Letters from the Muslim world; a 9/11 sampling from my inbox
As the proprietor of the Mohammed Image Archive, I get a continuous stream of letters from Muslims around the world, offering their opinions about me, my Web site, Islam, and the West. Every now and then, when I get a free moment (not often these days), I update the Archive's Emails From Readers page with a selection of the latest arrivals. And a few months ago I posted some representative examples of the kind of communiqués I get from Muslims in an essay I wrote about the Mohammed Image Archive.
But the letters keep pouring in. Hardly an hour goes by without at least one email from a reader somewhere in the Muslim world telling me exactly what is on his or her mind.
To mark 9/11 this year, I present below some of the emails I have received in just the last week. (All emails are unedited and appear here exactly as they arrived, except to abbreviate the senders' full names.)
Let the dialogue begin!
From: H. Nehal
To: The Mohammed Image Archive
Hey, my name is H. Nehal. I'm from Pakistan. You can make this website even better if you post some of your picctures on it with you little dick in her ass, or maybe you can post some of your mother's milky boobs. Your hairy ass' pictures will work just ass fine.
You're drawing our Prophet Salallaho Alaihay Wassalam, but you're actually showing your own thinking by these pictures. Of how you think of your Gods. Our Prophet was a great person, and these pictures you're drawing won't do any harm to him or us, instead it might take you by surprize. Do you know there was a man who drew Mohhammed S.A.W.W's pictures and after two weeks he died of electric shock?
If not then now you do. I hope you and your whole team die the same way. No, actually, in a much worse manner. Maybe by burning alive or drowning, as Prophet S.A.W.W said that this was the worst suffering for a dying person.
Allah sees all, and He is the one who created your filthy soul and rotten body, and He'll be the one to cut it into pieces one by one.
You'll rot in hell and you'll be made to drink blood and puss. That's what happens when you provoke someone's religion.
Rot in hell you bastard.
may Allah curse you remove those pictures of our prophet.
From: sanyam S. (India)
Subject: Re - strict actions needed
I am syed hasan , the muslim leader , & Head of military forces , ISLAM . I went through your website , & I immediately want the name of the owner . The way he dealt with the beliefes of islamic & christiatnity followers are punishable under law & , the images of MUHAMMAd he published , i would not even like to split on his face . I am giving you the warning if these pics are not deleted imeediately , i will take the case to national cort , saudi arabia & also to president of USA . I have given name of your site in media of India , California & mecca . & You will consequently see thow the owner of tis site will be severely punished . I have accomodated many christians & muslims , officers & they are ready to take immediate actions . the punishment can even be death sentence on appeal of all muslims & christians . i am writing this so that if possible delete your website or give me the numbers & details of the owner , for immediate actions .
Muslim legal head,
Officer of national military mecca
From: zubair m. (Pakistan)
oy dog why you make cartoon of our beloved prophet. you fuck bitch of son hramzady
From: Emre C. S.
Thanks for this great site. You made a service to humanity. I'm living in Istanbul, Turkey. Despite the false statistics and European perspective, religion here is weakening each day. Ruling class and poor people following them seems like devout muslims, but there's a large crack in the fast growing middle-class community, which could clearly be seen since the Internet growing popular in the early 2000's. People will learn the freedom of speech this way or another. And depiction of some 1400 years old cunning Arabian dude won't be a problem anymore. The destruction of religion is key to the free conscious humanbeing, and sites like you are accelerating this process. I just can't thank you enough.
From: v. vierra
Prophet Muhammad is not as ugly as it , stu**d..
He is not as ugly as you..
From: Mr. Budin
Subject: What is your motivation??
What is your aiming by doing this exactly?? What is your motivation? You have to know that for islam and for muhammad, what your doing is nothing, you can't make trust declined for islam, or even this religion will gone from this world by publishing that picture.. But for sure.. for the moslem community, you just doing that to insult and you will face the risk for yourself. Same as one of you will stand and try to kill us.. if we draw your leadership, your messangger, or your "God" (if you believe in God) in a bad way... You can't claim that all of you is on the right way.. or that is your human right, by insult the others... That is really not a peacefully!!
From: arif c. (Germany)
Subject: Stop Drawing Sketches of Muhammad S.A.W.W (P.B.U.H)
There are many other ways for freedom of speech. I ask you not to play with the emotions of Muslims and remove all the related stuff from your web site.
From: Mahmoud Anwar D. (Italy)
Subject: Please read my massage about Islam
I hope you read this message and think of it
First , I'd like to say that Prophet Mohamed is the Messenger of Allah and all that brought by him is the obvious right as Allah told us , and what happened is just a grudge and hatred for what Allah gave to him . Prophet Mohamed in the hearts of all Muslims and we love him greater than our parents, children, and mothers...
1. I only need a reply - not for me but for you - to the following questions, is the freedom of opinion means verbal aggression, attack on the beliefs of Muslims and prophets and Islamic faith?
2. Can you do such verbal aggression, or just hint for it, in Zionism or in hateful Secular despite of their odious works and the genocide of Muslims and Coptic that happened in Palestine?
3. Does your hatred to Prophet Mohammad require all these attacks that were of such magnitude?
Finally, I hope you, before talking about Prophet Mohamed, the Messenger of Allah, just to know his biography, life, and the revelation that he was sent for at the following link in Arabic, English and French :
MAHMOUD ANWAR D.
From: A. Pribadi (Indonesia)
Subject: what can't be done by america
i think the cartoons are disrespect islam,
oh yes, if you're worried about your friends in South Park because of the threat of death, it's nothing compared to the threat of death from your government in Muslim countries, so do not cry baby okay? because that's life.
i know that america is a facists country, they can be hero by killing million innocent people at hirosima, and i believe that america will be the first country who will drop the nuclear in the name of peace...., and your american friends will happy til crying that their government stop the war. Hey I think it's good idea if you could make it as a cartoon....
From: islamwill liveforever (Bosnia and Herzegovina)
You draw or post pictures liek you know islam or the prophet Muhammed may peace and blessings be upon him. whoever drew the cartoons, honest to god di dyou reserach islam and teh prophet Muhammed may peace and blessings be upon him? If you lie you know Allah (GOD) the Almighty is watching:) You should only excersie your freedom of speech when you know what you are depicting is not false pretences, were you not taught to lie as a child? and you think teh Prophet is bad, well the tables have turned:)
For the non muslims, do net be mislead by what the media potraying islam as, they are just threatened because it is teh fastest growing religion in the world:) And if Muhammed peace and blessing be upon him was a bad man then why was he ranked as NUMBER one by Michael Hart in his book Prophet Muhammad - The Most Influential Man in History, that is food for thought:) and you want to disrespect Muhammed peace and blessings be upon him when he is mentioned in all the different religions scriptures?? You do not believe me, then watch:
Muhammad Prophesized in Religious Scriptures of Christians, Jews, Hindus, Budhists and Parsis and Quran, Bible and Science - Dr Zakir Naik vs Dr William Campbell on the website
http://www.ilovezakirnaik.com/videos/index.htm, the British only banned Dr Zakir Naik from the UK because they are afraid of being told the truth:)
May you all be guided to the right path
Aameen Thumma ameen.
PS: zombie time you better post this and try not to pick and chose the comments you put:) let the public know the truth about islam do us all a favour. ALLAH THE ALMIGHTY IS WATCHING YOU:)
From: A. Javeed (India)
assalamo Alaikum Wa Ramato Allahi Wa Barakatoho
72 Signs of Kiyamah [Judgment Day]
1. People will leave prayer.
2. People will usurp Ama'naat.
3. Lying will become an Art.
4. There will be murders on the slightest of disagreements
5. Interest will become common.
6. There will be very tall buildings
7. People will sell religion for the world.
8. People will treat relatives badly
9. Justice will become a rarity
10. Lies will be considered truth
11. Clothes will be of silk
12. Persecution will become common
13. Divorces will become common
14. Sudden deaths will increase.
15. The usurper of Ama'naat will be considered honest and honorable.
16. The keeper of Ama'naat will be called an usurper of things given to him for safekeeping
17. Liars will be thought of as honest
18. Honest people will be thought of as liars
19. False accusations will become the norm.
20. It will be hot in spite of rain.
21. Instead of wishing for children, people will pray that they not have children
22. People from bad backgrounds and with bad upbringing will live a life of luxury (material, not peaceful).
23. Good people, when they try to practice, will be cut off from the world
24. Previously good people will also usurp Ama'naat.
25. Leaders will become persecutors.
26. Ulema and Qaris will commit adultery.
27. People will wear clothes of animal skin.
28. But their hearts will smell and will be dead.
29. And will be bitter.
30. Gold will become common.
31. Demand for silver will increase.
32. Sin will increase.
33. Peace will become rare.
34. Ayaats from the Quran will be decorated and calligraphy will become.
35. Mosques will be decorated.
36. And will have tall Minars.
37. But hearts will be empty.
38. Alcoholic drinks will be consumed.
39. Punishments ordered by the Shariah will be revoked and will not longer be implemented.
40. Women will order their mother around.
41. People who are with naked feet, naked bodies and against religion will become kings.
42. Women will trade along with men.
43. Women will imitate men.
44. Men will imitate women.
45. People will swear by things other than Allah and the Quran.
46. Even Muslims will be prepared to give false testimony, without being incited to it.
47. Only people one knows will be greeted with the salaam.
48. The knowledge of the Shariah will be used to earn worldly things.
49. Acts, which earn the Akhirah, will be used to earn the world.
50. Assets belonging to the nation will be considered and treated as personal treasures by the rulers.
51. Ama'naat will be considered ones personal asset.
52. Zakaat will be considered as a penalty.
53. The lowest and the worst man in the nation will become its leader.
54. People will not obey their fathers.
55. And will mistreat their mothers.
56. And will not hold back from harming their friends.
57. And will obey their wives.
58. And the voices of the men who commit adultery will be raised in mosques.
59. Women who sing will be treated with great deference.
60. Instruments of music will be kept with great care.
61. Alcohol will be drunk on the highways.
62. People will be proud of their acts of persecution.
63. Justice will be sold in the courts.
64. The number of men in the police force will increase.
65. Instead of music, the Quran will be used to gain pleasure for its tune and style (qirat), not for what it preaches, its meaning or for rewards in the Akhirah.
66. Animal fur will be used.
67. The last of the Ummat will curse those before them (clearly seen today in people who call the Prophet's companion's names).
68. Either Allah will send a Red Storm upon you.
69. Or Earthquakes.
70. Or your faces will be changed.
71. Or a rain of rocks from the skies. Asteroids? Meteors.
72. Lies will become a habit of the rulers and the rich.
Subject: Deeply Appreciative
Your website is a treasure of art and a monument of freedom. It's both beautiful to behold and defiantly and powerfully brandishes the freedoms of expression and information-sharing.
I wish you health, safety, and an inextinguishable passion to continue with your work!