The PJ Tatler

Bryan Preston

May 30, 2014 - 9:38 am

President Obama is accustomed to going on fluff news shows and answering fluff questions. So imagine his surprise when former NFL star Michael Strahan — whose father is a retired veteran — asked the president on Live! With Kelly and Michael about whether Shinseki would resign from the VA hours before the president was set to announce that Shinseki had resigned. That’s just not the kind of show where Obama gets asked anything more serious than “So, do you think the Spurs can finish Durant off this time?”

It takes Obama two full minutes to dance around the question, while feigning interest in being the head of the U.S. military. In his bloodless way, Obama looks like he’d rather slip out and tune into Sports Center. Of course, that’s pretty much always true of President Brackets.

h/t Mediaite

...they are so dedicated, so patriotic, so smart...

Indeed. And they deserve a real CinC, not a poseur like you.

All that shuckin' and jivin' when a simple yes or no would have sufficed.
I won't click. I can't bear to hear this jackass prevaricate or pretend he gives a rip.
Oh-----shut-----up.

PLEASE!
Much as I'd like to hear OhBummer tap-dance around the question, I can't, can't, CAN'T listen to him. He always sounds to me like a con-man addressing a roomful of 6th-graders, trying to bamboozle them out of their lollipops.

He's either a dumb guy trying to sound smart, or a shifty, manipulative grifter trying to sound honest. Or probably both.
Oh Lord, it is going to be a long, long two years. I'm considering shutting down all electrical impulses into my home and donning an aluminum colander.
obama should have been impeached for his conduct unbecoming a president in the Lakin case.

Any soldier who serves under this Choomander-in-Keef isn't paying attention.
How to say nothing w/o really trying!
Strahan: Mr. President, do you think Shinsecki should resign
Obama: Well Micheal, I'm in favor of veterans.
Strahan: Yes, we all are, but that doesn't answer the question
Obama: Well Micheal, I was just at West Point. Boy they're smart.
Strahan: Yes they are, but that doesn't answer the question
Obama: Well Michael, our veterans deserve the best care.
Strahan: Yes they do, but that doesn't answer the question
Obama: Well Michael, waiting lists are bad.
Strahan: Yes they are, but that doesn't answer the question
Obama: Well Michael, Eric Shinsecki cares about veterans.
Strahan: Seriously? Are you ever going to answer the question?
Obama: Well Michael, my answer is yes.
Strahan: Yes?
Obama: Yes.
Strahan: So?
Obama: I answered your question already, we need to move on.
Strahan: What? Please explain.
Obama: You asked me if I would ever answer the question. I said Yes, thereby answering your question asking if I would ever answer your question.
Strahan: This must be how the VA scheduling system works.
Obama: We are investigating that and hope to get a report.
Strahan: I got nothing.
Obama: Thank you.
When Strahan mentioned his father was an Army Major I bet the CIC wanted to leave the studio immediately.
Kudos to Michael Strahan for going where none of the WH press corpse dared. Barry was truly surprised he got such a tough question from a Pro Football Hall of Famer. I'm sure Barry was expecting to talk about the NFL.
Made it about 20 secs then had to shut it down. If he had said "uh, uh" one more time I would have trashed my monitor and speakers. Totally lame duck.
Change that duck to ass.
"To Pull off the disguises of cunning, vanity and affectation." The prescription of the Tatler fits perfectly. Three minutes of Cunning, Vanity and Affectation and nothing but.

Henry Hudson got closer to trying to find the Pacific Ocean in sailing past New Amsterdam up the river now named for him than this Putz did in "trying" to answer the question that was honestly posed to him.
Your historic allusions are tantalizing. We'll have none that in our national "conversation".
With so many heroes left to die, ignored and abandoned by this administration...Obama has been filling out his brackets for each VA hospital, trying to predict the Final Four.

Of course, Typhoid Barry ignored wounded warrior in his little speech to Strahan. Because the Woodstock Narrative doesn't like courageous heroes. It like the Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and homeless image of our servicemen.

They come back "damaged and destroyed and derelict". Not heroic. Pitiable.

Fixing their wounds isn't nearly as important as crushing their image.
1 2 Next View All