All Four State Dept Officials Who ‘Resigned’ After Benghazi Report Expected to Return to Work
December 26, 2012 - 10:22 am
Apparently the Clintons, famous for twisting around the definition of “is,” have now found a way to twist around the meaning of the word “resign.” Another word that got the Clinton twist: “accountability.”
The four officials supposedly out of jobs because of their blunders in the run-up to the deadly Benghazi terror attack remain on the State Department payroll — and will all be back to work soon, The Post has learned.
The highest-ranking official caught up in the scandal, Assistant Secretary of State Eric Boswell, has not “resigned” from government service, as officials said last week. He is just switching desks. And the other three are simply on administrative leave and are expected back.
The four were made out to be sacrificial lambs in the wake of a scathing report issued last week that found that the US compound in Benghazi, Libya, was left vulnerable to attack because of “grossly inadequate” security.State Department leaders “didn’t come clean about Benghazi and now they’re not coming clean about these staff changes,” a source close to the situation told The Post., adding, the “public would be outraged over this.”
I’d like to see the evidence of said “outrage.” The Clinton State Dept. and Obama government transparently lied about Benghazi in the weeks between the attack and the election, with no repercussions at all. Hillary Clinton has dodged having to testify on the matter, the security beforehand and the decision to blame a movie afterward, with no repercussions at all. Thanks to media puffery, Clinton is currently leading the pack to win the presidency in four years.
We could do with some outrage over the deaths of four Americans and the lies told to cover up what really happened, but there’s no evidence of it.