The PJ Tatler

Bridget Johnson

January 13, 2014 - 12:24 pm

Secretary of State John Kerry presented Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov not with a reset button at today’s Syria talks in Paris, but with… a pair of potatoes.

At their joint press conference, a confused Russian reporter asked about the gift. “It is a symbolic gift? What does it mean?”

“Well, he told me he’s not going to make vodka. He’s going to eat them,” Kerry quipped before changing the subject.

“With respect to the potatoes, I really want to clarify: There’s no hidden meaning,” he later said. “There’s no metaphor. There’s no symbolic anything. We were having a good conversation in the course of the Christmas break over the subject of Idaho, which was where I was at the time, and he recalled the Idaho potatoes as being something that he knew of, so I thought I would surprise him and bring him some good Idaho potatoes. And that’s the full symbol of the whole thing.”

“The specific potato which John handed to me has the shape which makes it possible to insert potato in the carrot-and-stick expression,” Lavrov laughed. “So it could be used differently.”

kerrypotato

Russia responded by putting State Department press secretary Jen Psaki in a pink ushanka:

Bridget Johnson is a career journalist whose news articles and opinion columns have run in dozens of news outlets across the globe. Bridget first came to Washington to be online editor at The Hill, where she wrote The World from The Hill column on foreign policy. Previously she was an opinion writer and editorial board member at the Rocky Mountain News and nation/world news columnist at the Los Angeles Daily News. She has contributed to USA Today, The Wall Street Journal, National Review Online, Politico and more, and has myriad television and radio credits as a commentator. Bridget is Washington Editor for PJ Media.

my mum in-law got a new silver Cadillac ATS-V Sedan by working part time off of a computer... Find Out More star56.com
To think this man was almost president.

To think, he would have been an improvement.
۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ
my buddy's step-aunt makes $82/hour ℴn the internet. She has been fired from work for 6 months but last month her pay check was $13120 just working ℴn the internet for a few hours. lℴℴk at this web-site.....
www.dub30.com
۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ
Now spell, Comrade.
Since there was a prior conversation about Idaho potatoes between them, Kerry's gift was appropriate. I'm certainly no fan of Kerry. I would however have presented them in a quieter, less formal way—like my staff member gives them to his staff member. While Kerry says there is no hidden meaning, I think this is foreshadowing the future diet of Americans if their policies continue.
You are a dietary optimist, I see.
The Russians received the pair of potatoes in good grace, they wanted to give Kerry a pair back, but no men in the Obama cabal has a pair, nor would they know what to do even if they did.
"These spuds' for you"

"There’s no hidden meaning,” he (Kerry) later said. “There’s no metaphor. There’s no symbolic anything."

No, sir. It is true symbolic of your words and actions - absolutely nothing.
So everyone in the Obama administration is a stroke patient, not just Biden.
See here? This is what they used for my face lift!

2 Trackbacks to “Kerry Presents Russian Counterpart with a Pair of Potatoes”