Why Men Cannot Trust Feminist Academics Who Write on Men

"Let’s go back the way it used to be on Mad Men." This interview with Michael Kimmel filled me with disgust.

Helen Smith

May 1, 2014 - 8:28 am

Too many evenings hanging with these guys kept us from seeing too many movies this year.

I read with interest (and quite frankly, disgust) an interview with Michael Kimmel, author of books such as Guyland and Angry White Men, over at Just Four Guys blog. It made me realize why men should not trust Uncle Tims like Kimmel. Here is a summary of where academics like Kimmel stand:

PROF. KIMMEL: The United States has never been more gender equal. We’ve never been more sexually equal. We’ve never been more racially equal. Sure, on each front, we have a long way to go for full equality. There is still lots of discrimination against women, LGBT people, and people of color. But we have never been more equal. And we will be more equal tomorrow than we are today. And I’m happy to report that we are not going to go forward into the past. Women are not going to have some V8 moment in which they say “Oh, yeah, this equality stuff sucks, I hate voting, and driving, and serving on juries, and having a job, and having my own bank account, and having orgasms.” Let’s go back the way it used to be on Mad Men.

So the question for men, in my view, is simple: we can be dragged kicking and screaming into that more equal future, or we can walk courageously into that future, knowing that our lives, as men, will, be better for it, that the more equal we are, the better our relationships with our friends, our wives and partners, our children will be. Gender equality is not a zero-sum game; it’s a win-win. I support gender equality not only because it’s right and fair and just and patriotically American – which it is – but because I also know it is in my interests to do so.

No, Kimmel, men have real issues right now that you have not addressed. Campuses accusing them unfairly of rape without due process, fathers being torn from kids due to abusive family courts, men forced to pay for children that are not their own, and boys growing up without male role models. You talk about how teens like Trayvon Martin etc. need help from the men’s rights movement. Bullshit. Men like Chris Mackney need and deserve our help. I will be there to help them, will you? Somehow, I doubt it.

*****

Cross-posted from Dr. Helen’s blog

Helen Smith is a psychologist specializing in forensic issues in Knoxville, Tennessee, and blogs at Dr. Helen.

You can't trust anybody in academia. They are all weak, stupid, bitter people. Once that is understood everything falls in place, and we start addressing the big question: why do we give them money?
True story: A friend's nephew is a 6th grader in Philadelphia public schools. He came home from school one day upset, and announced to his mother: "Mom, I'm the enemy".

God help a society which eats its young.
I work in education and maintain a wide berth between myself and the women on staff. I do not trust any woman who is not related to me. I have also learned to quickly identify and avoid liberal whites who throw other white people on the pyre in order to prove to minorities that they are on the side of minorities: "See, see how much I like you? I stabbed all of these innocent white people in the back just to prove it -- and now you won't attack me. Right?" This Kimmel fellow fits the description to the letter...
In a sexually reproductive, reproductively specialized, species, how is homosexuality or gender identification of any value? These are sexual defects. While we shouldn't 'hate' people with birth defects, we certainly don't need to normalize sexual confusion. There's a reason queer is queer.
"fathers being torn from kids due to abusive family courts"

Yessir, and I am one of them, the game is rigged while pretending to be fair.
I wrote my opening expose about my daughter being ripped from me by the family courts, there was nothing I could do to get her back:
Please change the title of your article to: "Why Pajama Boy Cannot Trust Feminist Academics Who Write On Men".

Real men already know that the bankrupt intellect of a feminist academic can't produce anything worth reading.
Here's the deal. As a minor exercise I tried to write, your quote, 'bull$hit."

I challenge anyone on this board to write it correctly and get it posted.

See? Now, being a guy, that's just kind of a guy thing to say when it needs to be said. But, this site contributes, subtly to the well known problem of de-normalizing men. I was quoting another column in PJ's a while back which used the word "wh0re." See? Look at the game we're playing here. This is PJ's, for God's sake! Not exactly a bastion of low brows and not likely to be.

I think Kipling's TOMMY comes to mind. It's great to have a man "on demand."

The language police are really getting me down. I'm shopping for other venues.
Welp, that is usually how I write these things to get them past the censors.
Examples:
fukt up, a load of sht, fkn this and fkn that.
There are dozens of ways to get across the very word they want to censor. No stress, just do it.
Wonem are "equal" because of two things...
Power Steering, and Air Conditioning...

After that, they need special treatment...everywhere...for every THING....

You dont need a Government Funded "Womans Crisis Center" if youre EQUAL...you ditch that silly "restraining order", and you buy a GUN.

Meanwhile, American Feminists are still trying to repeal the force of gravity.....

because it "discriminates"...and thats not "fair"

Yawn.

"...you buy a GUN". A man after my own heart. "...repeal the force of gravity". You guys aren't interested in us after our boobs & butts start to sag, so Yes, LESS GRAVITY would be welcome...LOL.
"Why Men Cannot Trust Feminist Academics Who Write on Men"

Let me fix that for you:

Sensible People Cannot Trust Feminist Academics.

That's all that needs to be said.

I think you're too specific. My thought is - "Sensible people cannot trust academics.".

Just wander thru the halls of any Big State University, local State University, community college, or worse yet, a large LEGACY liberal university.

How bad is it?

MIT is considered a model of diversity - given the <10% of faculty that are NOT "Liberal".

But I like you're point. It seals the deal.

True! I thought about writing it that way, but I decided to keep it focused on the more narrow topic.

It has been said many times that Liberalism is a mental disease. I agree with that and I do not mean 'Progressivism" --which is an advance stage of the disease-- but Liberalism, the whole enchilada that includes all of it. On the most grievous mental diseases the mental walls that separate perception of reality, imagination, dreams, desires, etc. fall and the sufferer no longer can distinguish the imagined from the real. I believe Liberalism has reached that stage now. They started basing their doctrines in a distorted vision of history; then they built their economic theories on wishful thinking; finally they are judging entire groups (men, religious people, blacks, immigrants, etc.) favorably or unfavorably on the basis of an imagined social history. This is Marxist revisionism on steroids.

The days when Robert Young played Father Knows Best derived into the androgynous (in fact the actor playing him was gay) Brady of The Brady Bunch, later came the father-as-village-idiot of The Simpsons. Now we are served an even meaner version the creepy d*cks of Mad Men.

This war against paternity started long ago. I believe it is in essence a rebellion against God and the kind of society where the worship of God is possible. Notice that the men they portray in that show are more like Bill Clinton than say Ronald Reagan, and yet the label of sexism is more likely to fall on Reagan that on Clinton. The chutzpah of Liberalism knows no limits.

The transformation of America into a full blown schizophrenic society has been achieved. We as a nation are free to believe anything but the truth.
It's kind of funny to watch the twists and turns in the Left's narratives. Not too long ago the 50's were "Pleasantville," sexless and gray until JFK and the pill came along to save us. Now that the elites favor man-bashing, suddenly the same era is "Mad Men," literally drenched in sex and booze in every office. Booze in the office? Bourbon at nine in an ad agency? Sure, why not.
Of course, people made fun of ad execs at the time (or at least in the later part of the era) also.
Notice how all TV shows focus on "Careers and Industries" where no actual WORK gets done???

Ad Agencies, Schools, Civil Service, Politics? Talk, Theories, Ideas, Suspicions, Hunches, meetings, and convincing others youre right?

But no...like...WORK in the Workplaces they fixate on...

Could it be that Liberals are all talk and no action?
And then make TV shows that paint them as herioc and valuable?

Possibly the only exception is hospital shows.
Someone could the Professor (and our President) the difference between fiction and reality. Mad Men is not a work of history, it is a work of fiction, a straw man set up by the Left to knock down.

BTW, in my youth women had the option of serving on juries or not; today mothers must figure out what to do with their little children as they are given the wonderful "right" to have their lives disrupted.
Sorry, "could tell".
'Cause they're man-hating Harpies?
1 2 Next View All