I saw.

Here is what I observed. 1- Rachel is not an aberration. In fact, I saw duplicates of her a hundred times over walking up the street to the party. All the women were dressed in identical spandex one piece skirts with the lower edge just under their butt crack and all wearing high heeled pumps. Now understand, the dresses were all skin tight mini-mini skirts, as in if they bent over slightly you could see everything, regardless of whether the girls were young, old, a hundred pounds or two hundred and fifty pounds! They all had their weave or extensions and their "going to court nails". The men/boys were all dred-lock wearing, hoodie wearing, semi-literate, pants below their butts dressing rapping loud mouthed idiots. THAT was what the women had to choose from!

They were guttural in their language, heavily stilted with street lingo. And they didn't care about how they looked, how they sounded, or what they thought. It was just like it was twenty years ago- except there were more of them.

I asked my buddy who had been working out there if they were all employed. "Oh heck no, the girls have babies, the men can't work if they wanted to because they have so many babies from different mommas, all they'd be doing is paying child support."

That said, he also pointed out there were a good number of decent, law abiding, religious people stuck within that neighborhood, who had to live with the silliness all around them.

People who think there is a distinct difference between cultures is absolutely correct. It just is. But that does not excuse them being racists or liars like little Jeantel. The Left in America created these people, but all of us suffer their violence, ignorance and drag on society.
Sounds like Belle Glade, Moore Haven, or Clewiston...a very interesting place when the sun goes down.
1 2 3 4 5 Next View All