All That Z Left Behind
Shortly after the Z-Man collected his bowl of raisins, I speculated that the intelligence gained from raiding his and other al-Quaeda hideouts in Iraq could well prove more important than the bombing raid itself. Today we're seeing some evidence of that, notably here and here, but particularly here, in a "state of the insurgency" document captured in the ruins of Zarqawi's not-so-safe house:
As an overall picture, time has been an element in affecting negatively the forces of the occupying countries, due to the losses they sustain economically in human lives, which are increasing with time. However, here in Iraq, time is now beginning to be of service to the American forces and harmful to the resistance for the following reasons:
1. By allowing the American forces to form the forces of the National Guard, to reinforce them and enable them to undertake military operations against the resistance.
2. By undertaking massive arrest operations, invading regions that have an impact on the resistance, and hence causing the resistance to lose many of its elements.
3. By undertaking a media campaign against the resistance resulting in weakening its influence inside the country and presenting its work as harmful to the population rather than being beneficial to the population.
4. By tightening the resistance's financial outlets, restricting its moral options and by confiscating its ammunition and weapons.
5. By creating a big division among the ranks of the resistance and jeopardizing its attack operations, it has weakened its influence and internal support of its elements, thus resulting in a decline of the resistance's assaults.
6. By allowing an increase in the number of countries and elements supporting the occupation or at least allowing to become neutral in their stand toward us in contrast to their previous stand or refusal of the occupation.
7. By taking advantage of the resistance's mistakes and magnifying them in order to misinform.
Read the whole thing. You'll have to, since you're not likely to read or hear much about it in major media reports.
Article printed from VodkaPundit: https://pjmedia.com/vodkapundit
URL to article: https://pjmedia.com/vodkapundit/2006/6/15/all-that-z-left-behind