08-21-2018 04:43:32 PM -0700
08-21-2018 02:59:04 PM -0700
08-21-2018 01:51:14 PM -0700
08-21-2018 12:08:57 PM -0700
08-21-2018 11:46:11 AM -0700
It looks like you've previously blocked notifications. If you'd like to receive them, please update your browser permissions.
Desktop Notifications are  | 
Get instant alerts on your desktop.
Turn on desktop notifications?
Remind me later.


Michael Caputo: Former Government Official Offered Me Hillary-Related Emails in May 2016

Former Trump campaign adviser Michael Caputo told Fox News host Laura Ingraham Monday night that he was approached by what he now believes was a deep state mole during the 2016 election, but said he would have to get "clearance" from his attorney before he could say more.

Caputo apparently got the that clearance because on Tuesday, he opened up to Fox Business host Neil Cavuto about the alleged mole who approached him through an intermediary in the first week of May 2016 -- months before the FBI has said it began its counterintelligence operation (dubbed Crossfire Hurricane) into the Trump campaign. As Andrew McCarthy noted at National Review on Tuesday, it has become increasingly obvious that the Obama administration formed the Trump-Russia “collusion” narrative in the late spring of 2016.

The informant who approached Caputo is in addition to Cambridge Professor Stefan Halper, who was reportedly in communication with at least three campaign officials: Trump campaign adviser Sam Clovis, in addition to Carter Page and foreign policy adviser George Papadopoulos.

"I was approached by an intermediary who had been talking to a ... former government official who told him that they had Hillary Clinton-related emails at that government organization and that they wanted to get them to the Trump campaign," he told Cavuto, explaining that the intermediary was approached with the information on May 6 and told him about the offer on the 9th.

"This conversation continued back and forth for several days," Caputo continued. "I was in Trump Tower at the time. Whenever I got a call from the intermediary, I would walk outside of the office. I spent a lot of time outside the fifth floor office talking to this intermediary," he said.

Caputo said the intermediary is a friend of his, and will be willing to go on the record "at the right time."

"He's willing to talk to Fox," Caputo declared.

He noted both he and his friend were "kinda amazed"  that they were contacted by someone from "a government agency," which he didn’t name. He was a "former contractor for that agency who said actual staff members of the agency had Hillary Clinton-related emails," Caputo told Cavuto. He added that they assumed the former contractor was talking about Hillary Clinton's 30,000 missing emails.

"By the time the 16th of May came around, I came to the conclusion that I did not want to take possession of these emails," he told Cavuto. "I thought they might be classified documents, and I urged through the intermediary that the people at the government organization do it through a proper whistleblower process. I never revealed this conversation to anyone at the Trump campaign. I was uncomfortable talking about it and I then broke off contact with that government organization representative."