The PJ Tatler

Bryan Preston

April 8, 2013 - 3:06 pm

What doesn’t Sen. John McCain understand here?

BOB SCHIEFFER: Let’s see what Senator McCain, how– what’s your thought on a filibuster on this [gun control bill]. Would you be against that?

SENATOR JOHN MCCAIN: I don’t understand it. The purpose of the United States senate is to debate and to vote and to let the people know where we stand–

BOB SCHIEFFER: So you’d encourage Republicans not to filibuster.

SENATOR JOHN MCCAIN: I would not only encourage it. I don’t understand it. What are we afraid of? Why would we not want, if this issue is as important as all of us think it is, why not take it on the world’s greatest deliberative–that’s the greatest exaggeration in history, by the way–but, you know, why not take it up an amendment and debate. The American people will profit from it. I do not understand why United States senators want to block debate when the leader has said that we can have amendments.

Maybe it’s time to retire, Senator.

I firmly believe that rino extraordinare McIdiot's reelection was due to him capturing the dim vote.
When reason fails, only force is left.
Come on now, the guy did graduate in the top 100% of his class.

After all, the guy is saying that he prefers that we promote dialogue with each other in order to foster an understanding of our positions. He does this...by running to BOB SCHIEFFER, instead of establishing a dialogue with his fellow Republicans, of course.

Because, if you are going to play the clown car jester for the other side...I mean...you might as well go for the gold.
Don't look at me. I voted for JD Hayworth in the primary.
It's been time for McRino to retire years ago.
Thank Arizonans for re-electing this pathetic joke. When they thought he said "Just build the damned fence", he actually said "I just dumped in my pants."
Thanks again Arizona, for foisting on the Republic this cadaverous old Washingtonian. It's too bad the state is so bereft of talent.

One Trackback to “John McCain Just Doesn’t Understand”