Rubin Reports

Now that the two (primary, at least) terrorists from the Boston Marathon attack have been killed or captured, we enter a new phase in which the dominant politically correct, factually incorrect forces try to explain away the attack.

Can this be done? Will they really try? Well, yes. True, as one of my correspondents remarked, it is much easier to obfuscate distant Benghazi than a total shutdown and horror in the middle of a major American city. Yet the spin-masters are already at work.

The first step must be, in part, a stalling technique — but it sets the pattern for what is to come. The motive must be obfuscated — this Reuters piece, “Boston Marathon Bombing Investigation Turns to Motive,” is a good start. The article spends seven paragraphs discussing the parents’ claim that the two brothers were framed.

This suggests that mass media and politicians will not shrink from suggesting — perhaps I should say “giving fair hearing” — to bizarre conspiracy theories and doubts. People shouldn’t believe these completely, is the theme, but you just can’t be too sure that two young Muslims would have any reason to harm Americans. There are now witnesses who heard the two terrorists’ mother claiming that September 11 was a U.S. plot to make people hate Muslims.

That’s where playing with that kind of fire leads.

In the Reuters article, the word “Islam” is not mentioned except to say that the two once lived in one predominantly Muslim country, and that another place they lived, Dagestan, is “a southern Russian province that lies at the heart of a violent Islamist insurgency.” Here, we have another technique: minimize Islam as a factor, and turn it into background noise.

Obviously, this will not apply completely, both because the elephant in the room is too big, and there is still some journalistic integrity in places. Both the Washington Post and Mother Jones took a lead in exposing the YouTube likes of one of the terrorists, which showed a preference for al-Qaeda views — to say the least.

There are a lot of other quivers in the arsenal of denial, however. On Face the Nation, Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick said he had no idea why the Tsarnaev brothers would target ”innocent men, women, and children in the way that these two fellows did.”

The answer — of course — is that these people were not regarded as innocent at all, but as soldiers in the alleged Christian-Jewish war on Islam. This, of course, is precisely the same thinking that has been produced by Islamists for decades. Might September 11, 2001, be a clue for Patrick?

Of course, for Patrick to say that at this point in the investigation is understandable on one level: as a refusal by a government official to remark on an ongoing investigation, which is a relief from the president’s past remarks that the police acted “stupidly” with professor Henry Louis Gates and “if I had a son, he’d look like Trayvon.”

Yet what if Patrick’s claim is sustained, week after week, until the heat is off?

NBC News has just reported that Tamerlan Tsarnaev had visited an Islamist radical six times at a mosque in Dagestan. The Caucasian/Chechen angle offers some hope for successful obfuscation, as a lot of media time can be spent talking about that conflict. [Christian Science Monitor, it isn't Islam but a Chechen tribal code of honor.]

Of course, if the young men were acting as Chechens and not as Islamists they would have attacked a Russian target. The United States has not — even by the usual stretch of radical Islamist imagination — had anything to do with the conflict in Chechnya.

The more compelling the conflict in Chechnya is as a source of pain and passion, the less compelling the argument that the conflict was a motive. The Russians have indeed been brutal in suppressing the rebellion, far more than the West or Israel has acted toward anyone. So what cause overrides that one?

Yet Chechen grievances will be a good topic for obfuscation.

TAKE HIS PIC DOWN, NOW!!!
Every news agency across the globe is showing the pic(s) of a sick murderer and all of the “wackos” and “nutjobs” who might be “on the fence” of doing, or not doing, something terrible are being encouraged into doing it for the FAME and NOTORIETY given by the Media. (AARRGGHH).
Show me pictures of the little boy this piece of dirt murdered in cold blood. I want to remember the joyful face of a bright-eyed young man living life to the fullest. Not some twisted killer. Show me the two women killed in the blast. Tell me stories of their lives, not the killers. I couldn’t care less about the slime that cowardly murdered innocents. Show me the runners in the Marathon – I have no idea what they look like. (But thanks to supreme stupidity by the media, I will never be able to forget the pics of a teenage killer.)
Show me the eight year-old boy – I want to identify with him, not the killer. Show me pics of the heroes – the law enforcement personnel who risked their lives to catch these butchers. Show me the guy with the boat who called it in! Show me the MIT Cop who was killed. Tell me about him, his life, his values, his experiences, not the killers.
Our collective Media is making a butcher of innocent children into a “relatable guy.” They are personalizing him. Please, please stop. I challenge you to a paradigm shift starting now. No longer does the media broadcast images of the criminal 24/7 and tell us all, all about his entire life and the lives of his relatives and friends. But rather, investigate, personalize and broadcast images of the innocent victims, the hard working law enforcement and/or military personnel. Tell us stories of their lives, their hopes, their dreams, their reality. Dig deep and deeper still, not into the killer, but in to the victims and heroes.
I won’t be holding my breath. littlegecko
JOHN KERRY COMPARES ISRAELI COMMANDOS TO THE BOSTON MARATHON KILLERS

kkkkkk

So according to arse kissing Kerry, the IDF commandos who killed nine violent Jew hating flotilla jihadists hellbent on illegally breaking a naval blockade to help genocidal Hamas terrorists are no better than the two Boston Marathon jihadists who killed and maimed scores of innocent Americans? Actually coming from the man who compared our brave troops in Vietnam, and their noble mission of fighting Communism, to savage, bloodthirsty, Mongol hordes we shouldn't be shocked or surprised.

Muslims, by and large...view radical Islam the way liberals view radical leftists.

"They are on our side, doing the "muscle" end of the business. If it's dirty and underhanded, even evil...it's all for the cause"

We make the vital...and continuing...mistake of conflating liberals with leftist radicals. It allows them to hide in plain site.

And, we do a similar thing with Muslims and radical Islamists.

Radicalism is a dirty, vicious, violent, lying, slandering enterprise. It needs a place to hide in plain sight. And, WE...give it to them. We adopt the "infused" words, phrases and "planted" ideas that soften up our resistance, crush our windpipes and strangle our voices.

We are "shamed" into silence with threats of peer pressure, ridicule and assorted slanders.

Not fighting back, not resisting, not standing up for ourselves and this land of ours...and our allies...is EXACTLY the strategy used against us by the now clearly seized agenda media, academia and pop culture traitors.

Radicals and revolutionaries are kindred spirits. Patriots ought to be as well...but, we are not. They get us to fight within ourselves like trained chimps dancing to the organ grinder...only it's a grinder of morale and national spirit.

These two Chechens are the last shores of the Rubicon. It's time to plant a flag in the ground.

There is no such thing as 'ADJECTIVE' Islam no EUPHEMISM Islam , no 'IST' or 'ISM' but there is 'IC'.
Left Wing moonbat Multi Culti, Politically Correct, Black Race Hustler society in the USA will end up destroying it.
Riddle me this my left wing correspondents: The United States intervened in the Balkans and broke apart Serb dominated Yugoslavia yet there never has been a Serb terrorist attack on US or NATO interests. Why is that? Every Serb I have met who knows that I was involved in military operations against their country holds no special animosity towards me. So please explain why after destroying Yugoslavia the Serbs aren't attacking us.
Eventually we will get to the Hillary Clinton point after all the obfuscation and delaying and denial and finger pointing at everything but Islam.

"What difference, at this point, does it make?"
4 here, 3 there...no reason to get exited....said the joker to the thief, there are many here amongst us, who fell life is but a joke.
Islam is a religion of peace, needs to be amended to, Islam is a religion of pieces.
"Just an excitable boy they all said." Warren Zevon
"All the irrational ways they will use to blame everything but Islamism."

And with others its all the irrational ways they will use to blame everything but Islam.
Probably some bureaucrat will state that "Diversity is good" and the murderer will be went to some unreachable jail.
Just two poor misunderstood wayward youth wanting to follow their dream.
TAKE HIS PIC DOWN, NOW!!!
I won’t be holding my breath. littlegecko