Rubin Reports

How to Turn a Campus into an Indoctrination Center

September 27th, 2013 - 11:22 am

If you want to understand how the far left controls campuses, consider this story.

There is no university program more supportive of the Arab nationalist (historically), Islamist, and anti-Israel line in the United States than Georgetown’s programs on Middle East studies. Every conference the university holds on the Middle East is ridiculously one-sided. The university has received millions of dollars in funds from Arab states, and it houses the most important center in the United States that has advocated support for a pro-Islamist policy.

One day in 1975, not long before he died, the great Professor Carroll Quigley walked up to me when I was sitting in the Georgetown University library. Everyone was in awe of this brilliant lecturer (remind me to write him a tribute explaining why he was so great). I thought he might have remembered me from my extended explanation that I was late for class one day because I had rescued a sparrow and taken it to a veterinarian (true).   I vividly recall that detail, because I couldn’t think otherwise why he would want to talk to such a lowly person.

[In fact  the  classroom where Carroll Quigley taught his main class was Gaston Hall, where decades later Obama demanded to cover up the cross before he spoke there! What would this pious Catholic have said?!]

“May I sit down?” he asked.

“Of course!” I said, stopping myself from adding that it was an honor. Without any small talk, he launched into a subject that clearly weighed on his conscience. “There are many who don’t like your people.”

What was he talking about? I thought, is he talking about Jews?

He explained that he had just come from a meeting where it was made clear that the university had a problem. They were getting Arab money, but on the secret condition that it was for teaching about the Middle East but none of it could be used to teach about Israel. How was this problem to be solved?

Simple. They would call the institution to be created the Center for Contemporary Arab Studies. It was explicitly expressed that this was how the problem would be dealt with.  Quigley was disgusted. Ever since then, I have referred to that institution as the Center for Contemporary Arab Money.

Georgetown was the place that accepted tens of thousands of dollars from Libyan dictator Muammar Qadhafi–who was, of course, very active in promoting anti-American terrorism–to establish an endowed chair in Middle East studies. When the president of the university backed down due to bad publicity, the professor who had been named to the post responded by calling the Jesuit university president a “Jesuit Zionist.”

This same professor–and I am not joking in saying that compared to today, he was a fine scholar and a comparatively decent man given what goes on now–was also a personal friend of Palestinian terrorist leader Nayef Hawatmeh and an outspoken Marxist.

” The most significant aspect of the establishment of the state of Israel is the fact that Jews through the ages knew that it was to be.”
Rabbi Eliezer Berkovits

Imagine the blinding clarity of the statement above. Think about the truth that it contains. In the depths of despair and blackness, in the midst of pogroms and crusades, under the yoke of the most barbaric of animals, the barely-human, Jews through the ages knew that Israel was to be.
They lived with this knowledge, passed it down to their children at the risk of their own lives, and in many cases died for it. They refused to denounce it even when the sword was held to the throat.
The institutions of, " higher learning ", of which you speak have traded their honor for a few coins. For them truth is meaningless. They have willingly abandoned it.
So what is the answer to their lies?
I am. At two thirty in the morning I am writing this from my home in Jerusalem. Our two year old grandson woke us up to cuddle him and scratch his belly. This beautiful boy will grow up strong and proud. He speaks the language of his forefathers and walk the same soil. He will be taught to love his land, his people and his faith. He is the answer to all the , " Georgetowns ". He is truth personified.
Now it is time for a little sleep for me. I have to be up in a few hours to thank G-d for making me a Jew and planting me in our homeland.
And for all the good folks at PJMedia I will say a prayer.

It takes courage to be a non-politically correct academic these days. Even in supposedly Catholic and Evangelical institutions!
If anti-Israel bias was a cause for denying tenure there would be no tenured prof's in any Western academy.
Was Carroll Quigley related to Austin Quigley, a dean at Columbia?
my friend's mother-in-law makes $77 hourly on the computer. She has been laid off for seven months but last month her income was $13884 just working on the computer for a few hours. Check This Out.....> WWW.Rush64.COM
my best friend's step-sister makes $89 an hour on the computer. She has been unemployed for 5 months but last month her pay was $13439 just working on the computer for a few hours. ........> www.jobs60.ℂom
This irrational hatred and oppression on the Jews is no letting up. It is likened to a communicable disease. The plague is, wicked people love lies, and why are they regarded as wicked? They are wicked on the simple token, they won't pursue nor seek the truth, preferring to sit back and propagate vagrant lies.
Hello every one I search amazing links for best online earning only few hours evey day and earn approximately $85/hr this is true you can check this link with proof link is below here:
>>>>>w­w­w.b­l­u­e­4­8.c­o­m
I think Barry that you've perhaps missed the point. Yes, the guy was not given tenure, but he might be telling the truth. He might have been anti-Israel, but insufficiently. I've read some of Said's stuff (riddled with inaccuracies, prevarications and fabrications) and I'm not so sure even he would have trouble with the powers-that-be now. He acknowledged the Holocaust, and in the book I read discussed how even he had trouble, because there were Arabs and apologists who insisted on denial. They weren't concerned with evidence at all, merely believing that acknowledging the Holocaust weakened their cause a bit. Perhaps this guy was hung up by something similar...
The problem is American Jews. They are this generation's German Jews at the time of Hitler's ascendance. They didn't believe that Hitler meant them. They were certain he meant those other Jews. After all they were more German than the Germans. They fought for Germany. The most decorated soldier in WWI was a Jew(The actress Lili Palmer's father). When they support the Arabs, American Jews are a mirror image of those Jews. JINOS.
One of the great ironies of academia is the perception of Arabs as enemies of the imperialists. Arabs were once one of the predominant imperialist forces in the world, and the modern Wahhabists and Salafists and similar ilk want to go back to those days.
Persia, Egypt, Libya, Morocco, Spain, Portugal, Bulgaria, Albania, Russia, Ukraine, Pakistan, Romania, Turkey, Greece, Syria, France, Hungary, India, Serbia, Lebanon, Armenia, Indonesia, Malasia, the Philippines are just a few of the countries that have either been had to fight defensively to repulse imperialistic Arabs and Muslims or have been conquered and occupied by them.
I did specify Arabs, who get most of the Middle Eastern studies attention. The Arab empires were the Caliphates, which at their greatest extent (under the Umayyads) ranged from the Indus to Morocco and included almost all of Iberia. They lasted roughly five centuries.

I agree completely that Leftism and Judaism are completely incompatible. Leftism, whether of the National Socialist, International Socialist, Arab Socialist, or Progressive variety is inherently anti-Semitic.

Now someone has some ‘splaining to do.
Somebody needs to tell that to folks like Rosa Luxemburg. In fact an awful lot of the worst socialist theorists were Jews.
Dunno religiously Jewish they were, though.

Here is some more:
Israel is stuck with those of us who did not attend college as their supporters in the United States. When I see the mind control that passes for scholarship in the academy I think the Israelis got the better half of the deal.
1 2 Next View All

22 Trackbacks to “How to Turn a Campus into an Indoctrination Center”