Canada Asks Muslims: When Will You Stop Beating Your Wives?

Rather than waste money "reeducating" Muslim immigrants, why not simply prevent them from coming in the first place?

Kathy Shaidle

September 10, 2013 - 9:00 am

[I]t’s worth noting that Canada, New Zealand, Australia and Britain now all have prime ministers to the right of the US president.

That was Mark Steyn, commenting on new conservative PM Tony Abbot’s triumph in the recent elections “down under.”

In my travels around the blogosphere, I run into Americans who envy the Commonwealth’s apparent surfeit of “right wing” leaders.

They’ll jokingly ask, for instance, if anyone knows how to forge a Hawaiian “Certificate of Live Birth” for Canada’s Stephen Harper once he’s finally out of office up here.

And certainly, Harper is vastly superior to the possible alternative.

However, not all Canadian conservatives are thrilled with every one of his government’s policies, especially on the touchy twin issues of immigration and multiculturalism.

Perhaps Abbot’s victory will embolden the Harper Conservatives, then, since many see Australia’s turn to the right as a mandate for immigration reform.

Up until now, Harper’s strategy on those matters amounts to delighting his base by, say, deporting a record number of “criminal foreigners” one day, then doing something totally stupid the next.

Like coughing up over $300,000 in taxpayer cash on a campaign to remind Muslim newcomers not to beat or murder their wives.

As my husband put it at his blog:

Wouldn’t it be cheaper and make far more sense to prevent backward savages of any and all types from settling Canada in the first place?

No one is permitted to ask such questions in Canada’s mainstream media, not even on Sun News.

That said, kudos to Brian Lilley for talking about this idiotic government program on his show.

His guest Raheel Raza is one of the few vocal pro-Western Muslims on the Canadian scene.

She’s occasionally too moderate for my liking, but she puts herself at personal risk every day just by saying the things she does:

(KATHY SHAIDLE is a blogging pioneer who runs FiveFeetOfFury, now in its 15th year. She's been called "one of the great virtuoso polemicists of our time," by MARK STEYN. Her NEW book is Confessions of A Failed Slut (Thought Catalog, 2014).

Thought I'd share:

A story for which Charles James Napier is often noted involved Hindu priests complaining to him about the prohibition of Sati by British authorities. This was the custom of burning a widow alive on the funeral pyre of her husband. As first recounted by his brother William, he replied:

"Be it so. This burning of widows is your custom; prepare the funeral pile. But my nation has also a custom. When men burn women alive we hang them, and confiscate all their property. My carpenters shall therefore erect gibbets on which to hang all concerned when the widow is consumed. Let us all act according to national customs."
As a McGill University alumnus, I maintain hope that if I need a refuge if/when the US becomes yet another failed state, Canada will take me in. At the same time, with Muslims already outnumbering Jews 3 to 1 in Canada (it's at least as bad in Australia), it's no longer the country I remember. As much as I respect and admire Harper, his failure to deal with Arab and Muslim immigration can't be overlooked.
I'm puzzled: is the assumption here that there be separate laws for Muslim men on wife-beating? Shouldn't they be treated the same as other Canadians when it comes to domestic violence? If those Canadian laws are quite stringent (are they? I don't know), and a Muslim husband finds himself in the slammer for beating his wife, might that not be a sobering experience and a deterrent to other Muslim husbands -- and even an incentive for the more adamant among them to pack up and leave? Also, if Muslim-Canadian organizations protest such arrests and convictions, shouldn't they be told in no uncertain terms that they're in Canada now, and that Canadian law is supreme?

Just asking.
First you have to ask yourself why these ignorant muslims immigrate in the first place. In other words - who is providing the money for them to travel?

Saudi Arabia?

What is their motive? (as if I didn't know)

There was a news item the other day -- along every stretch of a major highway in Lebanon is an advertisement for Lebanese residents and Syrian refugees to come to Canada (red maple flags on the ads), and saying for X amount of dollars, they'll get into Canada. I believe we can expect another huge influx (given the situation in Syria). I think they should all be diverted to Sweden -- since the Swedes, unlike Canada, wants to welcome all Islamists with open arms (beating wives, raping the locals, living off welfare, FGM -- that's no problem for the Swedes).
Thank you Kathy for shedding light.

I keep tabs on http://www.joelstrumpet.com and http://twitter.com/MidnightWatcher

Needless to say, looking at the situation with rose coloured glasses is brutally expensive.
Mugbucket forgot and even better quote from the wiki article.

The best way to quiet a country is a good thrashing, followed by great kindness afterwards. Even the wildest chaps are thus tamed.[5]

And again

"the human mind is never better disposed to gratitude and attachment than when softened by fear."[5]

I wonder at how such wisdom could be lost, and we come a weak effeminate people who truckle to an otiose violent back of cowards.

I will remind you that Friday is sacred to Venus: not the feminine symbol of the crescent moon.

Thought I'd share:

Eventually the situation in North America will get out of hand. I am not expert in this but I know of training camps in Central Virginia where those idiots run around training their own militia. When the situation gets out of hand, We The People will have to fix it with our own blood and treasure because the sissyfied governments in Canada and the US will do nothing but protect crime and sedition. These are the times that try men's souls (again!) let the ones willing to fight for freedom achieve that divine prize.
It is curious that people leave the nation that supposedly oppressed them, tom come to a freer nation and then practice the very oppression they supposedly deride.

It causes me to question their motivation, or, more accurately, become cynical at their behavior. Mexicans want to fly their Mexican flags, muslims want to practice sharia law in lands that are diametrically opposed to such behavior.

They come here thinking perhaps that freedom means being able to do whatever you want. Don't know how that myth got started but it seems to be the line of thinking from our third-world immigrants.

Their inability or lack of desire to assimilate also seems to please the statists in this nation who don't interface with them on any level, except to hear their incessant whining about being persecuted...and then appeasing them by allowing them the latitude to behave badly while paying them to do it. This goes for republicans as well as democrats.

The two cultures cannot get along. It's a bad idea, it's bad in practice and it's bad to allow it to continue. Eventually, the nations will polarize to enclaves of muslim/non-muslim areas and they are doing that already.

Government planning at full throttle.
The politicos of the left are masters at playing identity group politics. For that you need -- identity groups.
I would ask Muslims: Aside from millions of dead and mutilated bodies and a few interesting buildings, what has Islam given the world?
And to Minister Louis Farakhan I would ask: Why are there no blacks in Turkey, considering that Turkey got slaves from the same places that America got them, and didn't outlaw the institution until the 1930s?
Even the "interesting buildings" are mostly the legacy of their conquest of the Byzantine empire and imposed dhimmitude or forced conversion of its people. Alost all "Muslim" art and science is Roman/Greek/Byzantine art and science.
Easy answer: All the men were castrated. Arabs invented black slavery and the system was in place for those who wanted slaves centuries ago.
To your question- " When will you stop beating your wives? ", I would add-

When will you stop raping your children?

Just asking.
We and our friends in the North need to clearly understand that most Muslim men,especially the new arrivals, feel they have a civic right and religious duty to corrrrrrrrect their wives. Our everyday wife-beaters know it is wrong and criminal but do it anyway, sometimes because they are drunk, which the Muslims of course rarely are.

Our everyday wife-beaters belong in jail; these Muslim men belong in Muslim countries. We must never allow the U.S. and Canada to become Muslim countries. This needs to be prevented by any means necessary.
1 2 Next View All