Ed Driscoll

‘We Have No Morals, and We Will Attack You’

December 29th, 2013 - 1:26 pm

The left-leaning Jewish Daily Forward goes all-in to defend Footie Pajamas Boy, by accusing the right of “a centuries-old nexus of anti-Semitism and misogyny.” (Link safe; goes to Hot Air. I’m not rewarding a Website extra traffic for trolling the Interwebs):

In fact, Pajama Boy stands at a centuries-old nexus of anti-Semitism and misogyny. As scholars including Sander Gilman and Daniel Boyarin have shown, Jewish men have been accused of being unmanly for hundreds of years – including by other Jews, such as the early Zionists, whose muscular Judaism was a direct response to diaspora Jewish emasculation. This is an old, old motif.

The Jew is the Other is the Effeminate is the Liberal. He is the urbanite, the parasite, the usurer, the lawyer. His effeminacy corrupts the Volk or the Heartland or the real American values. He wouldn’t know how to drive a pick-up truck if it was on cruise control. And he definitely votes for Obama.

Really, what’s “metrosexual” about Pajama Boy, anyway? The fact that he’s wearing pajamas? Drinking a hot beverage? No – it’s the way in which he so perfectly fits the Right’s image of the liberal Jewish girly-man. There’s a real “masculinity,” and then there’s whatever it is that Pajama Boy is embodying. (For the record, I have no idea whether Krupp is gay or straight. Neither do his haters.)

Needless to say, in this brave new world of Eric Cantor and the Republican Jewish Coalition (whose executive director makes over half a mil – must be a real man), the Jewishness of Pajama Boy is conspicuously absent from the vitriol. But as soon as you see it, you can’t un-see it. Which makes you wonder what the Review’s Charles Cooke – in another line conspicuously omitted by the discussions of this issue – meant when he said “the advertising machine behind the Obama administration seems not to really know what normal human beings are like.”

Normal human beings are gentiles. They spit or smoke tobacco, they speak plainly, and they are manly men who don’t wear pajamas, don’t raise their eyebrows, don’t support affordable healthcare, and definitely don’t flay their arms around like Woody Allen. Or Shylock. Real men. Not Jews.

Whether or not the Pajama-Boy bashers are unconsciously anti-Semitic or not, I don’t know. Consciously, they are against everything “Judaism” stands for, at least as construed by its enemies: outsiderness, cosmopolitanism, liberalism, a progressive rather than nativist agenda, an opposition to the notion that there is one kind of “normal” person, a sympathy for the underdog and the immigrant as opposed to the successful and the privileged, and, yes, a rejection of a certain gendered, masculinist understanding of justice wherein the strong survive and the weak are trampled underfoot like the untermenschen they are.

Just a reminder, this is who you’re defending, Forward:

As The Daily Caller reported, Krupp was accused of racism and anti-Semitism during his college-aged stint as the editor of the Madison, Wisconsin comedy newspaper the “Madison Misnomer.”

The “Misnomer” ran a piece joking about 9/11 and was accused of running offensive content, according to a 2010 Krupp interview with The Badger Herald.

“We have gotten complaints about the paper being too harsh on Jewish students. It’s a comedy newspaper. Is there any doubt 95 percent of the writers are Jewish?…Actually, people have called us racist, sexist, anti-Semitic, fascist, ageist, homophobic, self-loathing, Glenn Beck supporters, Coasties and other negative words people commonly mistake with communism. To them I give a huge middle finger, and then probably agree with their concerns,” Krupp said.

“That person was murdered,” Krupp said of the critic who compared him to a Glenn Beck supporter.

“We have no morals, and we will attack you. But you really don’t have to worry because no one reads the paper anyway,” Krupp added.

As the Daily Caller noted, Ethan Krupp declared himself to be a “liberal f***” before scrubbing his posts from the Internet when his role as Footie Pajamas Boy backfired badly:

“I am a Liberal Fuck,” Krupp wrote in one post. “A Liberal Fuck is not a Democrat, but rather someone who combines political data and theory, extreme leftist views and sarcasm to win any argument while make the opponents feel terrible about themselves. I won every argument but one.”

Krupp then detailed the only political argument he claimed her ever lost, a drunken encounter he had with a “conservative gay prick.”

As far back as the summer of 2008, the Politico was referencing “The Liberal Bletchley Park” for its ability to”detect” racism where none exists, when first Hillary supporters and then Republicans were accused of unconscious racism — or heck, outright “racism straight up,” whenever they disagreed with Barack Obama’s fiscal policies. (To the point where MSNBC was declaring words like “golf” and “Chicago” racist by the summer of 2012.) The GOP will no doubt be accused of sexism by the summer of 2016, should Hillary or Elizabeth Warren win the Democrats’ presidential nomination.

But isn't PJ boy suppose to be home for Christmas? Wouldn't that be a clue that he's not Jewish?
I am Jewish and wouldnt want my sons looking like that. That guy in the advertisement is not identifiable as a Jew or Gentile, but he looks like a weasel
For those who don't know anything about Judaism:
'The Daily Forward' is not in any meaningful way
A Jewish paper. It is a 'Leftish' one. Think circumcised
Ham sandwich's masquerading as matzo ball soup.
OK, so one can yell "Wolf!" by howling something other than "Racism!"

My thanks to that professor for inventing the term "Kafkatrapping." This technique's utility in societies not already under the statist thumb is doubtful.

"Forward"--over the cliff!
People discussing PJ Boy and/or unmanly Jews are off the mark.

The real point is that the author at The Jewish Daily Forward and The Jewish Daily Forward itself 'accusing the right of “a centuries-old nexus of anti-Semitism and misogyny.” '

What we should focus on is the 'century old' liberal projection of their own beliefs to 'their enemies'. And finally I see the 'right' is fighting back, at least on the grassroot level.
Ha! I'm a Jew, an Israeli, dealt with antisemitism (on the receiving end, unfortunately, not only as an observer) in USSR, and I do not see any antisemitism here. The guy is a simplistic fanatic, who never saw a real world, and this is an international group.

This is the same "any criticism of Obama is racism", just the new flavor (as the old one kind of wears off). In other words, BS.
Nobody knew Pajama Boy was a Jew until Soros turned him in.
I think I'm supposed to care what this loser says. It's not working.
I never thought of him as Jewish. I never thought bout his ethnicity at all. I thought he was just some wimpy douche. I'm glad they clarified this mix up for me.
I saw him as an atheist douchebag, giving his parents crap about Christmas and capitalism while drinking Godiva hot chocolate, while on vacation from the over priced college they sent him to.

It never occurred to me that he might be Jewish. I think they're projecting the racism a bit.
I have taken an oath to support and defend the Constitution Of the United States of America and when you attack that, I have no recourse but to destroy you personaly.
I openly and freely mock pajama boy and never once gave a thought to his ethnicity; in fact it doesn't matter. What I can say for certain that if someone looking like pajama boy ever served on a United States Navy Guided Missile Frigate, as I have done, he would have been beat about the head and shoulders on a daily basis. And we had a smattering of Jewish sailors on those Frigates; I know cause I was one of them.
Free speech means speech that does not disagree with a Democrat. The McCarthy era was about people not having a right to be paid to make subversive movies lionizing monsters who murdered 110 million people. The left made it sound like the world was coming to an end.

The PC era is about no one being able to speak any truth not first vetted by the hardcore left without losing their job or being publically shamed for racismsexismhomophobia...no one even blinks.
I initially thought PJ Boy was effeminate, effete, foppish and rather faggy but I never once thought he was Jewish. Mass projection? More self hatred?
1 2 3 4 5 Next View All