Roger’s Rules

The ‘Obvious and Commonsense Conclusion’ about the IRS Scandal

July 14th, 2014 - 10:26 am

Even as Establishment Washington, Republican as well as Democrat, does it’s ostrich imitation and pretends that there is Nothing To See Here, Move Along, two organizations, and two courageous judges, are beginning to peel back layer after layer from the fetid onion of corruption that is the scandal of the IRS’s “lost” emails.  As the Washington Free Beacon reports, law suits brought by True the Vote and the invaluable watchdog group Judicial Watch have resulted in court orders that the IRS answer the complaints and show eft-sone and right speedily (i.e., within a month) what steps were taken to retrieve the supposedly lost emails from Lois “I’ll take the Fifth” Lerner.  As Tom Fitton, president of Judicial Watch, noted, “These extraordinary court rulings are key steps in unraveling the Obama IRS’s ongoing cover up of its abuses against critics of this administration.”

Commenting on this development, Glenn Reynolds at Instapundit had the obvious ( also the correct) response: “They were incriminating, and show White House involvement. So they were ‘lost.’”

It was ever thus.  I am just re-reading bits of David Fromkin’s classic Europe’s Last Summer: Who Started the Great War in 1914?  In a chapter called “Shredding the Evidence,” Fromkin details how the French and Germans both did their best to muddy the historical record, and thereby escape blame for the catastrophe of the war, by concealing, destroying, or falsifying incriminating documents. Gradually, modern scholarship has managed to piece together the truth, at least in broad outline.  It has been a painstaking process. Looking back over the many efforts by the chief players to distort the truth and thereby escape blame, Fromkin notes soberly that “On the whole, we have to draw the obvious and commonsense conclusion that documents destroyed or hidden probably were embarrassing or incriminating, and that the effort to blot out or falsify the record was undertaken in order to deny responsibility for the IRS’s criminal activity in persecuting opponents of the Obama administration.”

We may not have a smoking gun but there certainly is enough hot brass laying on the ground to draw some conclusions.
It all leads right to Obama. Nothing else can explain it all.
FEC traitors "lose" their material evidence as well.

And whatever happened to the 1.1 million pages of donor information illegally given to the FBI?

This is weaponized agencies attacking and then destroying evidence of those attacks against the citizenry.

Frankly, those judges may be saving the necks of the treasonous. Because if there is no justice...something will shoot out the other end of that black hole. Those rulings are the event horizon.

If those judges let America pass the event horizon, nothing...certainly not light, will escape.

And the pressure building inside that void...will be immense.

Start working at home with Google! It’s by-far the best job I’ve had. Last Wednesday I got a brand new BMW since getting a check for $6474 this - 4 weeks past. I began this 8-months ago and immediately was bringing home at least $77 per hour. I work through this link, go? to tech tab for work detail,,,,,,,

?????????????? http://www.PaysPays.com
1 week ago
1 week ago Link To Comment
I think that ye forget whilst the fox tends the henhouse the hen tends to hide.
1 week ago
1 week ago Link To Comment
Start working at home with Google! It’s by-far the best job I’ve had. Last Wednesday I got a brand new BMW since getting a check for $6474 this - 4 weeks past. I began this 8-months ago and immediately was bringing home at least $77 per hour. I work through this link, go to tech tab for work detail,,,,,,,

✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒ http://www.PaysPays.com
1 week ago
1 week ago Link To Comment
Let's have a contest to name Lois Lerner's prison nickname. I will start. Tax Tushy.
1 week ago
1 week ago Link To Comment
Dear Roger:

To demonstrate that I play fair and try to hold myself to a standard of English composition at least as high as that I expect of thinkers and writers as esteemed as you, allow me to point out an embarrassing mistake in my own note: where I write "I doubt that I am the only, let alone the first, reader to notice the error . . . ," I should have written "I doubt that I am the first, let alone the only, reader to notice the error . . . "

Logic and sense are cruel taskmasters.
1 week ago
1 week ago Link To Comment
Dear Roger:

Ouch.

That "it's" in the first sentence of your discussion can really turn off a reader.

It should, of course, be "its," the possessive fom of the pronoun "it."

I doubt that I am the only, let alone the first, reader to notice the error, as you have many sharp readers among your learned audience (I say this sincerely: these days irony and parody come so easily that I find I must declare, as though under oath, when I'm being serious).

Thank you, Roger, for defending the West even as it disintegrates and commits suicide.
1 week ago
1 week ago Link To Comment
I don't want the last word on this scandal to be that 5 years down the road that the culprit was found - coped a plea - and sent to jail - and when everyone heard the name they collectively went "Who?"

If that happens justice will have been officially buried on that day.

To the credit of our republican led house they have voted to diminish the budget of the IRS for tax enforcement. A small step to be sure but with such dimwits its a long learning curve.

In Watergate, Nixon resigned for being connected to a break-in to Democrat headquarters. But he didn't actually use the apparatus of the state to go after Democrats, only small-time hired hoodlums. Nixon did not directly order the break-in.

The IRS scandal is like this but where the state itself was used to target conservative citizens, not just the Republican party. This is much worse than Watergate.

The IRS issue isn't less serious than Watergate, it's much worse, much scarier, and marks a turning point for America.
Correct, but there are 3 other big differences that will make things much tougher:
1. Nixon kept the tapes, where it looks like Obamas minions have done a much better job of dewtroying all the evidence.
2. The MSM hated Nixon, and was eager to investigate him at any opportunity, while the MSM loves Obama, and will actively cover for him.
3. During Nixon there were some honest repubs on the commitee that actually wanted to find the truth. But now any dems on the committee may as well be Obama press agents.
1 week ago
1 week ago Link To Comment
Here's some suggestions on what to do...

Some good advice on proper tactics from Rick Wilson @ Ricochet:

"Congress should be devouring the bandwidth of the targeted agencies.  Flooding the zone with requests, constant depositions of senior leaders, a constant legal barrage of inquiry for every email, every piece of paper, everything, all the time.  Who cares if we use it? Torture them every minute of the day and force them to live in fear of contempt charges.  Make their execs lawyer up, and dig dig dig at every inconsistency.

Second, the power of the purse is entirely underutilized, and Congress as a rule has no creativity. Don’t cooperate? Zero out every executive bonus in the agency for a decade. Don’t cooperate? No more conferences, training seminars, trips. Don’t cooperate? No more drivers for senior execs. Don’t cooperate? Every construction project for every building your agency wants is zeroed. Don’t cooperate? We’re relocating 98% of your manpower to Omaha. Don’t cooperate? Zero out the public affairs budget. Don’t cooperate? Every program with ‘green’ ‘affirmative’ ‘equal opportunity’ ‘LGBT’ ‘diversity’ or ‘awareness’ is zeroed out.

Sure, it sounds petty, but the agency people we’re talking about are the most parochial, small-minded bureaucratic weasels, and their perks and powers are all they care about.  All it takes is a more bloody-minded approach."
Time to file a suit against the NSA to produce the "lost" documents. As Mr. Adams says in another article; "Time to go on the offensive". Big time; I would add. Sue every last one of them! Holder, Lerner, Koskinen, et al should be in jail for their crimes and maleficence. "Shock and Awe" should be the battle plan; and don't let up. Uncover the evidence through discovery and make them defend their actions in a public forum. I used to wonder how any nation could be taken over by tyrants; that is not the case any longer. It is happening before our very eyes.
1 2 Next View All