The PJ Tatler

Bryan Preston

November 25, 2013 - 2:06 pm

Praise the Lord and pass the gravy. President Obama’s online bot army wants you to go to your family Thanksgiving gathering armed with its ridiculous talking points.

pic-ofa-thanksgiving

Jonah Goldberg has posted the entire letter at NRO.

As if this wasn’t bad enough, MSNBC will get an hour of content out of it.

The letter assumes much — mostly, that the family liberal is the one anyone else turns to for advice. Seriously? Since when is liberalism a “voice of reason” or source of same? It’s entirely based on feelings and vague notions, not empirical facts.

I don’t know about you, but the prospect of listening to an OfA bot drone on about that craptacular law just warms my heart. Fortunately for me, there aren’t any OfA drones in my family. It’ll be football, turkey, pecan pie, maybe a trip to a gun range, and blessedly free of Obamabots.

Jim Geraghty makes a great point.

What are the odds some OfA follower starts ripping into Dad the small business owner on Thanksgiving, only to have Dad remind him that he’s still on Dad’s insurance plan for another year or two? So, pipe down and eat some bird.

Update: There’s…a video. It’s horrible.

YouTube Preview Image

In our family, the sole OFA "voice of reason" (an obnoxious, young female college student) got so verbally ripped up over gun control last Thanksgiving, that she walked out, sobbing her head off. She subsequently announced she won't be attending the family dinner this year, which resolved the dilemma of not inviting her.
If any mouthy bastard dares to defile a day of simple gratitude and thanks and brings this up at my table, they will be thrown out of the house instantly. Believe what you wish, but keep a civil tongue in your head in my home or I will show you the door. Keep it up and I will show you the pavement. Anyone for seconds?
A) that video sucks

B) that kid ain't 26 yet, so it ain't his problem mommy and daddy.
Good God. Are they nuts?

Wait, I think I just answered my own question.
OFA as the voice of reason?? In what universe?

The Reality based community seems to have a problem with reality.
If my Uber-Liberal sister (who's hosting Thanksgiving dinner again this year), her Uber-Liberal husband and/or her Uber-Liberal in-laws *dare* to bring up Obamacare at the table, I've got my conversation-stopping retort all prepared:

I'll just glance at each guest and announce with a disappointed smile, "Oh dear, and I was *so* hoping we'd spend Thanksgiving dinner discussing *abortion*."

If that doesn't work -- or worse, if it actually starts an actual discussion of abortion -- then I'll suddenly remember an urgent phone call that I was supposed to make 5 minutes ago and excuse myself to the garage ...
If you have a hardcore liberal family member you really get irked with and are part of an overall normal clan that tends to like its Thanksgiving without a big helping of rancorous political talk, making sure the cell phone has enough memory left for video recording should be important this week. You may need it to post the viral video beat-down of the family's Obama cultist when he or she tries to tell everyone what they've seen or have personally experienced for the past two months with the health care roll-out really isn't happening.
I don't know why I'm surprised...these OFA parasites are so classless and clueless as to encourage the weak-minded to start family arguments on Thanksgiving Day. Obviously they are relying on the stereotypical "drunk uncle", who is usually an ex-felon and all around loser, who mooches his way through the family every holiday season. We do not own one of those, at this time, although there is a brother-in-law who may soon qualify, if his wife throws his drunkard a$$ out of the house again.

Remember BENGHAZI!
Conservative Host me feeds the liberals at my table.
"I am a river to my people."
You hear plenty of anecdotal stories of how Thanksgiving brings out the worst in families. Now there's this. Thank, you, Mr. Obama, for continuing to sow the seeds of division among the people.
No turkey and dressing for the Obamaganda Squad.

They sit at the children's table and eat very dim sum
1 2 Next View All