The PJ Tatler

Bridget Johnson

October 24, 2013 - 12:53 pm

The ranking member on the House Energy and Commerce Committee downplayed the mounting concerns about the efficacy and integrity of the Healthcare.gov website because he was able to log on while fiddling around on his mobile device during today’s hearing.

Contractors including CGI Federal appeared before the committee today to answer questions about the failure of the Obamacare exchange website, but no administration officials testified.

“We are disappointed that the system is not in place and running the way we envisioned. But the contractors have given us assurances that they think everything will be every day better to the point where the deadline can be met for people to sign up, choose a health care plan in time for it to go into effect January 1. The absolute deadline for that to happen is December 15th,” the top Democrat on the committee, Henry Waxman (Calif.), told reporters.

“I think we need to keep in mind that many people already have been able to get their health care plan under the exchange — under the marketplace — under the federal and state marketplaces. And that many people are anxious to get health insurance. And we ought to make sure that it’s working, and not take the approach that some of my colleagues have taken: ‘If it’s not working now, we ought to abolish the whole system.’ Of course, they’ve been against it from the very first day, and wanted to abolish it, and even close out the government to try to eliminate the Affordable Health Care plan,” he continued.

“But we got to stay with it and make sure it’s done. And I was encouraged by the testimony that they feel that they can beat this deadline — absolutely deadline in December 15th — and that people can try now. Because many people are getting through.”

Waxman noted that he went on his iPad during the hearing “and I was able to access healthcare.gov.”

“And I told them I wanted to look at the different plans. They asked where I lived, and I said it was in California, so they referred me to Covered California. And I went on that. And in the course of 10 minutes, I was looking at the various health plans that were available to my constituents,” he said.

His experience was brought up by other Democrats in defense of the exchanges.

It's hard to tell his ass from his face. That's what's been saving him from having his ass kicked! :)
How about a face transplant and also kicked out of Congress just because he is stupid and a liar!
He should get a nose transplant.
my classmate's mother-in-law makes $85/hour on the laptop. She has been out of work for 5 months but last month her income was $14953 just working on the laptop for a few hours. have a peek at this website....www.Bay95.com
Shocking Facts About US Veterans: 1 Suicide Every 65 Minutes By Global Research News, September 27, 2013

So sign up pignose. Then tell us how much you love this $hit.
"I was looking at the various health plans that were available to my constituents,” he said."
Of course he said nothing about the sticker shock the website was purposely rigged to hide. Available to my constituents, but won't impact me or my staff...
If Waxman were an actual figure made of wax he'd have more brainpower than the real one. A DNA check might reveal that Waxman and Pelosi are twins separated at birth.
What happens when the young and healthy give the middle finger to Obamacare and don't pay for health insurance or the fine? The fact that waxman was trying to get on the website during the hearing shows what a dog and pony show this was. No heads will roll and the middle class will again be stuck with the bill.
So a couple of people who were in the enviable position of being able to exempt themselves from the system are able to log in (not enroll) and this makes the system successful? Will somebody please tell this to my boss? Because that poor benighted soul seems to be under the impression that ALL of my program has to work before he will deem it a "working" system. Maybe if he was a progressive, he would be impressed if he was simply able to log in...I'll have to report him to the administration so they can reeducate the poor man. That ought to fix it.
I worked over 35 years in the IT industry, as a programmer and later as IT Director, and I agree with you 100%.
Sometimes a great personality and a great brain covers up a not so great appearance.No luck with Waxyman.What comes out of Waxyman's mouth is always self defeating.Poor little fella,,,,
Now you can be penalized for living and unwilling or unable to get a government sponsored Healthcare Insurance Policy called ACA or Obamacare. Fortunately I am a veteran that this law does not affect!

I am sorry for the rest of my fellow citizens that are subject to this debacle and horrid law that I believe is unconstitutional!
Prove it!